Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 01-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What's going on with dfhq?

Well, we are going to move hosts again and I have no ETA on it currently. I also have no idea how it's going to all work but I will figure it out somehow. I have purchased a dedicated server and it's a bit different then the one I have now so I have to learn a lot. After I figure this out and how I'm going to do it, we will start the transfer. Shortly after the new server is up we will open our tourneys, ran by trilogy. All the new maps will be posted and the server will be up and not down 24/7. (<- I say that a lot don't I? lol). Well I have not noticed anything bad about rackshack so that's where I went. They seem to be stable with there servers and fast. Plus it's dedicated so there aren't other sites to steal our resources. Before the move I will post some more news and tell you when it should be back online and fully functional. I am sorry, but web hosts that can't offer the resources kind of tick me off. This new server will be a AMD Duron 1.0GHz, 40GB 7200rpm Hard drive and 512mb Ram. So you will notice a difference in the speed all over. Just giving you a heads up .

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Muninn is offline Muninn
Retired from DF

Sounds good, sounds good.... I like Fast :P
Old 01-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

hey Panther will that affect the squad forums during transfer, and if, how long?

Old 01-15-2003, 08:09 AM
_|()R|Z is offline _|()R|Z

Send a message via ICQ to _|()R|Z
panther: give me a webhost that can deal with the ammount of Bandwith that this site is using
Old 01-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
hey Panther will that affect the squad forums during transfer, and if, how long?
Yes it will, I just came up with an idea of minimizing the downtime on squad forums. That is what I wanted to minmize the most. I will be moving the squad forums first to the new server and there will be an IP/squadname to access your forums. When the domain is transfered and after 2 days just to make sure, the dfhq.net subdomain will work again.

Quote:
Originally posted by _|()R|Z
panther: give me a webhost that can deal with the ammount of Bandwith that this site is using
Our old host (the one were on now) was doing just fine with bandwith usage, we had 250 gigs and never used it all (close with 200 but 50gigs is still alot letf). The only problem I have is the speed of the server. We are using to much of the 'server' resoures (Like ram and cpu) so that's why it's down or sluggish alot. I hope with our own server that no other site is on that it will be able to handle it. And i'm positive it will. There are probably 50 sites hosted on this current server, there will be 1 hosted on the new one. Squad forums will be alot quicker, the main site will be alot quicker and the dfhq.net forwarding will be loads quicker. Just to let you all know, the new server ping is ~60ms .

Last edited by Scott; 01-15-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the new server ping is ~60ms way nice
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

don't go through any hassle with the squad forums Panther, I am downloading ours now just incase all doesn't go well lol.

Old 01-16-2003, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther

Our old host (the one were on now) was doing just fine with bandwith usage, we had 250 gigs and never used it all (close with 200 but 50gigs is still alot letf). The only problem I have is the speed of the server. We are using to much of the 'server' resoures (Like ram and cpu) so that's why it's down or sluggish alot. I hope with our own server that no other site is on that it will be able to handle it. And i'm positive it will. There are probably 50 sites hosted on this current server, there will be 1 hosted on the new one. Squad forums will be alot quicker, the main site will be alot quicker and the dfhq.net forwarding will be loads quicker. Just to let you all know, the new server ping is ~60ms .
can you give me the url of the new host and the old one?
Old 01-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

We are still on the new one, I cant give you the new IP yet. I don't want anyone going to it untill it's all finished.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:10 PM

sry for the misunderstanding: hosting PROVIDER