Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

Is EXP popular in LW?

Howdy all. Im posting this question on a few message boards.

Not sure if this is even the right place to asked this question but I was just curious about the popularity of EXP in LW. I only have Df2 in that my computer doesnt support LW so I have no idea how popular EXP is in LW.

I have been hosting EXP DF2 A&D games since Dec. with pretty good success. I hosted EXP knife games for over a year prior to last Dec. However, it still amazes me the amount of players who dont know what EXP even is. I'm actually referencing well established squads and their members. Im always getting someone from some well known squad who tries to join and thus cant cause they dont have it d/l.

Also, I have advertised on our normal servers and posted messages on many squad boards to explain what Exp is and where to d/l. The thing I find most amazing is that a couple of the DF2 squads who tout themselves as the best squad with never losing....blah blah blah wont try out Exp. They say not interested. How the heck wouldnt you be interested on playing 10 additional terrains if you been playing this game for over 2 years. The only thing I can think of is that they are afraid that they may not have the large kill/death ratio in that the terrain would be new. I really doubt it's me personally in that I dont have any problems with anyone and I'm told I have some of the best maps around.

Many of those who do play in my EXP server now tell me how awesome it is b/c it is very competitive, fun, no b/s or cheats. They come by now if they ever see it up instead of going to other servers.

As far as I can see Im probably one of only a few that host EXP. I know I am the only to host A&D.

So. Are there many servers in LW who host EXP? If so, are there many players who play in them? Is EXP well excepted and d/l with LW players? Please let me know everyones feedback. I have spent a lot of time promoting EXP and have a good following now. Is there another way to promote it for DF2 that I havent thought of?

Whew.....lol...that ended up a lot longer message than I wanted too....

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/
Old 08-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
hehe finally got to the end.

i dont think it is hosted much really, real big shame. more hosts = more people playing with it.

i dont see a reason not to use EXP apart from if u didnt know what it was. which is the other point u added.

i dunno how many DFLW cd's were sold but i know in total the DF series has sold a frikkin lot lol, i think a million or somehting for every df game added together. but only a small percentage IMO are actually hard core fans - meaning they visit all the websites etc.

in most cases a person will see some news posted on a website such as dfhq ( ) and that is the only time they will be aware of it.

then you get even less people in squads, if the squad is not interested in the EXP then it is unlikely that any members will play it.

unless you are part of the hardcore you will basically not know enough about it to realise what it is.

for it to be a total hit, Terranova need to have info on EVERY major DF website. how many people know their website?? how many people know where to find their support forum??

DFArena planned a large website many months a go now which was going to be the home of TN but nothing has ever happened. that is somethign they need IMHO.

i love the work they do and missed my chance to make some maps for the EXP:LW release cause i was too lazy. it really is a great achievement especially the df2 items for dflw. and how many people know about that do u think?? not nearly as many as there should.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:24 PM
STEALTH is offline STEALTH

I thought EXP 4 DFLW was very kewl. But I soon got tired of seeing people tryin to get in my games and failed when I hosted. More times then Not it makes for an empty/slim server. Even when u have EXP clearly in the game info.
Really too bad thou, a good amout of Nice EXP maps where made and really didn't even come close to being played like maps with stock terrains.

Also I do think some people will not or did not bother with EXP because it was not an official update/upgrade from NovaLogic.

There is a good handful of DF Users that would be glad to donate their hard efforts to NovaLogic for a DF game to have an Official NovaLogic EXP Pack.
But then again, I could be wrong.

Last edited by STEALTH; 08-20-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:01 PM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

hey all, yes i went through the same stage of people not joining or booted cause they didnt have the download. but strangely enough when i talked 2 some people about it most of them asked if they could turn it on through their settings.
other replies were, there's nothing in the manual book about it so why have it?? but when i explained 2 them that they can play on all maps they're usually off 2 this site 2 do the download

ps: maybe novalogic should include a new section in their manual books explaining things like EXP, that way people will know what its all about . [ just a thought ]
Old 08-17-2002, 05:55 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
Novalogic won't let anyone except its staff produce anything official or supported in anyway, this came to light with the fact that many many people have offered to make anti-cheat patches, all of which have been turned down or ignored.

I thought I knew most of the web sites like the EXP ones and stuff, but for the life of me I can't remember the Terra Nova web site, I'm gonna check that out in a minute cos its annoying me.

I've had the EXP patch on my PC for a while now, but don't have the connction to host, and haven't seen alot of EXP games up on LW to play.

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 08-17-2002, 06:37 AM
(Old)
Unregistered

www.terranova-exp.com
Old 08-17-2002, 07:36 AM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

re: 2 popularity of exp in lw

what a shame, i know when i 1st started playing how frustrating it was 2 b in some1's room having great time & then along came an exp map & i'd get a message saying text error & systems dump.[quote me if i'm wrong].

of course not knowing what this was until i joined here i was scratching my head doing reinstall after reinstall thinking it was the game & ready 2 throw the computer 2 the **** house!! only last week i sent 3 people 2 this site 2 get the download [mind u i got my ass shot 2 bits trying 2 explain exp 2 these people, but hey i hope iv'e helped them out]
Old 08-17-2002, 08:08 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
cheers BlackBelt, was searching for abit and couldn't find it

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 08-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

sorry, i would have posted the link, but it kinda proved my point :/
Old 08-20-2002, 09:03 AM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
eek LW EXP

I agree with the above. EXP added some great landscapes and some great play, especially in coop. Seems to be the fault of Nova for not allowing support for add-ons like other great games. I have mentioned this before that a majority of games are supported on gamespy with all kinds of downloads. map add-ons, conversions etc and are accepted by all and played by all who play Medal of Honor, etc. Nova should link withg gamespy to provide wider game play for the DF series and this would open the game to humdreds, thousands more players who would then produce tons of more maps. Besides EXP add-on you also have a great Vietnam series by 666th.com. One damn hard map team.
I serve for both LW and TFD ( now that there is coop) and within LW EXP once in a blue moon a player gets in without being punted for not having the EXP add-on. Come on Nova put the DF series out to gamespy and get the audience it deserves.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:08 PM
chief*ADFP* is offline chief*ADFP*
Hellfighter

Send a message via ICQ to chief*ADFP*
i my self i love exp for all of df-serials had no trouple with them at all they even got a new patch out for the last
exp-DFLW to make it work even better think it had to do with a terrain that was in it not that good i be hading DF1/2/Lw exp to my url for all to get in 2-3week from now
do got to say EXP files are a bet big in size download program is a good tool to use DAP5 sample other resume option is good for it.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:10 PM
chief*ADFP* is offline chief*ADFP*
Hellfighter

Send a message via ICQ to chief*ADFP*
sorry mess-type Not "i be hading" should have type "be adden it in"
Old 08-20-2002, 08:15 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by STEALTH

I thought EXP 4 DFLW was very kewl. But I soon got tired of seeing people tryin to get in my games and failed when I hosted. More times then Not it makes for an empty/slim server. Even when u have EXP clearly in the game info.
Really too bad thou, a good amout of Nice EXP maps where made and really didn't even come close to being played like maps with stock terrains.

Also I do think some people will not or did not bother with EXP because it was not an official update/upgrade from NovaLogic.

There is a good handful of DF Users that would be glad to donate their hard efforts to NovaLogic for a DF game to have an Official NovaLogic EXP Pack.
But then again, I could be wrong.
Font's making me blind, Stealthy!!!!!!!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 08-21-2002, 02:53 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by chief{ADF}
sorry mess-type Not "i be hading" should have type "be adden it in"
hiho, there is an edit button on the right u can use sure saved me a few times

@ dog, highlight the text, it's easier to read
Old 09-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

Thanks y'all for the feedback. Im just gonna keep hosting them in DF2. Ive got a pretty good following now. Since this post I've made 4 more A&D maps. My total now is 26. Thinking about taking the game to S&D.

Happy Trails all.

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/