Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
My squad servers are all BHD only - in order for my squad to consder trying this out, I need to find out if this can be installed on a bhd only server.

Wish it had been made from the out set with BHD only in mind - as it would then be available to every one to play - Assuming the fact it was made for BHD:TS is hard set in stone.

Mod looks awsome - good job guys
Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

Well... have you even tried installing it?

I don't remember hearing any problems from people who only had BHD installed as far as multiplayer goes.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Nope - don't have BHD installed, not even sure where my disc is - I just own and run the server for my squad these days. Trying to get as much info about the mod before suggesting it to the squad.

Unless your talking multiplayer with NSO, I know there isn't any problems with BHD only and multiplayer - At least as of 3-4 months ago as I always just used BHD..
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Chick Magnet(?)

Yes, I was talking about NSO and multiplayer.

The multiplayer part of the mod was more or less unfinished until I arrived and helped out. The NSO more or less was down to like 3 or 4 actual developers and a small army of testers.

That being said, the NSO team was hoping on eventually updating the weapons in the ways of ballistics, power, handling, etc.

There has been concerns before that people with only BHD could not play the NSO mod because they saw the lil' Team Sabre Icon on the server list next to the mod servers.

After some thinking and poking around, we came up with that the TS icon was from the fact that the mod uses a cracked Team Sabre .exe so that the large number of new items could be added without resorting to taking out the original BHD items.

Now as far as BHD only players being able to join servers with TS content... that part's a lil' fuzzy. It was one of the teams goals to get as much as the TS content in the mod, so that BHD players could play multiplayer TS maps.

As far as I know, most of that content has been added, however there was a very large number of files to toss around so a few might have been left out by mistake.

To date, I have not heard of any conflicts (or at least remember...) with BHD:NSO players not being able to join TS:NSO servers.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM

Thank you - thats what I was looking for
Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
M*O*B is offline M*O*B
Map Maker

Send a message via MSN to M*O*B
Missing Items in NSO

Well I had decided that I'd remake one of my BHD maps into an NSO version and everything was going great until I came to realize that certain items I needed were not showing in the NSO MED. Muzzle Flashes and Tracers are not part of the NSO MOD I've discovered, but, I've found that if I make a .mis file with just those items in it with my regular BHD MED, then I pull that mission up on page two of the NSO map I'm making, they will go into the map. One problem though, if you work with either of these items, the only way I've found so far to adjust the height of them is to use the 3-D screen. If you adjust them manually by setting the height in the Z window of that item, they change into 50 cal. machine guns. lol. Just an FYI for any map makers that noticed this also.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Chick Magnet(?)

Mob, would you please make a list of all the objects your not finding/having trouble with?

The mod's currently on a 6-month aging process, but I am taking notes of things that need changing and hopefully myself or another team member will get around to correcting them around April of 2010.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:36 AM
M*O*B is offline M*O*B
Map Maker

Will do, I'll post it soon.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:58 PM
M*O*B is offline M*O*B
Map Maker

Help With NSO!!!

I have no idea what happened with my NSO. When I try to host a game to see a map I'm working on, it starts to load like normally, but the map name isn't showing. Then, I get a black screen, showing a recieve port list, and at the top is a heading Novaworld Server MOB. I've hit every button 20 times in 30 different configurations and it won't change back to what it should be. Any help will really be appreciated. Gawwd I'm a dope.lol
Old 12-22-2009, 05:54 PM
M*O*B is offline M*O*B
Map Maker

Never Mind, Found the setting for serve or serve and play had gotten changed..working now.lol
Old 01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Ted Smelly is offline Ted Smelly

Hi all, nice work with the NSO maps M*O*B. Finally I can post here at this site, had to register again. The reason you can't see the Muzzle flashes and such items is that the NSO Mission Editor is not unlocked. That is why you have to add them to your map via another MED, this has alway been the case in the past. I can remeber when I first saw the items change to something different.

There shouldn't be any items missing from NSO and the items in question will never be seen unless NSO can make their Editor unlocked.

The unlocked editor gave us - The two muzzle flashes and a lot of Ammo for decoration and some for explosions, green & red tracers, dead soldier, short & tall mine sticks, extra Env & Terrains, other Start Makers, the ability to properly set AI weapons and respawns for single player or coop.

There is more but my memory is a little foggy these days.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 AM
M*O*B is offline M*O*B
Map Maker

Thanks for the info Ted, the locked med editor explains why so many items are not showing for use. I've been working in spare time putting together a list of the missing items but if the mod team would come out with an unlocked med editor the problem is resolved. When BHD first came out, I remember the same problem being discussed. If my memory serves me, it ended up being fixed not by Novalogic, but by an interested gamer that wanted to have all items available. Unfortunately it's out of my skill set, but I'd guess someone out there has the ability to unlock the editor in short order.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i know in the pass some people made mods maps and all they did was copy and pass their unlock map editor into the said mod-folder they add direct into the mod folder then made a shortcut to it on desktop then they made all the modded maps asap.

as long the map editor or copy of it is inside the mod folder with the modded-PFF files it should work.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Ted Smelly is offline Ted Smelly

I have not tried that William but when I get more time I'll give it a go. I tried to change the Editor for NSO over to the Unlocked {Pappy's Version} but had no luck. I then tried to unlock an Editor by just removing the "notool" script but with some of the items the Med would crash. I don't have the required skills to delve deeper into the Mission Editor.

With the game being this old, I doubt we will be lucky enough to find someone with the skills to help us out. The one thing I would love to see is someone make an "EXE" for BHD that supports Co-Operative game play and allows you to make a Mod with more then the normal amount of items.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Brutus Maximus is offline Brutus Maximus

hey Shadow,
i forgot whom i've spoken 2 but it was 1 of u modders of N.S.O. 'bout adapting or importing your mod for Joints Operations use when the beta of NSO was first came out. Of course, most of the credits will go to u guys if y'all agree to let me convert your mod. However, there will be changes to your mod in order to make it work with JO. i'm currently working on a mod for JO but if u guys permit me i'll incorporate my own stuffs into this adaption. Let me know what you guys' decision but e-mailing me @ brutus_max@yahoo.com.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Shire is offline Shire

This is good news indeed! New mod for DF, AWESOME!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Chick Magnet(?)

I know there's still a few ppl out here that play the NSO mod. Just wanted to give out a holler to see if anyone thinks the weapons need a bit of upgrades, such as ballistics, power, fire rate, etc.