Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:17 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

Nope. You will own the rights to it because you made the sound. Copyright laws dont say that one can't copy the dialogues, you can; just you shouldn't alter the original sound.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
Nope. You will own the rights to it because you made the sound. Copyright laws dont say that one can't copy the dialogues, you can; just you shouldn't alter the original sound.
But what about the content ? The gameplay , all is similar to DF besides the graphics , the sounds , the models , textures,..
Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 AM

And yea, finding good orators in Asia is even tougher than holding sneezes. Only way i had earlier to counter this problem was to go to my very own teachers and then record their voices saying "I have a presentation that needs a good orator like you" :v
Old 01-18-2017, 10:22 AM

No. You are not breaking the laws by creating 100% similarity between your game and theirs untill and unless those work are done by you from scratch.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
And yea, finding good orators in Asia is even tougher than holding sneezes. Only way i had earlier to counter this problem was to go to my very own teachers and then record their voices saying "I have a presentation that needs a good orator like you" :v
LOL now that sucks
Old 01-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Hi there, Stompem here, nice idea but as discovered before there's a lot to live up to with such a project.

In keeping with that I don't see how the unreal engine could handle all the attributes you need.

Most PPL make a Mod.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You need some vocoder software.

Audio DAWS include this type of software.

You simply type in your words, adjust speech pattern and you have vocals for PPL Monsters or Aliens etc....
Old 01-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Hi there, Stompem here, nice idea but as discovered before there's a lot to live up to with such a project.

In keeping with that I don't see how the unreal engine could handle all the attributes you need.

Most PPL make a Mod.
What attributes do u mean ? I don't find anything that Unreal Engine can't support
Old 01-19-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long View Post
What attributes do u mean ? I don't find anything that Unreal Engine can't support
I say this in good will but do you realize how good the Voxel Space engine really is?

Try getting the Unreal Engine to allow you to be flying along with all your teamates in a helicopter, taking various positions on-board and then leaping out whenever you spot your enemy, sky dive or just parachute down to the area of interest and do your stuff for one.

BTW

This is all in an unlimited environment, a fully open world.

To this date and as far as I know, Unreal is still incapable of this.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:50 AM
test is offline test
bhdRevival

DF:BHD Revival - https://www.facebook.com/groups/593167714165139/
Old 01-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
I say this in good will but do you realize how good the Voxel Space engine really is?

Try getting the Unreal Engine to allow you to be flying along with all your teamates in a helicopter, taking various positions on-board and then leaping out whenever you spot your enemy, sky dive or just parachute down to the area of interest and do your stuff for one.

BTW

This is all in an unlimited environment, a fully open world.

To this date and as far as I know, Unreal is still incapable of this.
It is possible with Unreal Engine , as the matter of fact , you can do that in others engines as well. It is you who decide if it's possible or not
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
It is possible with Unreal Engine , as the matter of fact , you can do that in others engines as well. It is you who decide if it's possible or not
Erp... Many have said that so just show me the proof I say
Old 01-19-2017, 12:25 PM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Erp... Many have said that so just show me the proof I say
Alright thanks for some tips It might takes a lot of time but I hope the game is finished
Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Alright thanks for some tips It might takes a lot of time but I hope the game is finished
MMM Please don't get me wrong by thinking I'm against the idea.

I'm not but it's like City Ace inferred earlier, if you aim too high you can be disappoined and end up wasting a lot of time and, well, I'm simply trying to explain that a little more.

BTW
I'd back it if you make it no worries about that - keep us informed
Old 01-19-2017, 01:03 PM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
MMM Please don't get me wrong by thinking I'm against the idea.

I'm not but it's like City Ace inferred earlier, if you aim too high you can be disappoined and end up wasting a lot of time and, well, I'm simply trying to explain that a little more.

BTW
I'd back it if you make it no worries about that - keep us informed
Well yeah but even if I fail , I would learn a lot during the trip of making it If there is anything new about my game , I will inform you guys. Again thanks for the support and advice .
Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Well yeah but even if I fail , I would learn a lot during the trip of making it If there is anything new about my game , I will inform you guys. Again thanks for the support and advice .
Well that depends on what you do actually know...

I'm a little bit of a self proclaimed psychic and you coming here asking questions at first and then telling us all of this is possible after all sounds a little mysterious from my end

Last edited by Guest001; 01-19-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Well that depends on what you do actually know...

I'm a little bit of a self proclaimed psychic and you coming here asking questions at first and then telling us all of this is possible after all sounds a little mysterious from my end
What I said that "this is possible" is only a state to say that nothing is impossible if you haven't tried. I just came here and ask about the copyright issue so that I would not waste my time later on for a game that will never be released due to copyright
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
What I said that "this is possible" is only a state to say that nothing is impossible if you haven't tried. I just came here and ask about the copyright issue so that I would not waste my time later on for a game that will never be released due to copyright
I have accounts for all the engines mentioned here but as stated previously and as far as I know, the ability to wrap the game world is absent.

Besides that, if you were to use Unity or the Unreal Engine the barriers are not all insurmountable, with only a few particularities that exclude it being a true Delta Force clone.

As for developing your idea to a certain extent there's no problem with the right prefabs or design skills.

You'd be able to simulate a combat environment with bought assets and prefabs.

Also there wouldn't be any copyright issues as long as you were careful how you name and describe your game.

It follows to mention that the capital investment levels required for engines of this calibre can be quite high though there are ways to develop under a tight budget with careful planning.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:50 AM

Damn. I hated Unreal. I was not even able to properly open my assets from the editor and it was like "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH" Anyways, Long, best of luck for your game and dont become a day dreamer: Make a game with simple design plan and you will be getting rich through Steam :-D
Old 01-21-2017, 03:23 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Damn. I hated Unreal. I was not even able to properly open my assets from the editor and it was like "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH" Anyways, Long, best of luck for your game and dont become a day dreamer: Make a game with simple design plan and you will be getting rich through Steam :-D
Alright thank you very much for your support I hope my game is released too. It is my college project <3 Love ya all