Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:52 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek North Korea's Nuke Gamble?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...uke/index.html

This could be a disturbing turn of events if North Korea attempts a nuclear test or is it all one big bluff?

Regards
Old 05-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Scary stuff, no really
-Tecceh2
Old 05-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will N-Korea do it they only make their near by country's tick-off at them and maybe it will start a war with China and Japan on the same side Vs N-Korea.

these two country's are getting better with each other and N-Korea is still in the stone age.

N-Korea is going to fall sooner or later. communist fall in Russians do to lost of income flow into their government.

Quote:
Last week, President Bush said the six-party talks are the best way to solve the dispute with Kim.

"There is concern about his capacity to deliver a nuclear weapon. We don't know if he can or not, but I think it's best, when you're dealing with a Tyrant like Kim Jong II, to assume he can," Bush said. "That's why I've decided that the best way to deal with this diplomatically is to bring more leverage to the situation by including other countries."
why do he has to keep inflaming the jerk calling him a tyrant? he should call him a leech blood sucker.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 05-07-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:06 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
They are being watched very carefully.

I don't think they'd get a chance to use it. NTM they are ages behind the Democratic world's powers.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:21 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Confused

It could of course be a way of trying to pressurise the free world into making concessions as North Korea is in such a parlace state economically and has no food production to speak of due to their over commitment in defence spending.

I doubt that theie neighbours ib China would be to happy to see them join the "nuclear club".

Regards
Old 05-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
real or a joke? the USA with S-Korea are planing on Attacking N-Korea in Jun/12 with support of China, Japan, S-Korea; air and sea to use.
(posted by Chief ADFP)

i sure hope not bro cuz i don't want to go there our military is not trained right now to fight in jungle. it would be another vietnam because it would have to be ground attack like before. u can't attack a jungle from the air effectivly. u have to send in the troops to clear out each area. i wasn't afraid when i was fightin in iraq but i know i will be really afraid if i have to fight a jungle war.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 05-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Chief ADFP

N-Korea don't have Jungle terrain at all, there terrain is more like step hills and woodland. i was station in DMZ-Korea we train for combat over there it a skip over no joke.

clue 1/9Inf 2 ID DMZ-Korea for whole freaking year inside the DMZ zone. "No man land" i was station there as a Foot Infantry.

Quote:
i sure hope not bro cuz i don't want to go there our military is not trained right now to fight in jungle. it would be another Vietnam because it would have to be ground attack like before. u can't attack a jungle from the air effectively. u have to send in the troops to clear out each area. i wasn't afraid when i was fighting in Iraq but i know i will be really afraid if i have to fight a jungle war.
===========================================
it not even bushy at all, plant life tree about 10-20ft apart, only the Rice-paddies if you can get by the smell of them then you be ok. they use Human waste in the rice fields paddies. it really bad so bad you be running to get out of the area. it something one has to get use to, it worst then a skunk can ever be, in the summer it really bad, winter time no smell but have to lookout for thin ice on the field one may drop 2-5ft deep. winter time dry-cold snow all over the place some times can't see the road snow blind real easy.
===========================================
in Germany their wood land and Korea is about the same same for the hills too. N-Korea has higher hills, but no one go up them they been taken by holy land marks. they don't have much in line of farm lands were south Korea has it all.

it not even swamp land at all. will if you take in the Rice Paddies then maybe.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 05-08-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:46 PM
"ath-hole"

I doubt we're going to invade korea...if anyone does it should be China or South Korea.

My friend is in South Korea
Old 05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Chief ADFP

be funny the Chinese and the USA join together to battle N-Korea. after make them S-Korea & N-Korea be come one country R-Korea
Old 05-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

i wouldnt be suprisedif they did have the capability, but im 99% sure they would only use if if they were invaded, i dont think that the Nth Korean command is that stupid to use it against someone as a first strike.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I think your most porbably right there Mike but as North Korea has some major internal problems or so we are told, I suppose there is always an outside chance that they may provoke an incident.

Let's just pray it never happens.

Warm Regards
Old 05-09-2005, 08:21 AM
"ath-hole"

Also, it is possible they could try and sell their technology to terrorists.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:53 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek

Now that is a bone chilling thought Atholon !!!! God help us all if they ever do!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-09-2005, 11:09 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

It would be stupid to open YET another front. But nothing seems to amaze me after the elections ...

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I doubt we'd invade North Korea. Our last two incursions to Asia weren't too popular. Plus, with China having their fingers in the pie over there, that's not a good situation.

I think the South Koreans should smack some sense into the people that want unification and be content to grow. It's turning into a Germany situation. One side is extremely successful, while the other is poverty stricken. The successful side doesn't want this huge influx of people because it'll wash away everything they worked for. They only have 3 of the biggest car manufacturers in the world there...Kia, Hyundai, and Daewoo. Daewoo makes more than just cars too. It's Japan all over again...
Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Chief ADFP

update:
By DONALD MACINTYRE
Monday, May 9, 2005 Posted: 1:14 PM EDT (1714 GMT)

In the late 1990s, U.S. spy satellites crisscrossing North Korea picked up alarming evidence that suggested the rogue regime might be excavating a secret underground nuclear test facility.

North Korea agreed to allow U.S. officials to visit the site--after Washington ponied up some extra food aid--but when the inspectors arrived, all they found was an empty hole.

With that incident in mind, U.S. officials last week cast a skeptical eye on new satellite images of the North Koreans hard at work on another big dig. Traffic around the mouth of a tunnel has intensified recently, and heavy equipment has been spotted hauling materials, possibly including cement, into the hole, according to a U.S. official briefed on the latest intelligence.

That could mean technicians are plugging the shaft to conduct an underground test. Or not. "Could the activity at the tunnel be consistent with a nuclear test?" asks the official. "Yes. Are there other potential explanations?

Yes." Given North Korea's track record of bluff and brinksmanship, "it is very possible they are pretending it is a test," says Choi Jin Wook, an expert on North Korea at Seoul's Korea Institute for National Unification.

The U.S. believes North Korea could have as many as eight nukes. And although testing one would mark Pyongyang's unequivocal entry into the world's exclusive club of proven nuclear powers, North Korea watchers say the potential fallout with its ally China could stay Pyongyang's hand.

But President Bush isn't taking any chances. He urged China's President Hu Jintao last week to rein in his irksome neighbor.

And in case Kim Jong II doesn't get the message, the U.S. is rotating Stealth bombers and fighter jets through Guam, where they are within striking distance of North Korea.

With reporting by Elaine Shannon

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/....tm/index.html
Old 05-09-2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
It would be stupid to open YET another front. But nothing seems to amaze me after the elections ...

Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Chief ADFP

hell DevilDog#1
didn't you know we going to war with every one,

Hell we may go to war with germany to get a cheap feel of winning a war again j/k

we should have finish N-Korea when we had the chance to do it before, the jerks stop it. we could have taken them long all go. today there would have been one Korea instead of 2 partys.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:07 PM

I do not agree with sending more young people over there to rattle another hornet's nest. You don't wanna screw with Chinese in their backyard. Lesson learned from Vietnam...

Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Too true...

I say, let's protect what we're already protecting, no more, no less.