Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 11-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Doom III

finally got my comp to play this properly (moved pagefile to other HDD) and i'm pretty impressed. but getting bored after 2 days :/

it looks and sounds great but everything just seems to be the same. e.g. i know that when i go through the next door there will be a zombie or one of those guys that throws fire. then i have to pick up the pda of the desk so i can go through the next door. -_-

bring on HL2

need some more RAM for sure, i only have 512MB and when doom loads a map it goes over 600MB and my total usage goes above 1000MB :/ crazy stuff
Old 11-08-2004, 03:43 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
my thoughts EXACTLY
512 mb just isn't enough anymore

since last year i refused to *wait* for HL2, but i have to admit i do it since a few weeks (more or less since i d/led it from steam)

i just don't think HL2 will live up to it's hype (not saying it's going to be bad, just not the "uber-game" they'd like us to think)
Old 11-08-2004, 03:58 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

yeah i expect it not to be as good as the hype. it just looks great and is something new and updated. there are so many games that come out that are just clones, i just hope HL2 is a bit different and more interesting if you know what i mean.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
mhm, i also hope that, but to expect the same level of innovation as HL1 6 years ago(!!) wouldn't be smart nowadays

but back on topic:
doom3 kinda seemed like a demo for the gfx engine, i'm anxious to see it in other games.
but somehow i fear that it's only good at dark interior environments. i don't think you could make, let's say a tropical island (like in farcry)...
on the other hand, ID engines have always been THE benchmark for all others. do they really want to give that away?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:27 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
keep playing SB...im in hell now and im thinking i should go back and not go into hell...there r a couple of choices you have to make...do you send out the comunication? and there was a nother spot where i had to make a choice...go across the bridge or extend the thingy...dont remember...

im having a blast playing DOOM 3 though the monsters r repetitive more will show up and they arre harder...i dont mind the guys throwing the fire...they r easy compared to what comes later...

i got a couple of vids to show off where im at and the harder monsters im talking about - now if i can jsut get the converter working right...the .avi is over 2 gigs and trying to convert it to .mpg is having problems (no sound) - when i get that fixed ill post the links...

ought to check out some of the mods in development now for D3

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i know old post... lol

Just got a copy of the game (proper) from my cousin for free (he built PC).. and OMFG! OMG! less than half a level and ive stopped... lol its scary

(nice gfx though)
Old 11-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

the mod with the flashlight attached to guns is helpful. sometimes its just stupidly dark and you dont get time to switch between gun and light.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:14 PM

im past all the dark stuff now...been in hell for a couple of weeks now and it sucks...lol...lost all my weapons and basically have to start over with all the hard monsters...lol...

still fun just have to work harder now...

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 11-30-2004, 09:44 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
the mod with the flashlight attached to guns is helpful. sometimes its just stupidly dark and you dont get time to switch between gun and light.
Whats the mod called? because it would be extremely helpful to have the flash light and gun in other hand (when i was in cadets like a year ago or more cant remember) we were taught the right way and it is pretty useful....

I h8 the level im on 4 health left... 3 shotgun rounds saw a dead body thought yes!!! AMMO!!!! Health!!!! then it did that freaky horror stand up and im like.... "&*&£$"... lol
Old 11-30-2004, 10:10 AM

http://fpscentral.ampednews.com/?site=file_info&id=2183

more here - http://fpscentral.ampednews.com/?site=files&folder=801

gonna have to be logged in to download though...

but im sure a quick search for the mod names on google will produce unregister required downloads

i never used the flashlight mods..really didnt need them since i move slowly and listened for monsters to show up b4 they did...

The Site

Old 11-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

hhe you're like my housemate, he played 3 days straight, then i loaded the game and caught up to his place within a day. aint got time to stealth it