Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:10 AM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

glitching

hi all,
could someone please clear something up 4 me .recently i was accused of glitching in a game. i thought people who glitched were invisible. is this true or not?? i got shot 15 times in this certain game & the host told this other person that i didnt cheat or glitch. so if someone could give me a better understanding as to what glitching is it would be appreciated thnx
Old 11-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
ok glitching, isn't cheating exactly, its where someone uses the bugs in a game to their advantage, i.e. theres some stone blocks which if you jump on u go through, so if you go prone then ppl can't hit you, but you can shoot them. Theres other stuff as well where nova haven't made the objects quite right. Also theres going prone behind a ridge, if you only come up v.slightly, then you cna shoot ppl but not be hit.

Its a thing which while isn't cheating, is considered exactly the same thing by alot of ppl, so just need to be careful when your playing.

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 11-26-2002, 10:08 AM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
In my opinion, if you KNOW your glitching, its the same thing as cheating. If you do it unknowingly, then you learn from your mistakes.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 11-26-2002, 11:01 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Im my opinion glitching is an aspect of the game.
Just as people learned to jump off hills and release their keys whilst falling to get a better aim.
Jump proners went a step further and nova got rid of that.
Its an imperfect world and an imperfect game.
I have heard people moan about the way someone plays in a server because you couldnt possibly do it in real life so you are a cheat if you do it in the game.
Here is a hint, you cant run full pelt across the desert with a heavy machine gun, body armour, rocketlauncher, knife, grenades, a pistol and a sub machine gun either.
You cant fall 250 feet without breaking your legs and then pummle across the arctic as if there was no tomorrow.
You cant hide in certain buildings and shoot straight through the walls one way, whilst being completley invulnerable to attack from the other direction in real life. And you cant hold a SAW at your hip and fire non-stop for 200 rounds at full sprint and still have a good aim.
You cant hide behind a hill and shoot through the top, you cant jump in the air and flatten yourself out as you fall and have the same ability to aim as if you were still on the ground with a scope.
You can't get hit 25 times in the chest but not die because you are out of phase with the rest of the battlefields time frame. You can't jump up ladders and make yourself go up twice as fast. You cant get a better reach with a knife if you run backwards.
You can't fire a barrett with the scope never leaving your field of view.
You can't run stright at a player with a knife knowing full well you are invulnerable for a few seconds.
You can't run full pelt at someone with a machine gun firing and then at the last second hide the gun, flip out a knife and jump up and backwards 10 feet as if momentum and inertia were physical laws that dont apply to you.

All these things you can't do in real life.
But you CAN do them in DF.
Who is it that draws the line?

Usually its the server host and that is where the respect goes when you are playing.
Some squads support glitch sniping, others abhor it.

In my server, if you are using only the advantages that can be gained through knowing Novalogics software and NO other third party software. Then its fair game.
Baecause thats what it is. A game.

Glitch snipers and people that know about which buildings you can glitch into piss me off no end though. But thats the game as far as I am concerned.

Old 11-26-2002, 11:06 AM

Quote:
640K ought to be enough for anybody."
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Check this out that Panther sent me once.

Monitor and mouse NOT included
Attached Images
File Type: gif computer1.gif (39.6 KB, 42 views)

Old 11-26-2002, 12:25 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Check this out that Panther sent me once.

Monitor and mouse NOT included
Yeah, i've seen that one before. The monitor was around a thousand dollars too for a color monitor. Just imagine if you had that kind of money to build a system these days.

Bill Gates in 1981
Old 11-26-2002, 01:54 PM

Im not sure I would know how to spend close on 10 grand on one machine.

Old 11-26-2002, 02:00 PM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

hi again,
thnx to all for the speedy replies & helping me understand what glitching is all about.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
Im not sure I would know how to spend close on 10 grand on one machine.
I sure as hell would like to try, but then only thing your doin is future proofin it for 3 months instead of the usual 1.

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 11-27-2002, 04:03 PM

Aint that the truth.
Although I have had my PC for two years with minimal upgrading.
Its is in dire need of a serious upgrade or replacement now but the situation is still a damn sight better than when I bought my 486 which was unablt to sustain new software within 8 weeks of purchase without serious upgrade.

Thank chuff for the chip a GCard wars.

Old 11-27-2002, 05:28 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

My first puter, a Pentium II 350 wasnt even upgradable as far as video cards go. It had a AGP slot with 1.0, the new cards at the time was 2.0. The card it had was, 8mb. Mine I have now is a homegrown puter, T Bird 1 gig, 1 gig ram and GeForce 3 ti200. Im doin a new machine now to act as a server, Athlon 2100 XP+, 512 DDR, GeForce 3 ti200 on cable. Only costing me around 3 hundred due to connections. 10 grand on a puter, my god the possibilities.

Bill Gates in 1981