Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-22-2005, 02:01 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

unfortunate incident.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...far/html/1.stm

watch all pics and read the lines on the right..
Old 01-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Recon is offline Recon

very controversial but they didn't stop so i think they got what they deserved, i think they would have stopped if they knew it would have turned out that way..
Old 01-22-2005, 02:28 PM
CMcGee is offline CMcGee

I think the US Soldiers did what they had to do. Especially when they were wounded.

Sad that the driver died though.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:33 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

very unfortunate.. and sadly the children might rebel against coalition forces when they r older for what they have done...

And Recon - getting what they deserved??? u mean kids growing up without thier parents? the driver might have been worried and not have stopped because of been worried..
Old 01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Recon is offline Recon

its a check point, you stop, there is signs in their language saying stop check point with american soldiers, not trying to ignerant but it sounds like the drove by knowing it was a check point... i am not saying it could have been an accident and never said it wasn't bad they aren't growing up with parents
Old 01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

Soldiers did what they had to...think about if it was a car bomb..
Old 01-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Recon is offline Recon

ya same point i was making Game
Old 01-22-2005, 07:55 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
getting what they deserved??? u mean kids growing up without thier parents? the driver might have been worried and not have stopped because of been worried..
One of the most interesting things about the wests response to overseas affairs is that either side of any argument is the basis that people abroad are in some way inferior to us.

You shouldn't invade a country full of simple folk of course. What about the innocent farmers?

You should invade a country that is being abused by people that think they can get away with taking advantage of their poor farmers.

Opposing arguments with the same nonesense premise that non-westerners are in some way stupid.

We knwo that the driver of this car was stupid, not because he was foreign or frightened, but because with a car full of his family he thought it better to throttle through a checkpoint guarded by (equally frightened) fully armed military personel.

This piece, whilst not being editorialy qualified, is another example of anti-war propoganda by the supposedly independent BBC.
There is nothing more horrifying than the thought of being affiliated to people that killed a mother in front of her children.
But think iof the soldiers who had no idea what the hell was going on when a dickhead (not stupid, or frightened or in any other way intellectually inferior to the men with the guns ahead of him), thought that driving full pelt through an armed checkpoint would have no effect on his children. The Grace of God is shown in that He allowed only the fools to die and not the children.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Recon is offline Recon

it really wasn't the soldiers fought they don't know what to expect when a car comes threw a check point not stoping like that, they shot, and killed the drivers, the same thing they would have done in any situation, fully, the problem was the people driving
Old 01-23-2005, 05:02 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
The Iraqis know it was military, doesnt have to be US because the Dutch had similar incidents also, because of the lights that are always on the location of the CP(CheckPoint).

And the vehicles, for an example the Dutch have 2 or more Patria's there ( Armored Personel Vehicle ), and some still drive through, and afterwards telling "i thought it was bandits that wanted to steal my stuff"...... They just keep trying it, somewere its there own fault, they drive through, while they got stopping signals, they drive through after warnings, if they have to be stopped by shooting ( not saying it is good ) so be it. And if then some1 dies is very unfortunately, but inevatible.

Thats just how it is, I personally wouldnt take the risk that the car might be used for bombing your CP.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 01-23-2005, 05:03 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

These soldiers were doing their duty, it is sad that someone should die but a check point is just that and if your requested to pull over by armed troops then that is exactly what you should do!

Regards
Old 01-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

exactly, the soldiers were doing their job, and they should of stopped. The americans aren't going to do any harm to anyone now are they?
very aweful for the children in the car tho
- Warm regards
Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 AM
CMcGee is offline CMcGee

I am sure the reason why they didn't stop, because they thought the US Soldiers were Insurgents.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:53 AM
General Nuisance is offline General Nuisance

Send a message via ICQ to General Nuisance
serves them right......

http://youraite.yourhost.yourusername.com - long urls
-looks bad
-who can remember it?
- Solution?
- Get a short Nova-Zone subdomain! Yoursite.nova-zone.com
- Now thats smart. just ask for one via pm,email or contact page on site.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Ditto Zza. The soldiers did what they had to do. The car could have been wired with explosives and done much more damage. It's unfortunate, but if the driver had stopped, none of it would have happened. He should have thought of his children, plain and simple.

It's sad that the BBC would try to spin something like that. I used to like the BBC for its good reporting, but now it seems to be getting as bad as our news services here in the US.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
CMcGee is offline CMcGee

Quote:
Originally posted by 82nd-GenNuisance
serves them right......
That was a little cruel..

But, anyways.

Like everyone else is saying, they did what they had to do.
The driver might have deserved what he got, because you never know. He could have wired a bomb into the car without the kids knowing, you never know.

But, the kids did not deserve it, sorry Nuisance, Im just a little bit against your last statement.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

It's hard for us who hold life in high regard to understand what drives people who have LITTLE regard for life. Homocide bombers now come in all sexes and genders, and ages. Our soldiers have learned the hard way that anyone could be the next human bomb. It's a job I wouldn't want, but hold TREMENDOUS respect for those doing it. It wasn't quite like this in the 60's when I was in the navy, though the VC used to put bombs in baby clothes too. Just not at this frequency.