Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:48 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

Please help me get off with this Polytron Color Map not speciffied error.

Hi there everyone. I am a huge fan of the Delta Force Series especially Delta Force Black Hawk Down. I have a problem now. Whenever, I start to play Irene, I get polytron color map not specified error. I have reinstalled the game, but the error still persists. The CD is quite old now, and it is not very clean, but all the other missions run fine. I downloaded and update from here. Will that work?
Please help. Is there any website from where I could download the particular terrain file for this mission?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Not really sure I heard about that error before. But , I did a Google search and was surprised to see it is a very common error afterall. It seems that it happens to map that are associated with MODs and to the map that you refer to. I also noticed that the most common responce was to advise that the game should be reinstalled.

If you do deside to uninstall/reinstall, make sure you save all the backup files in your game (game saves, maps, etc...).

Wishing you luck with this error.
Dave
Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

I have tried re-installing the game, but I still get this error message. I downloaded a save game that unlocks all the levels. All the levels work but not Irene. This is now irritating me. Please help me.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
It's a terrain error as far as I know.

You said the CD was quite old... have you tried copying the CD to your hard drive, then installing the game from there instead? Or maybe try use a program like CloneCD to clone your BHD disc to another disc... hopefully you'll be able to do that without errors.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

It's quite likely that your download corrupted the CPT file used for Irene. I'd suggest ditching a clean fresh install and try working your way up to Irene.

If that still doesn't work, then it's possible that your CD is scratched in such a way to corrupt the CPT file... which would be a bit rare...

At any rate, after you install BHD, be sure to Update it again. The Updater program should still be working...
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I'm with ShadowZ on this, find another copy or even download the specific file andtry that

"M"