Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Child Abuse...or Not? You be the Judge.=
Yes, Definitely Child Abuse 17 89.47%
No, It's Not Child Abuse 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2004, 10:17 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
child abuse...or not?

Child Abuse...Or not? You be the judge.

Listen to this recording that a friend sent me. The recording was of one of his clan's members while they were in a scim in Counter Strike.

http://ikkenai.spymac.net/goon/mason.mp3
Old 10-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
1.) how old is he?
2.) why his father did what he did?
3.) was his father drinking at this time and lost control of his mind.
4.) think there more to this then Justen is telling you.
5.) what is the full store behind it.

Kid sound like maybe 14-16 of age and if he still going to school he needs to tell them about it, in this way they can get help or at lease he can get it.
==============================
my father use to do this crap to me when he was drinking he would lose his cool for no reason at all and take it out on me*, till i pick him up and told him knock it off or I'll slam him into the door i had my fill of his crap that was the end of the beating for me. he never try anything like that again i was 16yrs old then. i will never do it to no one another child what he did to me.

i really think its a sad thing what happen to him and feel his sadness and remember the pain of it.

i am 44yrs old, not one time i ever did it to any child i had care of in my hands there is no shame for i never did or try to do this to any child of gods. he really need to tell his school about it they will take action and get their family some help.

I Voted: YES "Yes, Definitely Child Abuse"
think there a good chance his father is drinking and taken it out on him. he will not say it out load, but if you ask him to yes or no and he has on a headset only (speaker off) ask him to asker what you like to ask him by saying yes or no askers.

*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-09-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:49 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
1.) how old is he?
2.) why his father did what he did?
3.) was his father drinking at this time and lost control of his mind.
4.) think there more to this then Justen is telling you.
5.) what is the full store behind it.

1. Yes, hes 14.
2. Because the kid was playing Counter Strike.
3. No, he wasn't.
4. Maybe, but I'm not sure.
5. Dunno. All I know is that I was told that he was crying on ventrillo because his father was beating him for playing Counter Strike. I'll see what other information I can get.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:22 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

I'm not sure what to make of that but it sounded like someone was very distressed. Truly awful.

Regards
Old 10-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Cujo>DK< is offline Cujo>DK<

Send a message via Yahoo to Cujo>DK<
There's nothing a teenager can do that should bring on that type of action by a parent.

If he wreck's the car - hey at least he's ok.

If he does something wrong - hey you're a parent explain what he did wrong.

No one should be abused for spending time with their friends, even if it's only online.

Here in the U.S. it seems that parents are a bit confused about what they want their kids to do (or not to do). In my opinion, letting a kid play an online game with some of their friends is alot safer than turning the kids out onto the streets.

At least you'd know where they were, and what they're doing.

And you never know maybe the kid is learning something in the process. Heck I didn't know ANYTHING about web sites until I started gaming online.

I'll agree with Chief that there may be more to this, but even if there is that's still no reason for a grown man to hit a kid.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
5. Dunno. All I know is that I was told that he was crying on ventrillo because his father was beating him for playing Counter Strike. I'll see what other information I can get.
=======================================
for playing the game? i am truly sorry but thats not a good reason to beat him for?
man his home is not safe place at all, if his father beats the liven crap out of him like that.
will if you think it may help him get his clan call the local police dept up. all the members who heard it happen.
think he may have been told hands off the computer for punishment for some thing he may have done, he gone into the scim in Counter Strike. because he had to be there, so may be he pushed it and should have stay off the PC till he his punishment was finish.

there is no reason at all for a punishment like that for playing a game with others.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-10-2004 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:25 PM
thundar is offline thundar

well lets see he really should be tellin someone about this crap maybe children an youth services in his area can step in an do something ive seen to many ppl get punished by children an youth serivces that truely dont deserve it an ppl like this that dont get crap comeon i know we live in a world that most ppl just dont care but enough is enough i have 3 small children of my own from 5 years old to 2 years old an yes they do wrong they get punished but i dont beat the hell out of them or punch them for no reason come on guys if this was my friend be it online or not i would take it upon my self to get in contact with prper authoritys to help him. maybe hes scared to tell someone maybe he thinks its his fault every time it happens maybe it is some time but not always u know what i mean well dont get mad at me guys stuff like this pisses me off
Old 10-10-2004, 03:01 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

I know, I would contact authorities, but I don't know this kid, nor do I know where he lives. I do know that he lives in the US, but not sure which state. I will talk to his clanmates about it and see if they can contact the child abuse agency.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

soz lol i clicked no child abuse, i shud have clicked yes, FECK!!!

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 10-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

idk, i cannot make sence out of this tape. All i hear is the F word and leave i cannot understand the beggining of the track
Old 10-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Cujo>DK<
Here in the U.S. it seems that parents are a bit confused about what they want their kids to do (or not to do). In my opinion, letting a kid play an online game with some of their friends is alot safer than turning the kids out onto the streets.

At least you'd know where they were, and what they're doing.

And you never know maybe the kid is learning something in the process. Heck I didn't know ANYTHING about web sites until I started gaming online.
I'll put myself as an example here.. I caused so much trouble in my town from when I was 15 untill I was about 18 years old. I am not going to get into detail, but my life was going down... I was put on house arrest for 1 year and bought a computer... from then on I have never broken another law (Sept speeding).. I have't touched anything in over 4 years.. This lil hunk of computer saved my life.. and I guess playing delta force online did also.. At least I know something usuefull now.

I hope my kids find joy in computers.. I sure as hell don't want them out doing what I did. I look back and am scared of myself sometimes..

But about the video.. That's just wrong, i feel bad for him...

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-14-2004, 04:40 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

That post from Panther just goes to show what a positive influence computers can have on a persons life.

Good on you Panther for turning your life around bro and what an excellent advert for computers and online gaming it is!!!!

Warmest Regards
Old 10-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

He was getting beaten up by his dad because this lad was playing CS. Woah thats harsh, vote yes for abuse
Old 10-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Erik
Unregistered

Yes, that abuse alright someone should tose his father around for a bit.