Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

[DFX/JO MAPPING] Teleport objects, without teleport targets?

Is there a way to do this? Either by WAC or some other way? Currently, the only way I'm aware of is to use a teleport target.

Is there not some WAC script or something you can use to simply change the XYZ coordinates of the object? Why does it need to use a marker?

Teleport markers are fine, i was just trying to find a way to transport objects and re use them in other parts of the map. But you're still limited on how many markers you can place.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:00 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Is there a way to do this? Either by WAC or some other way? Currently, the only way I'm aware of is to use a teleport target.

Is there not some WAC script or something you can use to simply change the XYZ coordinates of the object? Why does it need to use a marker?

Teleport markers are fine, i was just trying to find a way to transport objects and re use them in other parts of the map. But you're still limited on how many markers you can place.
even the .wac will require a target. the target tells the game where to place the incoming object according to X/Y/Z location in the map. i have never tried moving an object multiple times in a map and cannot recall ever seeing a map do this.

interesting..

Old 11-10-2022, 03:10 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

In DFBHDTS, I tried to made a map once where the player needed to satchel an AA gun that would be in one of three possible locations. The gun was actually well outside the city and would teleport to one of the three locations at random, but no matter how I set up the randomizer, it always popped up at the same spot. I needed to tweak it more but I don't remember managing it well.

I do sometimes use teleporting to simulate things like doors and gates. The idea being like a hangar with concrete slabs blocking the opening to keep shooters from engaging from the outside, but stand in the 3D area trigger where the two slabs meet, they both teleport a three quarters of a meter from the opening, allowing you to get in, and when you do, they teleport back to the original positions, shutting behind you. I can confirm it works in DFBHDTS single player and for the host in a serve and play, but I doubt that in MP, one player opening those gates in their client would affect what other players on the server experience.

Like how in DFBHDTS, only the single player and host gets the Pavelow's hatch to open, making them suboptimal for transport in MP maps.

I can suggest this much: coordinates in NL games are in what I call MEd units, where every meter is divided into 65536 bits, so if there was .wac language for changing an item's position (which I cannot confirm, and actually doubt), you'd probably have to state the new position in raw MEd units, like teleporting 10m from map center, the XYZ would probably be "-655360 0 1212416", that last value being absolute Z of 18.5m, so that would probably only work on some terrains in DFBHDTS, where the flatter areas are usually 18.5m above absolute 0.

In DFBHDTS, there is a .wac command for making AIs face a specific heading, so I can't confirm that you can't .wac a change in position, I just don't know if you can, or how, if you can.

I've been modding NeverLogic games a long time, and I only recent learned about the RenderFOV command for the weapon.def. That one's a game-changer. So raw-coordinate teleporting in the .wac is probably not a thing, but it might be.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
In DFBHDTS, I tried to made a map once where the player needed to satchel an AA gun that would be in one of three possible locations. The gun was actually well outside the city and would teleport to one of the three locations at random, but no matter how I set up the randomizer, it always popped up at the same spot. I needed to tweak it more but I don't remember managing it well.

I do sometimes use teleporting to simulate things like doors and gates. The idea being like a hangar with concrete slabs blocking the opening to keep shooters from engaging from the outside, but stand in the 3D area trigger where the two slabs meet, they both teleport a three quarters of a meter from the opening, allowing you to get in, and when you do, they teleport back to the original positions, shutting behind you. I can confirm it works in DFBHDTS single player and for the host in a serve and play, but I doubt that in MP, one player opening those gates in their client would affect what other players on the server experience.

Like how in DFBHDTS, only the single player and host gets the Pavelow's hatch to open, making them suboptimal for transport in MP maps.

I can suggest this much: coordinates in NL games are in what I call MEd units, where every meter is divided into 65536 bits, so if there was .wac language for changing an item's position (which I cannot confirm, and actually doubt), you'd probably have to state the new position in raw MEd units, like teleporting 10m from map center, the XYZ would probably be "-655360 0 1212416", that last value being absolute Z of 18.5m, so that would probably only work on some terrains in DFBHDTS, where the flatter areas are usually 18.5m above absolute 0.

In DFBHDTS, there is a .wac command for making AIs face a specific heading, so I can't confirm that you can't .wac a change in position, I just don't know if you can, or how, if you can.

I've been modding NeverLogic games a long time, and I only recent learned about the RenderFOV command for the weapon.def. That one's a game-changer. So raw-coordinate teleporting in the .wac is probably not a thing, but it might be.
I learned about how the coordinate system works when creeping through another of your posts. Thanks for the info.

I've tried the AI heading WAC command in DFX/JO but the bot always turns back to its original heading. -_-

I found the RenderFOV by going through the game's EXE file. I'll see if I can find additional WAC commands.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post

This is off topic, but something else I've recently discovered. Maybe everyone has always known this, IDK... Maybe you could use it.

"CtrlReg" this is used in the weapon.def under the weapon actions to trigger a control register when that action is performed. This can then be used with the control registers in the SOED. So you could say, play a part animation on the gun model when the weapon is fired, or trigger the texture to do something when it recoils, switch rank, Scopeup...etc. maybe if you have something that glows on the gun, you can make it glow brighter or change color.

Example...

Code:
ACTION	"SCOPEUP"							
	DELAYSTART	1							
	DELAYEND	1							
	FUNCTION	SCOPEUP							
	SOUNDSET	GF_45_ST	
	CTRLREG		WPN_TRIGGER			
END
Now in the SOED, you would for example set the brightness of a reddot to turn up with the control register "WPN_TRIGGER". Now when the player scopes in, the model will perform the given action.

Haven't implemented this for anything yet, but it's kind of interesting. Maybe you would have some good ideas for it.