Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:43 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Confused DFBHD LAN play, Help..

Hi everyone, I need help with BHD LAN play this time:

I have 2 PCs, one with Windows XP, the other with Windows 7, connected to an ADSL 1Mega cable modem, one via cable Ethernet, the other with cable USB. Both pcs have DFBHD with NOcd patch and same files and maps.
But when I create a LAN match in one pc, the match doesn't appear in the other pc when I clic the 'Search' button, and I can't play de ninguna forma..

What I have to do? I have to configure something?
Can someone give me some of help? because i'm not an experto in that tema of network connections..
Old 06-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Luis is offline Luis
N' gatz we truz

Try to use BHD Pinger 6.0
Or you need to open ports in both PC..watch this video (i found it today):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbn5eJNeFpA
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
JO mod maker

the guy in the video has a hauweii modem, i have another modem and don't know how to acces the NAT, it doesn't have it..
I saw also that he has the babstats multitracker for bhd but there's no link here in NovaHQ
Do yu have any link to this babstats multitracker?
Yes maybe I need to open ports in both PCs, Im going to see how to do this in my modem.
Anyway thanks Luis..
Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Cheaptrick is offline Cheaptrick

Assuming that you already port forwarded the default BHD game port UDP 17479 (or a different game port that you like to use) on both your PC firewall (ex: Norton, McAfee, etc.), router firewall (ex: Netgear, D-Link, etc.) or to some extend your gateway modem frewall (depending on your internet provider) your game server will show up on the list of game servers running.

Hence it's not showing on the other PC within your network, I can say with absolute 100% certainty that the game port is blocked &/or not port forwarded on either your PC, router or gateway modem firewalls (if you used any).

You're hosting a game server on LAN, not Novaworld so the use of a Pinger doesn't apply here. It's a different story if you're hosting it on Novaworld as Nova made it difficult to login into game servers to combat game piracy. By that, you need to use a Pinger even if the host PC is inside your network. Not only that, you need to login & logout from time to time to Novaworld2's website in order for the Pinger to be able to ping a fresh list of game servers running. Also, even if you used a Pinger you can't just double click your game server & add it. You need to manually add the internal IP &/or localhost (127.0.0.1) to play if you're hosting a game server on Novaworld inside your network.

Last edited by Cheaptrick; 06-06-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Cheaptrick is offline Cheaptrick

I don't advice for you to use Babstats Multi-Tracker but Anaconda Server Manager hence you're hosting only a very basic LAN game server minus stats uploading on remote website.

The BMT can be very buggy for a novice user to operate though it's a better server manager overall (if you're an experieced user). Keep it simple!

I forgot to add, make sure to add full access of your BHD game executable on your PC firewall program permission. On some firewalls, a popup message will show up the first time you run the game & will ask you either allow full access, outgoing only access or deny access. You can manually do this via router settings. Not doing this simple procedure will cause connection problems.

Last edited by Cheaptrick; 06-06-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

I remember a mate years ago who installed the BHD games in XP the pc's shared folders ie: he marked the folder with the game in as a shared file to the LAN work group then rebooted a couple of times
Old 06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
JO mod maker

dont worry people, I've managed to fix the problem. I've opened the port that BHD uses(17479) and it worked in both PCs, thanks anyway people.