Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:42 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain Calls for Hamas to dis-arm?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ion/index.html

Can anyone see's these people putting down their weapons for any reason?????

Regards a very skeptical Baddog
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i really cant see them disarming....

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...499259,00.html

Quote:
Gun Battle After Vote
Updated: 14:23, Friday January 27, 2006

Hamas and Fatah gunmen have exchanged fire in the Gaza Strip in the first such battle since the Islamic militant group crushed the long-dominant Palestinian faction in a parliamentary election.

At least two people were wounded in the clash near the city of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

Witnesses said the incident arose because of the feud over the election results.

Hamas has announced it will hold talks in a few days with the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas over a "political partnership".

The militant group shocked opponents and supporters alike by taking 76 seats, trouncing the 43 retained by Abbas's Fatah party.

A leader of the militant Islamic group, Ismail Haniyeh, announced the initiative to meet the President.

"I telephoned President Abbas and we agreed to hold a meeting as soon as he arrives in Gaza, in about two days' time," said Mr Haniyeh.

After the results of Wednesday's vote, Hamas called for immediate talks among factions to discuss formation of a new government.

But Fatah leaders said they wanted no part in such a coalition.

President Abbas has stressed that any government would have to follow his own programme to negotiate with Israel for Palestinian statehood.

Hamas's charter calls for the destruction of the Jewish state and the group has carried out nearly 60 suicide bombings in Israel since the start of a Palestinian uprising in 2000.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:34 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

This doesn't surprise me at all BB bro, Hamas wants Israel destroyed and this gun battle is just the beginning of yet more conflict in the Mid-East!

Warm regards
Old 01-27-2006, 08:38 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
This doesn't surprise me at all BB bro, Hamas wants Israel destroyed and this gun battle is just the beginning of yet more conflict in the Mid-East!

Warm regards
the main problem will be that the hamas gunmen will be that used to what they are doing, they wont know whats called for and whats not, the politicans will have a hard time trying to put down whats right and whats wrong, i just dont like were this is going, its like giving the IRA full control of N.I.. its stupid

no doubt in a month or 2, there will be a "war" declared by hamas on israel since they think they have the right to do it since they arein government now..
Old 01-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

these people have ben in eachothers throats for thousands of years no way they just going to disarm because some1 wants them too.
these sombiches think that if ya aint like them then you are an infadale and should be distroyed, and they belive it so much that they brainwarsh their kids from birth to the extent that it becomes a part of their personality to hat every1 that aint like them.
for them to disarm and stop being murders would be like some1 telling me or you to stop practicing our religion or something, itll never happen.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:26 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

You'll find it interesting that when faced with the decision ultra rightwinged religious parties have been known to make more progress towards peace than ultra libral and centerist parties. E.g. Lukid of Israel and BJP of India.

I hope now that BiBi grows some little gray cells and decides to continue the peace process.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1

Last edited by DevilDog#1; 01-27-2006 at 06:36 PM.