Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > Humor & Jokes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Humor & Jokes Got a funny joke or a funny email? Post it so we can all laugh!

Old 09-10-2004, 02:10 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
Sad Software Conflict

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2 which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications such as BoysNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5 and Playboy 6.9.

Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better. I tried a shareware program - Slapper 2.1 - but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware. I eventually agreed to upgrade to Fiancée 1.0 only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2004. Shortly after this upgrade however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0’s memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and Email filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome child, processes which drain my resources. These conflict with some of the new Games I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT hard drive, it often Crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called Mother-In-Law, which can’t be turned off.

Recently I’ve been tempted to install Mistress 2004, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2004 it tends to delete all of your money before uninstalling itself.

Any Ideas?

Originally posted by Walter on 'I See Elvis' forums

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F