Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Harley Mech is offline Harley Mech

Hacked????//or what??

Just been playing a game on ROC.

Suddenly loads of coloured lines filled the screen.
Looks like DOS lettering.

The the milli gun had a mind of its own,,,no one there..and its going like crazy.

I tried shift,,would'nt let me in.

What that about???
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
we are not novalogic, inc

but the game or mod ROC?

i don't know about that at all sorry, maybe other know what you getting at, as for the sceen color sound more like your video card drivers or the card is going bad. i would try to reinstall the video card in maybe that will fix it.

1.) unstall it video card restart system
2.) install video card back in if you can get the newer video drivers/software for it if they have newer version release to the public.

MOB video chip's are cheap and don't handle hog game software very good. better have a video card type 512mb or more is better

bois may have gone bad if the system crash or elec was cutoff would do it, reload the bois flash drive in would fix any bois setting if they gone bad

look up the MOB MFG bois update for it. most update them a lot times
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
what game is this for?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 AM

Believe me there is nothing wrong with my video card or my computer.
The lines of lettering were just that..letters. But they looked like a DOS format..the old fashioned font.
It could not explain the milli gun from doing its own thing ,,thats for sure.

The game I bought is black hawk down..(delta force)
On the game,,you can go online,,thats what I'm using.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Chief ADFP

will some time the game will go bad (once in a blue moon to say) the files in it.

*i was you unstall stall the game
*delete the game folder totally.
save player files and any maps you like to keep.
*restart your system.
*back to desktop install the game.
*update the game afterwards.
after it updated try to play the game see how it work out, don't mod it at this time.

now like to to make a 2nd game folder
go to C:\Program Files\NovaLogic place this folder here. name it
"Delta Force Black Hawk Down ROC" now copy and past everything from: Delta Force Black Hawk Down" inside that folder into "Delta Force Black Hawk Down ROC" this folder like you test that mod out without fooling around with the main game folder, it will work normal as ever after find dfbhd.exe make a shortcut to it on desktop. now test it out
Old 11-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
No, your right it sounds like a text spammer

Multi-lines of text that just fill up your screen saying random stuff (or some times specific stuff, advertising a cheat site, etc).

Its annoying, and hard to track down who is doing it as they can keep playing while it is happening.

If your admin all you can really do is start punting - starting with the last person you don't regonize in.... as long as the guy doesn't stop, when you get the right person it will stop and dissapper.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM

icishoot,,thats the one,,you have descibed it perfectly..I presume the server is hacked,,,and everyone is getting this stuff,,not just me,,or random players???

The ****wits that do this are just idiots ,,bullied at school,,who knows..but they need to be found,,,it screws a really good game.

It has just happened again..12.30am
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

It happens to every one on the server - and if you mean by "hacked" that some one has broken through firewalls, etc and is doing stuff system side, then no.

The cheater can do it in any server at will. Once he is banned/punted it will stop as it can only be done if he is in the server.

If your just visiting the server, best thing you can do is take a screen shot, jot down the date, time and map name and some how pass it to that server's admin (forum, email, etc).

IcI
Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot

Multi-lines of text that just fill up your screen saying random stuff (or some times specific stuff, advertising a cheat site, etc).

Its annoying, and hard to track down who is doing it as they can keep playing while it is happening.

If your admin all you can really do is start punting - starting with the last person you don't regonize in.... as long as the guy doesn't stop, when you get the right person it will stop and dissapper.
Sorry for the off-topic, but everyone in my class is a damn text spammer. Seriously, in computer class, whenever we have chat on (where we can talk to everyone in the same class on PCs), everyone text spams - so it gets taken off. And it's happened like a million times it ain't funny.

But yeah, do what icishoot said. It could be just a text spammer. Haven't experienced those much, but I know how annoying it is.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot

sound like something new they came up with to scew with other in the server, i have to agreed with this fix punt the last people who came in wait 10sec then punt the next guy out till its stops, then you know who they was.

don't know if there be a log on this in the game folder who was punted out, but if there is you can use that info then put it into the ban log i think.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 PM

If they are using anaconda, yes it does log the punts, assuming they have turn that function on... Not sure about the BMT.

that hack has been around for at least 6 months, if not more - I have seen it quite abit in my server.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Chief ADFP

man thats real sad some fool has to do thing like this.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me people.

That is much appriaciated.

The easiest way to go for me,,is to just quit the game but at least I know whats going on now.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Chief ADFP

will you can still host the game only make it password for other to join in.

send a news letter out to all change password weekly, this way person banned and can't get back in be a bet harder
Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM

If I had the faintest clue how to ,,I might just do that...lollll
But yes,,I get the drift,,maybe one day.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Problem with passwording it though is then no one can get in unless they have the password - so if your not an established server, with out a following you will just have an empty server, or a small server with a few friends.

It really isn't that bad keeping cheaters out -I can go 2-3 days with out banning a cheater.

If one comes in - ban him. If he changes his IP and comes back, ban him. If he does it again, compair IP's and see if an IP range ban will work - usually it will - in that case he is banned until he changes ISP's or some how routes through a different network.

I would give up BHD before resorting to requiring novaworld login and password protecting the server

IcI