Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:04 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Host Review

Well I figured it would probaly be useful so I'll kind of review some of my hosts.

SiteGround.com - This is my current host, and they are on top of the game. Lots of features, pretty cheap, and a good amount of space. The load times are phenominal in speed! I haven't even need to use the support desk. The one down side I see is that you have 7 free support tickets, and then after that you have to pay for support. I definetly recommend these guys.

HostingLite.com - Personally I liked these guys at first, but another buisness bought them out and now it is horrible. The support was decent, but whenever I had a problem it was fixed the easy way (and the problem would come back quickly because of that). All in all I did like this host, but speeds went down, problems went up...the space and bandwidth weren't great. I wouldn't suggest this anymore!!!!

I can't remember my other host's url and name, but I liked them...but they were expensive, and it was a crappy reseller! Lesson learned there.

I thought it would be nice to post thorough host reviews to help some people who might be considering it a chance to see what is out there, and what we have expierenced. Feel free to post your own reviews ^^
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
BlackMass is offline BlackMass

I'm currently using Apollo Hosting, one of their virtual private servers. I was on one of their basic plans but discovered that sharing resources with a hundred other people - some of whom obvisouly had some messed up scripts or codes or something - well, sucked.

Since I switched to the vps plan the difference in speed and up time is amazing. I love this company I'm with. Awesome phone support, knowledgeable staff, live chat always works wonders for problems.

I too learned the hard way about resellers. Stay away from nomonthlyfees.com at all costs. Avoid them like the plague. They ripped me off, they have no clue about what they are doing from the technical aspect of things, and they don't even have a working phone number ( which I didn't discover until I needed ) if you need them. And trouble tickets are answered in days not hours.

» Visit Clan Hall Gaming «