Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Bush? (chearleader) 21 58.33%
Kerry (warvet) 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Premise: Mid Last year a global survey was done on thoughts and opinions on the united states in a whole stack of different countires as part of the show What the world thinks of america these polls were legitimate and done by professionals in each country, the show was televides all around the world countries polled include Canada, England, Australia, S Korea, France, Isreal and so on, ill post some results for you to digest, this gives you a view of what the world think of america, note that i do not necessarily agree with any or all of these statements.

Who is more dangerous...
America or Korea?
average shows that America and Korea are percieved to be equally as dangerous as each other.

Who is more dangerous, America or China?
America was considered more dangerous than China.

[/i]America or Russia?[/i]
America was perceived to be more dangerous than Russia.

America or Iran?
it was America that was considered more dangerous compared to Iran

America or Syria?
Most countries percieved the USA to be more dangerous than Syria

Does America's superior military power make the world a safer place, a more dangerous place or does it make no difference?
On average, the USA's superior military power was percieved to make the world a more dangerous place to live

"America is a force for good in the world." (Strongly Agree | Slightly Agree | Slightly Disagree | Strongly Disagree)
average here was an unfavourable majority

"America is reaping the thorns planted by its rulers in the world." (Strongly Agree | Slightly Agree | Slightly Disagree | Strongly Disagree)
Agreed by all countries, except the USA

Q. Do you think that America was right or wrong to invade Iraq?
Majority opinion says the USA was wrong

Individually as people you did quite well, 47% said americans were friendly, american movies scored a 36% majority
Old 08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

American movies are the best movies around!! hehe (well besides some heh)

My photography website

Old 08-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
Admittedly, tasers are very effective. There haven't been many cases of people resisting them, but it is possible. It's biggest flaw, however, is definately that it can be tricky to score a hit with, and it only gets one shot. One very promising nonlethal they're working with is the pain ray. I can't remember exactly how it works, something to do with electricity, but it basically projects a general sensation of pain (burning, to be specific) over a wide area. Non-lethals definately have a future, but most of them aren't very practical at the present.

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

theres pepperball, effectively paintball with pepper instead of paint/wax, ironically devised here in Australia, its veryeffective.

Airsoft could easily be turned into a Less lethal weapon, just change to harder bb's...
Old 08-20-2004, 07:00 PM

Pepperball is one of those things that won't work on the high, drunk, etc., who really aren't in touch with their senses. My personal favorite non-lethal is bean bag shotgun rounds. Once again, not any good for the drunk or high, but they're great for sober people, and they're easily deployed. You can use them in a normal shotgun, so if things turn bad, you can just switch em out for normal rounds.

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-20-2004, 07:38 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

Lets not attack members personally...

Last edited by Lakie; 08-21-2004 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:15 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused

Is ZZA selling rats bottoms now???? Is there no end to the man's talents????

Regards
Old 08-21-2004, 03:37 AM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
Admittedly, tasers are very effective. There haven't been many cases of people resisting them, but it is possible. It's biggest flaw, however, is definately that it can be tricky to score a hit with, and it only gets one shot. One very promising nonlethal they're working with is the pain ray. I can't remember exactly how it works, something to do with electricity, but it basically projects a general sensation of pain (burning, to be specific) over a wide area. Non-lethals definately have a future, but most of them aren't very practical at the present.
In what way? Besides a failing teaser or failing stungun?

And no you can't mention superman.

Your muscels reacts to currents, it doesnt matter if your drunk or not, they still reacts to current (electricity). Beeing strong is to your disadvantage. Although it doesnt really matter. Even a man who's paraliced from the neck down reacts to electrisity. There have even been tests and products to make paraliced people move using external electricity, problem is that its very hard to control.

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 08-21-2004 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:01 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

heres a stat 4 yea. every year 2,000,000 people are murdered by governments and most started with gun restriction laws. "to disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."George Manson and BB Mike i wasnt trying to attack anybody. I was just having a little fun with the frase Rat's Ass.Sorry you took it another way.

Last edited by KU43; 08-21-2004 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:24 AM
-1PARA-

Well theres allways opositions in the begining but it usually works out great in the end. UN is very good at doing this

My photography website

Old 08-21-2004, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA*
In what way? Besides a failing teaser or failing stungun?

And no you can't mention superman.

Your muscels reacts to currents, it doesnt matter if your drunk or not, they still reacts to current (electricity). Beeing strong is to your disadvantage. Although it doesnt really matter. Even a man who's paraliced from the neck down reacts to electrisity. There have even been tests and products to make paraliced people move using external electricity, problem is that its very hard to control.
With the taser, it's not those who resist the current(there are none), it's those that manage to get back up afterwards. Altogether, the best nonlethal is probably a baton to the back of the head, but people always get mad when the cops use those.

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-21-2004, 11:16 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
There are a lot of misconceptions flying about here.
First one I think is that people like me who criticise in some way hate America which is simply not the case. I know an awful lot of Americans and to a man they are all just great people. I dont think I would like to live there because it is so dangerous, and it is dangerous. The country is hated by the majority of the world and there seem to be a lot of nutcases with arms over there, hence all the gun deaths.
Doesnt mean that I dont have deep respect and desire to be friendly with America though.

The other misconception is that the rest of the world is impressed with raw power.
America is the least free nation in the western world. Your government censors the national news more than any other English speaking nation on earth. You Government is insisting that all software produced in the states had Govenrment security software in it (george bush wants a nationwide firewall).
The American people are caring, compassionate, intelligent creative and funny generaly.
The fact that the USA is the most powerful nation on earth and as such American citizines should be proud of their country.
Don't make the mistake that anyone else is impressed with it or in awe.
You can fit Great Britain into Texas at least ten times, we are that small.
Teeny Tiny Tiddly.
Insignificant?
Second wealthiest nation on earth (next to the US), militarily as skilled as any Army on Gods green earth, a veto in the Security Council and UN and NATO.

God does indeed Bless America but he Blesses us too.
We love the US dearly.
We dont look to you as a guiding light for all that is good, because in fact we do pretty bloody well anyway.

EDIT// My grammer is dieing out as I age. Apologies to people who like their reading to be smooth.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:36 PM
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
With the taser, it's not those who resist the current(there are none), it's those that manage to get back up afterwards. Altogether, the best nonlethal is probably a baton to the back of the head, but people always get mad when the cops use those.
Well thats obvious, thats what its there for, none leathel, if you're injured so much that you start to bleed its no longer classified as none leathel weapons. Also in most cases (unless you have a crappy battery that doesnt last more then 2 sec) the person becomes very tired, out of any energy to fight. But yes in that case a person who is a bit stronger might have more energy and still be able to fight, but what does drunk have to do with this?

The weapon in it self isnt a flaw or crappy, it can take down a person very quicky, and it doesnt fail as a weapon unless its handeled uncorrectly.

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 08-21-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:45 PM
xergame is offline xergame

FCUk bush and kerry. VOTE for ME !!!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

BB Mike Iv'e been doing a little cheaking on Australia's crime and here is what I've learned. Your government , in July, has now baned swords saying too many people are being hacked to death. Your country has had your worst serial killing with 10 people tortured to death. That thousands of Chinese made handguns are being flyed illegaly into Australia and sold on the streets. But the one that realy got me your government has authorized your army the right to shoot Australia citizens. 57 million people can't be wrong, gun control leads to genocide.and ZZA THE MISCONCEPTION goes both ways. I'm not in any danger living here in the USA. I live in Arizona which has very few gun laws and out of respect or fear our crime rate is low. California now that is a different story, most guns are baned, the ones that arn't are registered 1]with the state 2]with the county 3]with the city the resolts being L. A. is now the murder capital of America. In Fresno the police stand guard on street with M-5 machine guns. And some streets they stay away from because they are out gunned You can take a map of America and color high crime rate areas blue then all the places with gun laws yellow .What you get is a green map.

Last edited by KU43; 08-21-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:19 AM
-1PARA-

You make me laugh.

My photography website

Old 08-22-2004, 05:19 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

You know as I read the various posts on this subject I wonder if any of us as individuals would do any different if we were the elected representatives of our country, which ever country it may be?

Most of the politicians in the western world come form comfortable middle class backgrounds and can afford the financial cost of going into politics but between running for President, Prime Minister or what ever, and actually getting into power to do the job, there must be a world of difference.

All of them promise to make our lives better and solve all our problems and none of them can deliver on it because of the complexities of the problems involved. What may impress and make one group happy will surely offend and alienate another group and as with all things in politics, we usually end up with a compromise of some kind which either fails to deliver on said promises or delivers on them at the cost of some thing else.

What ever we may think of Bush, Kerry, Blair or Howard they are just as human as the rest of us and as a result are just as capable of getting things wrong as the rest of us. They too are just as capable of giving into anger, stupidity, wisdom etc as the rest of us but in doing so they carry a much heavier burden than the rest of us, especially when you consider their decisions may lead to, (and often sadly do), the deaths of other human beings through acts of war or miscalculation.

What would we do in their shoes? Make perfect decisions all the time? No mistakes? Always under all circumstances tell the truth no matter how damaging it may be to do so? Would we be surrounded by the same advisers but in our case would those advisers never get anything wrong as they often do? If we led our country into a conflict based on the same information they had what would we do when we found out our people had got it wrong? Put our hands up and admit guilt and resign?

No one forces these people into politics, they choose to do it for what ever reason be it, power, glory, the need to improve the lot of their nation or for a million other reasons who knows? The fact remains they do choose to do it and some times they do it well and some times they do it badly but would we really do it any better?

Regards
Old 08-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

KU43: Swords are just like guns, if you have a reaosn for owning them your welcome to have them (martial arts, collector, heirloom, freemason, religion)

Im not sure where you got the info but swords arent a federal issue (is state) so it may not have any bearing on me personally what so ever, you also have to be careful with our media, the federal govt may have restricted importation, theres a difference between that and banning, even if the media dont think so...

I assume by serial killing you bean the bodies in the barrels case (saw some in court BTW) yes sure we have idiots that like to kill people but guess what, we make it harder for them because they cant just pick up a gun off the street and shoot someone.

Baddog: Point taken although its worth mentioning that somewhat ironically these arent the people that are responsible for the decisions the the minister (or secreatrys if your in the US) are ultimatley responsible. The leader is more a figure head and is protected...

I would also (and i think from your posts that you would to) admit to mistakes and move on or if very serious resign from the office of the PM... The 2 politicians who have said "sorry, i stuffed up" have actuaslly won elections partly because of it, people like honest politicians
Old 08-22-2004, 10:30 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

I must be misinformed. Tell me it ain't so! Australia's government is now banning crowbars. Come on BB, You have got to be getting a little worried. I dont know of any government, in the history of man that hasn't gotten power hungry. It's going on here too. It just hasn't gotten that far yet.Besides the gonernments of this world arn't running the show any more.It's the bankers that every country owes trillions too.The US Treasury prints a sheet of $100.00 bills.The paper and ink cost $62.00. They are sold to the federal reserve bank, which has nothing to do with federal,for $62.00. They turn around and loan them to our government for full face value. When I get the cheak back I've paid taxes with it's not cashed by the US. on the back it says "PAID TO THE FED. RESERVE BANK FOR MONEY OWED.and its like that all over the globe. Intrest only started about 300 years ago.Before that men who tryed it were jailed. Thomas Jefferson was more afraid of the banks than a standing army.The banks have destroyed more peoples lifes than wars. You try to buy a house for 60 grand to pay it off the bank gets 1/2 a mil.Thats a crime only topped by murder.But even murder doese'nt throw an old man or woman out in the street to starve from a house they worked their whole life for. 25 years ago durn the repression here we had whole towns fenced off, houses empty from banks forclosing The Trilateral Comission, Rothchilds,Club Rome,Duponts,Rockerfellers.and the rest they own this world.If you think you own anything try not paying taxes on it and see who ownes it. and when you die they will be there too because you made them the third party when you and your wife signed their marrage license 'give me control of a nations money and i care not who makes the laws"A rothchild blood sucker oh i almost for got how do you load and fire a sword?

Last edited by KU43; 08-22-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:40 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

I assume by serial killing you bean the bodies in the barrels case (saw some in court BTW) yes sure we have idiots that like to kill people but guess what, we make it harder for them because they cant just pick up a gun off the street and shoot someone.
NO BB your government is making it eazy for them