Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:33 AM
cajenn is offline cajenn

Skins and meds

Is there anyway to get a custom skin working for meds? I made one - works great for cqb, gunner, sniper but meds get stuck w/ stock..

Any ideas?

Thx, as..
Old 10-20-2003, 05:38 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
no1 really likes using skins or when some1 uses skins on their characters...its considered a cheat cause onl y u can c the different skins...its an unfair advantage if used wrong...

i should have a couple of skins for DFLW that look great and dont mess with the gameplay...they even make it a bit more difficult to c the other players cause its was such a good job...but ill have to find them when i get a chance to get back on my PC and search for them after i reinstall DFLW...

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 10-20-2003, 09:07 AM
cajenn is offline cajenn

Skins..

I understand that - but the ones I made arent invisible or anything.. Actually you would be as visible as the current stock - Just has our team name on back..

I dont see a problem w/ it - its part of BHD anyway - all is turned off for matches...
Old 10-20-2003, 09:26 AM

i understand that too...i used to use these weapon skins made by rot

http://dfhq.net/page/mods.shtml

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Marco Soto is offline Marco Soto

Is there a decent genuine looking skin for the opposing side, because I for one find it confusing to be fighting people who look exactly the same.

I'm not on about stupid Ronald McDonald skins or other such nonsense, just a nice desert camo that either red or blue can wear......or do both sides use the same skin?

opinion n. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated
by positive knowledge or proof
Old 10-21-2003, 07:42 AM

every1 uses same skin...nova with their huge amount of knowledge of their community didnt think about having the different teams use different uniforms/skins...

The Site

Old 10-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
How can it be confusing the ones with no name over their head is the enemy.lol
Old 10-21-2003, 02:40 PM

true true...

The Site

Old 10-21-2003, 06:23 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

DUDE, take my word on this. Many people think many different things are cheats. Using a skin may not be "cheating" to you, but it is to many others. They argue that if you change your skin that you might use other cheats as well. So the next time someone tries to kill you and they miss, They are gunna start blaming your skin and say you are cheating. If you think i am kidding, look on www.dfarena.com. They say every thing is a cheat. There newest "cheat" is leaning around walls. They say we should not be able to lean and look around corners to shoot players. Just letting you know that using skins is a good way to get banned.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HonkyTonkFX
DUDE, take my word on this. Many people think many different things are cheats. Using a skin may not be "cheating" to you, but it is to many others. They argue that if you change your skin that you might use other cheats as well. So the next time someone tries to kill you and they miss, They are gunna start blaming your skin and say you are cheating. If you think i am kidding, look on www.dfarena.com. They say every thing is a cheat. There newest "cheat" is leaning around walls. They say we should not be able to lean and look around corners to shoot players. Just letting you know that using skins is a good way to get banned.

the leaning around walls was shot down quick by common sence...lol...leaning is not a cheat...tghe poster was complaining cause u couldnt c weapons tip cause it was in the wall...but u can still kill some1 leaning around a wall...

nova logics games have more people crying wolf about cheats than any other game out there...i play raven shield more now cause the community is closer and dont scream cheat when they get their ass handed to them...

The Site

Old 10-22-2003, 05:43 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

I know what they were crying about. even nova said that leaning around walls was not a glitch. The problem is that people complain about cheats when know one is cheating. BHD is one of the better games about cheats. There dont seem to be as many or people just dont use them. try playing battle field 1942 or unreal tur 2003. There are tons of cheats.
BUT players who lack in skill need to blame it on somthing. They think that they are the best and no one can kill them. On FX server there have been only 4 or 5 players that where 100% cheating. They were using some kind of extened spawn armor. The only way we figured it out was we were using team speak. So when one of us could not kill them, we get others to try to. At one point we had 2 snipers, a gunner, and a med trying to kill 1 person. he could not be killed untill he shoots his gun. This was not normal spawn armor cause he spawned ran half way up the map and stoped. about 30 seconds to 40 seconds is when we killed him and it was after he killed one of are teamate near him.
Now 4 or 5 people (that we cought) cheating out of over 13,000 different player names that have played on are server in the last 3 months. That is not a bad ratio.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:55 PM
cajenn is offline cajenn

omg

man yallforget it please...

I was just ORIGINALLY WANTING to make a skin JUST for my TEAM.. NOT To use on nova - I have a server that I ALLOW skins.. my god - if it is that big of a deal nova should get rid of the allow skins option... forget it ..
Old 10-23-2003, 02:32 AM
whiskey_9 is offline whiskey_9

Send a message via ICQ to whiskey_9 Send a message via Yahoo to whiskey_9
Don't take offense to what others have mentioned in the previous posts. They're just passing along some friendly advice is all.

Thanks to StevieB for my sig
Old 10-29-2003, 01:40 AM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

Actually the skins are different for the teams your just not looking hard enough.The side your on regardless of red or blue always has Desert Camo (tan) and the opposing team always has Woodland Camo (green)
the people on the other side (red or blue) also see it this way in otherwords to them they and there teamates are the ones wearing Desert Camo and You apear to be wearing Woodland Camo to them.

Which the more I think about it is retarded on novas part.It should be the other way around.I don't need my teamates to blend better with there enviorment and my enemys to stick out with that green.Wheres the challenge in that?

As for user made character skins in MP games I think its a bad idea.Too many possibilities for abuse. (Boo Boo and his buddies usong Neon Pink skins comes to mind)

However good ones ,when packaged with a mod like the 666 one for DFLW they can be good.