Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 06-20-2004, 12:57 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Hexed names w/JO

Hey guys,

I need a big favor, if everyone could take one minute and could stop by the nova forums and post here if you want to be able to use hexed names in Joint ops. SuperTex FX started a thread in nova about them making a change. Maybe is we get enough to reply they will do something

https://www.novaworld.com/NWCommunit...&get=last#last

Thanks guys
HT
Old 06-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
sry but they have stated their reasons for changing their policy and they are not going to change it back.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 PM

where did you see the reasons, i never realy saw it. Unless it was about the "its too much trouble to ban hexed names"
Old 06-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Bravo-DW- is offline Bravo-DW-

Send a message via ICQ to Bravo-DW- Send a message via AIM to Bravo-DW- Send a message via Yahoo to Bravo-DW-
Novalogic i heard was thinkin about banning the bypass too i dont think posting about hexed names is gonna help what so ever
----------------------------------
AIM: Bravo DW
MSN: bravodw@hotmail.com
YIM: bravodw@yahoo.com
XFire: bravodw

-----------------------------------
DF2: Solo
DF:BHD: ¤ÐW¤
JO:TR: ¤ÐW¤
Old 06-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Our NovaWorld Player Naming Policy has changed!
Effective September 22nd, 2003, all new NovaWorld Players created will need to adhere to our new NovaWorld Player Naming Policy. Current players can only be renamed to names that adhere to our new NovaWorld Player Naming Policy. There will be a 3 month transfusion period, during which time both valid and invalid player names will be allowed to play along side each other. On Tuesday, Jan 6th, 2004, all player names that violate the new NovaWorld Player Naming Policy will be renamed automatically by our systems to names that do not violate the new naming policy.

Player names will only be allowed to contain the standard upper and lower case alphabet characters (26 characters, a-z, A-Z), the numeric characters (0 to 9), periods (.), dashes (-), and spaces ( ). Spaces are not observed at the beginning and the end of the name, and multiple spaces inside the name will be converted to a single space character. The name must begin with an alpha or numeric character (a-z, A-Z, or 0-9), and must contain as many or more alphanumeric characters as symbols.

NovaWorld has been configured to help you convert your existing players (associated with your NovaWorld account) from their current name (which may or may not violate this new naming policy) to a name that does not violate this naming policy. We encourage you to rename any player you have that violates the naming convention soon so that you can obtain the best names available. Once a name has been taken by somebody else it is unavailable to you. Names that violate this naming policy by Tues, Jan 6th, 2004 will be renamed to a name that does not violate the naming policy. Renaming your player does not remove any stats you may have accrued by that player.

sorry i don't think they will ever change it at all.
Link: https://www.novaworld.com/NWCommunit...ofuse.aspx#PNP

It help them to read the name of players better and lease mix-up on who cheated and it show much easier to lookup good players name to see their stats you wish to find.
Samples below: all Arial stander font (Windows Xp & Pro)
good points: Hotcat -Pts-
bad point: ňŐţςλ۳ -₧-
really bad to read: ЊЇ€∂ﺡ -ףּ┴ی-
as you can see it is really a headache, a lot of cheaters use the hex and nova got really sick on not able to lookup there name so they made it simple.

like you to see how to spell it up and lookup the player name and hope you spell it up right, even make a report on who breaking rule in the playing field.

I for one really hope it stays for good.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-20-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:18 PM
BlimpQuick is offline BlimpQuick

Hexed was not something I want. It makes the name look different. Just use regular text. This may look cool §†äïñ
But this is easier to read, and Personally , it makes the word seem cooler (Lol My brain is messed up today) StaiN

BlimpQuick AkA AntiCheatMan
Old 06-20-2004, 05:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Bravo-DW- Send a message via AIM to Bravo-DW- Send a message via Yahoo to Bravo-DW-
either way Nova will not allow hexed names in login they dont seem to quick to change anything and they are stubburn about theyre polcies

Old 06-20-2004, 06:13 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

squeek !

One of the reasons nova gave, was that there new forum could not use hexed names.

Old 06-20-2004, 06:22 PM

they will think of anything to hold up theyre polcies

Old 06-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by xBravox
they will think of anything to hold up theyre polcies
no it take them do a update on it 4yrs then they do another update on their rules. it you can bit on it.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
We don't care if they reverse their position or not...the thing is, if they dont want to have to deal with hexed names, then they shouldn't try and regulate the public games.

Don't force us to login in order to host a public game. And don't force us to login to play in public servers. Either that, or re-instate ALL ASCII chars.

Our tags are our flags...how easily will you abandon yours?

And yes...they will change their policy on it - IF we as the community that supports them and their livelyhood present a strong enough voice in the matter.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:17 AM

nova could make there own name editor and only allow letters to be hexed no funcky crazy lines for a name. There are many ways around it.

Please if you support this issue reply to the link in the first post. every little bit helps
Old 06-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Chief ADFP

i saying they will not change it at all or reverse the ruling on using "Name Character hex's" never will happen. it there for good there a limited on them for a good reason and going to stay that way for life if you don't like it go play another game, play it as you like. and Nova done said we are sorry you feel that way, but it going to stay. you can always go out and buy another game if it make you happy then do it. for the most part we the community who have use the novaworld.com site already taken it in and love it, so get use to it and grow-up some.

cold hard fact of life: it their software totally you only pay to use it and play online with the service to play online is totally free on their terms and on their rules for game play and use of Character hex's in their software they own it not you, all so removing the bypass option to log-in is way cool keep out warez sharing software owner's out and keep in the real owners of them game in.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-21-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:31 AM

Since you play on the nova server only, you might not know that 70% or more of the people that played bhd/ts bypassed login. If that 70% were gone the game would bomb and nova would have to do something real fast.

If there was a bypass and you wanted nova to change it. You would do the same thing. BTW dont actlike like you have never posted about something you didn't like.

If you want to know why nova is not a major contender in the gaming community, Why Ut2004, BF1942/veitnam, halflife doom, are better selling games, Why JO didnot win a singal award at E3 and all those other games did. Just re-read the bottom of your post Cheif
Quote:
cold hard fact of life: it their software totally you only pay to use it and play online with the service to play online is totally free on their terms and on their rules for game play and use of Character hex's in their software they own it not you, all so removing the bypass option to log-in is way cool keep out warez sharing software owner's out and keep in the real owners of them game in.
and ut2004, farcry, painkiller, AA, BF, CoD, are all free to play on and there are all ready working CD hack for Jo that work. And no i did not use them, i got my copy of JO free from Novalogic themselves for beta testing JO.

Since i am not bashing you, then why start with the name calling, You are the reason people start flaming each other in post. Maybe you need to open your eye's and do a little growing up yourself, name calling only makes you look immature.

BTW
supprize, supprize, Nova locked the thread and swepted it under the rug with out a reply
Old 06-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Chief ADFP

Wink

there was no name bashing as you stated it is hard cold fact plain and hard. will nova is making JO and they are footing the bill for it. why would they not update items and remove items in it thats mean the option in it too. its their software if you don't like it move on to another game.

By the way i do own BF: 1942 (PB) guy and they make all have to log-in to play it there is no bypass link to click-on (game-spy.com, crap don't like them to much)

i don't hate the ID it was nice when it lasted, but i really think the Hex name's is gone for good & if they do remove the bypass link thats fine with me. i always log-in knowing i be playing with really good players in all of the host server in there. don't log-in you be asking to think? hey is guy doing something funny or any other things to think of. i don't need to think it all. i'll be feeling really good knowing i am playing with other member who log-in who have not been banned for some reason's at all. playing side by side with 100% Novalogic.inc DF: fan totally

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-21-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
no offense cheif...but I think that is the worst english I've ever read from someone who posts as much as you do.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

irrelevant
you would'nt post that if you didnt want to offend tbh.
you want a new forum rule that says if you dont have perfect english you cannot post?? lol
Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by HonkyTonkFX
Since you play on the nova server only, you might not know that 70% or more of the people that played bhd/ts bypassed login. If that 70% were gone the game would bomb and nova would have to do something real fast.
bypass because there is a choice. if log in is compulsory then everyone would log in not simply stop playing the game lol. you honestly believe that 70% of players would stop playing the game because of a simple log in?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by HonkyTonkFX
supprize, supprize, Nova locked the thread and swepted it under the rug with out a reply
they have nothing new to say about it. everything they did have to say about this issue was said last year, nothing has changed and nothing will.

i'm sorry but this is realistic. it has taken them 6 years to do something about the single biggest problem/complaint their games have had - cheaters. reinstating hexed names isn't even at the back of their mind yet.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
bypass because there is a choice. if log in is compulsory then everyone would log in not simply stop playing the game lol. you honestly believe that 70% of players would stop playing the game because of a simple log in?
no i think 70% wont but there will be a small % that do, and not just the hackers and Cheaters

and it is in the back of there minds now, we are just trying to get it to the front. They can make a editor after login, and control the faunts used