Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 AM
WozåGriøt »EIЫ is offline WozåGriøt »EIЫ

New Computer Issues

Hello,
I have read through the posts and can't seem to find my issue so I have decided to post about it. I recently bought a new computer. PentiumD 820 processor with dual core technology 2.8 Ghz with an Intel 945G chipset. It also has 1024 MB of DDR2 and a Serial ATA 250 GB driver. This is a Gateway system. Got home installed BHD and Team Sabre. I was playing in our (Elite Infantry Division) server and after about three maps the sound went out and the game crashed. This happened a few times so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, which I did about five times. Problem persisted. It has a Sigma Tel High Definition chip on the board itself so I believed this was the problem I updated the driver no change. I decided to replace the sound card and while I was at it I bought a GeForce 6600 PCIE 256MB card. This made no difference other then one of the times it crashed it gave a sysdmp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and updated every thing I can think of. I called tech support number (818)878-0325 and the guy basically blew me off stating that the GeForce card was not updated, ignoring the fact that the problem was there BEFORE the video card was installed. I have been going back and forth trying everything as recommended by different techy folks and nothing works. I have even posted in our squad's techy section and they don't have an answer. I need some help here. I am kind of bitter because I left work early last week to address the problem, lost revenue for my practice, and the tech support person basically blows me off after I had to place a long distance call. At this point I am about give it up and move on to a different game. But I can't stand the fact I have a game that I enjoy playing and that I spent $40.00 on that can't run in a system that is well beyond the specs required to run it, not to mention the $300.00 I have donated in support of my squad to maintain and run a good server. Any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and the people that depend on my support.

This is the latest sysdmp. They have all been about the same.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
have you use gateway update tool? to update softwares and drivers?

Link: http://<b>ftp://ftp.gateway.com/pub/...gtwupd.exe</b>

download it then run the file: gtwupd.exe
after go to: C:\CABS\gtwupd

run gtwupd.exe this will instill it into your system.
after you run it you can find it in: Start>All Programs> Gateway Utilities>"GW Recovery Program" now open this to run the auto-update

check for all item needed to be updated do this online, there is a (800) were it update your system one on one system without the internet at all. if you do use the 800 number option it will not let you goto other sites.
===========================================
i have known other who had to update thier GFX-card and the error was gone. it not limited to Geforce ether other GFX-Card can do it too. its a new system but there always updates get release all the time.

for your Geforce Card go here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

there be 3 windows to click-on to get the right driver for your system. when your finish click-on go.

Windows 2000 & Xp driver
Link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html

Version: 78.01
Release Date: September 2, 2005
WHQL Certified
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-12-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 AM

Thanks for your response. I have in fact done that but sadly that made no difference. Last night I called tech support at gateway and the only thing this person could come up with is that I was playing a 32bit game on a 64bit computer. He suggested finding a patch for this problem. Any idea if this patch exists and if so where I can find it? Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I'm not really sure, but I bet you are running the 32bit of windows xp so the intel cpu should be backwards compatible with 32 bit programs as well. If you are on xp x64bit then theres a diffrent stroy, but I highly doubt gateway is shipping pc's with 64bit OS's. I would really say to format your hard drive with a fresh install of windows xp, not the install gateway supplied. That's the first thing I tell everyone that got a computer with a pre-loaded OS. If you don't have a copy of windows xp, you can get it at newegg.com for like $140. You probably don't want to spend another $140 but an actual windows cd is never a bad idea if you dont have one.

Does it only happen in BHD/TS? Have you tried any other games?

Does the computer just reboot or does it freeze? Does it get really bright and disorted before either of these?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM

To answer your question. There have been no other problems in any other games that I have noticed. This includes BF2 as well as others. The game itself what happens is it throws a windows error message and minimizes the game. Just before it does this the sound goes out. When you close the windows error message it closes the game. If you leave the windows message up and try to just go back into the game then it throws the sysdmp that is posted above. I too was curious about the contention that the OS was in 64bit because I do have windows set at 32bit, but he insisted this might be the problem. I do think my next step is to format the HD and start from scratch but the system didn't come with the software and I am already well over a grand in just the CPU. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks again for your help guys.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

You can tell if you have xp 64bit by right clicking on My Computer and clicking properties. If it sais x64 anywhere then you are running xp 64bit. Although most 32 bit programs will run in xp64 not all will. But like I said, I highley doubt gateway is shipping computers with xp64.

I'd say format with a fresh copy of xp32 bit, if you don't have an actual windows CD (Not the one gateway supplied) I suggest you get one and start from there.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Man, I just can't win here. Spent last nite formatting my HD and reinstalling the OS then updating all of the drivers. Played for a few maps didn't have a problem. This morning, went in again and after about three maps it threw a windows error again. This time I could actually stay in the game with no sound as it didn't throw a sysdmp. I am pretty much at a loss here. I might just have to nuke all of programs and add one by one to see which seems to be causing the conflict. Just not sure what else to do with this problem and nobody at Nova or Gateway has a solution.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Sounds to me that its just a bad area of the game, specially if you don't have the issue in any other games. I suggest this. Take it back. Tell them the game was crap, didn't work and demand your money back. Then, go and buy DFX for $20 USD
Old 10-03-2005, 10:05 PM

I wish it was that easy. I have spent tons of money and time on supporting a squad and it would not be in my best interest to go to BF2 or DFX, these games also pail in comparison to BHD, as I am sure most would agree. At this point my brand new computer is sitting in the middle of my guest bedroom collecting dust and I have gone back to my old computer. Again, if anybody has any ideas, would love to hear about it.

Woza out
Old 10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

Ok, this sounds like a sound problem (excuse the pun). If you have EAX enabled anywhere, turn it off. Also, go into the game options and make sure 5.1 is disabled. Then go into the sound card properties, click the Audio tab, then advanced on the playback device. Under the performance tab, turn down hardware acceleration a bit, and also the sample rate conversion.

Also, make sure you have updated the audio drivers for this board...is it onboard sound? That could be the problem, but I doubt it.

Let me know how it goes.

Scorp.

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
You can tell if you have xp 64bit by right clicking on My Computer and clicking properties. If it sais x64 anywhere then you are running xp 64bit. Although most 32 bit programs will run in xp64 not all will. But like I said, I highley doubt gateway is shipping computers with xp64.

I'd say format with a fresh copy of xp32 bit, if you don't have an actual windows CD (Not the one gateway supplied) I suggest you get one and start from there.
asker Gateway Mfg are shipping out 64bit system.

i have their catlog and there are listed windows Xp 64bit

Gateway DX300 Desktop 64bit architecture

link: http://www.gateway.com/products/gcon...dx300&clv=LNav
uncheck the box auto restart
there a 6mo no payment plane.

brand new system.

they have other too 32bit as will as 64bit system for sale.

they even have a 64bit laptop to

their DX-serials has 64bit in them

[Click-on image to enlarge it]

a note blackout price, this is right out of the sales booklet i got in the mail, scanned in.

Quote:
Originally posted by WozåGriøt »EIЫ
Man, I just can't win here. Spent last nite formatting my HD and reinstalling the OS then updating all of the drivers. Played for a few maps didn't have a problem. This morning, went in again and after about three maps it threw a windows error again. This time I could actually stay in the game with no sound as it didn't throw a sysdmp. I am pretty much at a loss here. I might just have to nuke all of programs and add one by one to see which seems to be causing the conflict. Just not sure what else to do with this problem and nobody at Nova or Gateway has a solution.
is your system autoboot when you play the game?

if so disable the auto boot

right click-on "My computer" click-on "properities" lookup "startup and recovery" look down the items you see Startup and recovery in blue text to the right you see "settings" button click-on it.

uncheck the automatic restart.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-04-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Platinum Soldie is offline Platinum Soldie

Hello i am also having the system dump problem on bhd. i have updated all my driverss at least i thank i have and basically i dont know what to do.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Chief ADFP

To: Platinum Soldie

most of the time its the GFX-Card drivers that do System dump, double check to see if you have the right one instill.

what the name of your GFX-Card you are using? i can double check it to see if you have the right updated Version drivers instill.

a lot of times a person get the wrong type of update for their card.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Accully im using a RADEON x700 if your talking about a vidiocard. umm whatever that is. im not exackly the brightes when it comes to this stuff.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Chief ADFP

RADEON x700 ATI MFG Graphics Card
what system are you running?

new Drivers: Windows XP
1.) https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

main page: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

tip: don't have the game and desktop set at same settings

game at 800x600
Desktop at 1024x768

if they are both are set up same the game will lockup or even crash on you. 9-10 you be seating there look at the game lockup on the screen. or get a system dump too.

best to use "ALT+TAB" to go desktop, the game and desktop can't have the same settings.

Windows "Flag-key and D-key" is a shortcut to desktop.

is your system a Laptop PC or a computer desktop system?

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-08-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:12 PM

my system is a desktop computer. i tried that resloution and it dont lockup anymore so thanks but im still getting system dump txt saved whatever that means. i still have yet to confirm if i have the new drivers so ill try that next.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:30 PM

Oh and umm i dont know if this has anything to do with system dump but i installed the small version of BHD because when i tried the large version i got error 117 saying i didn't want to copy some file.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:24 PM

i donwloaded and installed a driver but no change
Old 10-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Chief ADFP

you better off going to www.novaworld.com to ask a tech about that error 117. it not listed in public area in novalogic site. they have 106 listed but not 117
Old 10-18-2005, 08:58 PM

I honostly dont thank that Error 117 has anything to do with the system dump that is oh so pissing me off. not to mention i dontk now what drivers i do and dont have is there a way to check?