Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 05:22 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

Delta Force is no more?

I am just thinking whether the long running DF series is closed. Waited enough for 7 years since Xtreme 2 of 2009. It would have been so nice to play a new DF game because some leaked screenshots of the new DF were pretty good. I am tired making my computer boil at 100 degrees because nowadays games are just very DEMANDING! Some indies should try to make a Delta Force clone because noone made a DF clone and i think the fanbase of DF games are still good.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

No idea City. I doubt we'd see another game like the past ones but you never know. Someone might buy the rights to it..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-11-2016, 05:39 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
I am just thinking whether the long running DF series is closed. Waited enough for 7 years since Xtreme 2 of 2009. It would have been so nice to play a new DF game because some leaked screenshots of the new DF were pretty good. I am tired making my computer boil at 100 degrees because nowadays games are just very DEMANDING! Some indies should try to make a Delta Force clone because noone made a DF clone and i think the fanbase of DF games are still good.
Hi City Ace,
IMO one reason we've been waiting so long would be the difficulty involved in duplicating the capabilities needed.

Have a good think about what you can do and you'll probably see what I mean.

Imagine the power a next gen engine would consume trying to do all the things the JO/DFX Engine can do in an open world?

SOON...
Old 06-13-2016, 06:31 AM

The last two Delta Force games i.e Delta Force Xtreme & Xtreme 2 were quite dated as compared to other games of that time. Novalogic might be carefully and slowly working on a new engine. Because till today, they would have released a dozen Delta Force games if were to use the fairly dated Black Hawk engine.
There will be a big explosion in the gaming media, if Novalogic make a surprise announcement saying that ' We are working on a AAA game that will be competing Battlefield & Call of Duty this year'!!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
The last two Delta Force games i.e Delta Force Xtreme & Xtreme 2 were quite dated as compared to other games of that time. Novalogic might be carefully and slowly working on a new engine. Because till today, they would have released a dozen Delta Force games if were to use the fairly dated Black Hawk engine.
There will be a big explosion in the gaming media, if Novalogic make a surprise announcement saying that ' We are working on a AAA game that will be competing Battlefield & Call of Duty this year'!!
Outdated?
GFX?
OK Maybe but we should have a good look at the games of the time.
Let's see if we can name the Open World games that allowed you to weaponize, drive, fly, teleport, play COOP SP Flag Ball TDM AAS etc.

IMO I'd say that immersion and overall capability would be the main consideration in a shooter, not just GFX, don't you agree?

Last edited by Guest001; 06-15-2016 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-17-2016, 09:39 PM

I agree that the vast capabilities of the Black Hawk engine is far more better than recent AAA engines. You have a huge amount of freedom to make something. But the thing is that the GFX itself became very outdated. Without any appealing graphics, the title will obviously become a failure because before buying a game, customers only look gfx at the first and if they it dated, they wont buy it. The reveiws of Xtreme & Xtreme 2 are very negative and all the reveiwers critisized the GFX. So you must create a new engine if you have to compete with other AAA or at least AA shooters because nowadays even budget priced games such as Sniper Ghost Warrior and even most indies use Unity 5 & Unreal 4 which is better in gfx than Black Hawk.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 PM

Black Hawk Engine?
Quote:
Waited enough for 7 years since Xtreme 2 of 2009.
Better?
Quote:
I agree that the vast capabilities of the Black Hawk engine is far more better than recent AAA engines.
Not better?
Quote:
such as Sniper Ghost Warrior and even most indies use Unity 5 & Unreal 4 which is better in gfx than Black Hawk.
- sry
Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM

I didnt get what youve said :v
Old 06-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I didnt get what youve said :v
LOL - I was in first mate - I didn't get what you said...

That's OK but to clarify...

What is the Black Hawk Engine? I've never heard of it myself (but I get what you mean) and all the other stuff is just plain mixed up.

What game are we talking about here anyway, DFX or BHD?

Two completely different engines you see... so it might be a good idea for you to do a little more research and get a bit organized with your facts before posting... Cheers buddy.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:53 AM

Hey, wa wa wai wait! Dont ya know what is Black Hawk engine??? It is the software that is used to make the DF games.
And Isnt Xtreme 2 made from the same engine that was used in Black Hawk Down? I dont think Xtreme 2 use a different engine. It uses the same engine, just it is slightly tuned i think ;-)
Old 06-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Hey, wa wa wai wait! Dont ya know what is Black Hawk engine??? It is the software that is used to make the DF games.
And Isnt Xtreme 2 made from the same engine that was used in Black Hawk Down? I dont think Xtreme 2 use a different engine. It uses the same engine, just it is slightly tuned i think ;-)

Using that method why don't you call it the Task Force Dagger Engine?
Old 06-21-2016, 10:49 AM

I'm sure you know how a game engine is evolved and the different functions and abilities added over time.

Generally these are more than just tweaks but even so that's enough sometimes anyway.

So you can nickname it BHD or DFX2 if you like but the engine used for DFX2 is worlds apart from the version used in BHD.

Here's some brief info on the engine origins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel_Space

Quote:
Voxel Space was a voxel raster graphics rendering engine invented by Novalogic developer and vice-president of technology, Kyle Freeman. The company was issued a patent for the technology in early 2000
Old 06-22-2016, 05:18 AM

Upto Delta Force 3, Novalogic used a different kind of engine. The visuals looked like as if different pieces of square pixels are showing on the screen. But from BHD they used a different engine i.e Black Hawk Engine which is used even in Xtreme 2. Just the one used in Xtreme 2 is graphically more improved but the core engine is the Black Hawk engine means the same engine used in BHD.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:22 AM

Even if Novalogic are finding trobles making a proper engine they should have used Unreal 4 or Unity 5. They are almost priceless, and the gfx looks very competitive in the recent market. It could have been awesome! The missions and gameplay are already good, just one thing needed is a massive improvement in gfx that Unreal can give. The lightning and shading effects will bring a new kind of realism as the lightning and shaders were pretty sub standard in Xtreme 2.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Upto Delta Force 3, Novalogic used a different kind of engine. The visuals looked like as if different pieces of square pixels are showing on the screen. But from BHD they used a different engine i.e Black Hawk Engine which is used even in Xtreme 2. Just the one used in Xtreme 2 is graphically more improved but the core engine is the Black Hawk engine means the same engine used in BHD.
What?

Are you trying to prove that DFX2 is no good?

ROFL - Or is it that you're just clueless and guessing?

Your guessing because I'll tell you now, you're way off base on all points.

What is the point to remember here is that you're talking in a forum that supports NL games, not derides them.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:18 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Some good info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel_Space
Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Hawk 1 is in the ongoing process of converting everything available in the JO MED to Cryengine 2 capable editor and has come up with some very interesting stuff.

He has been working on this for about 3 years now. Including breaking down all the available dialogue scenario's.
He has several videos of his work if you can catch him in Ventrilo.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Even if Novalogic are finding trobles making a proper engine they should have used Unreal 4 or Unity 5. They are almost priceless, and the gfx looks very competitive in the recent market. It could have been awesome! The missions and gameplay are already good, just one thing needed is a massive improvement in gfx that Unreal can give. The lightning and shading effects will bring a new kind of realism as the lightning and shaders were pretty sub standard in Xtreme 2.
That's pretty amusing trying to compare different engine types like that but OK...

Try flying around the world in a Unity or Unreal game.

You'll appreciate your NL games a bit more once you try.

Last edited by Guest001; 06-23-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-23-2016, 09:40 PM

Hey, Unreal & Unity could provide such gameplay that the Black Hawk engine can. The engine can create large maps, player can get the ability to drive vehicles and helis and all, you got big explosions. So, shifting to Unreal to Unity is not much of a bad choice because it can provide the same sequences that the BHD engine can.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Hey, Unreal & Unity could provide such gameplay that the Black Hawk engine can. The engine can create large maps, player can get the ability to drive vehicles and helis and all, you got big explosions. So, shifting to Unreal to Unity is not much of a bad choice because it can provide the same sequences that the BHD engine can.
Have another look before you go off half cocked again please City.

To duplicate VS an engine would need to seamlessly wrap the entire world.

Calculating the area for flight and other interactions in that sort of environment is hard, even DFX2 has a ceiling.

They simply don't have the capacity at the moment.

Ask anyone who has Unity or the Unreal Engine (Like me for instance).
Closed Thread