Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - Team Sabre

Okay, let me get this over with. The first mission, Drug Smugglers' Harbour, was PURE SUICIDE!

That game is a killer. The first mission, I was totally outnumbered, and I realized these missions (13 to be exact?) were WAY harder than BHD's. I spent hours and hours and hours playing the mission and it was a damn killer.

Although I did love the terrain, new objects, etc.

But the thing I found out though, is that if you install TS, and you want to uninstall it, you have to uninstall both BHD and TS. And the expansion integrates itself into BHD in a way that you can't get the old BHD menus back as well... Doesn't bother me.

Another thing is, that I think the missions would be kinda linear in terms of where you could go... You kinda have to stick to one path... which sucks.

A cool thing was though, is that you don't have to complete all objectives on some missions - and, things don't happen the same way sometimes (like on the first mission... whether you go on the boat or not).

7/10 from me.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-24-2007, 02:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
chris i have no trouble using add & remove to unstill Team Sabre from the game not once i had to unstill both of them at the same time.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 AM

It said somewhere in the install or whereever that to uninstall TS, you'll be uninstalling BHD as well.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will its a first i heard of that one.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-25-2007, 07:36 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I have been hearing that for as long as I have been playing BHD:TS (over 3 years).

The uninstall may seem to un-install TS, but does it get every thing? I doubt the uninstaller is going to go into the PFF files and remove any TS files that get packed in... and it certainly isn't smart enough to remove any updates that get applied after the install.

IcI
Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
I have been hearing that for as long as I have been playing BHD:TS (over 3 years).

The uninstall may seem to un-install TS, but does it get every thing? I doubt the uninstaller is going to go into the PFF files and remove any TS files that get packed in... and it certainly isn't smart enough to remove any updates that get applied after the install.

IcI
Exactly! So if I uninstall TS, I still reckon there would be bits of TS hanging around in BHD... :/

It's not like it's a big problem or anything, but sometimes I tend to be curious about real small things, so yeah...

Okay, the TS mission where you go blow the plane up was a bit cool. I got minor stresses at the real end ONLY because I kept firing at my teammates so I just reloaded lol. The mission was pretty cool though. Starting off in the Black Hawk, going to that enemy base, circling around blowing people up, blowing the radio equipment, sprinting back in after an enemy invasion, heading down, getting on a truck, blowing more people up... Then, blowing a plane and crates up! Hehe...

However, once, one of my teammates were shooting at a drug crate, then I come in and shoot it for him - and then, he flies back because I blew the crate up... Then, I just reloaded to a save because I didn't wanna feel responsible for his death, LOL. Stupid AI... Hehe...

The game actually wasn't really bad in fact. In the reviews, it was mentioned that the game restricted you to where you could possibly go - even though I've only played two missions, it's currently seemed fine for me. You've been given enough space to go and complete the mission, so it's no big deal for me.

Also, the reviews would complain about the AI sucking. To me, the AI in BHD and TS are totally okay. I've seen worse before probably, trust me. I can imagine some missions in TS would be just so hard, and with really hard AI, that just makes the situation a lot worse (although realism is sometimes great). The AI can sometimes get real cheeky, which is kinda like what they are in all DF games.

I also like it how the player sounds 11 years older than what he sounded like in BHD (BHD = 1993, TS = 2004). The voices, as previously mentioned, were great...

Chris
Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
who actually plays the missions Chris lol

i played them on my old computer until i got the one that i am on now so that i can play multi :P

Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Only time I play it is when I don't have internet access and I feel like playing bhd.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
By the time TS came out i was not playing BHD much but from what i did play the online play just added more weapons that pissed alot of people off. Never a good thing too split up the game play with new mods that not everyone can use unless they buy the expansion.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killerbee
By the time TS came out i was not playing BHD much but from what i did play the online play just added more weapons that pissed alot of people off. Never a good thing too split up the game play with new mods that not everyone can use unless they buy the expansion.
Yeah... G3 is great to use, and when used against, it is a total nemesis...

Chris
Old 07-10-2007, 03:32 AM

OMFG I just completed the last Iranian mission tonight... It was the most hardest mission I've probably ever played in the history of BHD. The person who made this mission needs a good belt up the a** for allowing only three saves (WHICH you could not overwrite). Yes it does make the mission hard, but it is a bit overkill don't you think?

I'm still shaking right now, seeing I just completed the mission after hours of struggle!

I will never play that mission again, seriously. And the stupid part was, was that in the mission when you went to the fortress to kill the General, your teammates would stop following you - leaving you to bite all the dust there is! Then they come in after I kill the damn General... But wait, didn't I kill pretty much everybody?

To describe this mission, Imagine this altogether: RPGs, MK19s, VBLs, miniguns, a whole company-sized army, and ambushes all thrown at you...

Chris
Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
^^^^
the last iranian missions is one of those missions that you would wish u had a great framerate, within the first minute your framerate (on slow computers in particular) would drop to a quick slide show. main reason are those huge smokin particle effects in the background simulating desert city haze

o btw chris,

bms to mis converter

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Heh, I like to play missions as they are and not modify them or anything.

When you're facing very overwhelming odds in BHD, pray to god it's not urban territory - because you'll be in one heck of a mess.

Chris
Old 07-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
im sayin open it up in the med and put more saves in there, and remove the smoke.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready