Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Joint Ops: Escalation

Joint Ops: Escalation
Developer: Novalogic | Publisher: Novalogic
Release Date: November

Novalogic shortens the name but expands the game in this first official expansion to Joint Operations. Not much is known about add-on pack (heck, it won't even be formally announced until later this week), but our spies tell us you can expect several new environments, characters, and (probably most importantly) several new vehicles to keep things exciting. Joint Ops has carved out a dedicated audience for itself with its massive 100-player+ battles, and this expansion should only keep that going.

Our Prediction: It probably won't convert non-believers, but the new vehicles should make it a must-have for any Joint Ops player.

Source GameSpy
Old 09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
thanks Sal
Old 09-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

for my squad this is not good news.it just means to quote my co and i think hes too rite : "....what a surprise, we gotta pay more to fix the Original. "

probably the major bugs will still be in there.we get a few vehicles that were waiting on the shelve,they havent said anything about stats yet.

more quotes from my squadmembers"i think this is the way with alot of games these days.

release it , even if its bugged to hell.
release small patch to keep people happy , but leave most bugs in there
release big patch and call it an addon on , add a few extra features that dont really make much difference "

well maybe we need it but i think their problem is not coming from the nonbelievers.i think the most loyal here are startin too loose faith.aND i really regret this fact cuz im also talkin bout myself here.they act like you get their products for free like shareware or sumtin.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Genocidal~V*D~ is offline Genocidal~V*D~

Send a message via AIM to Genocidal~V*D~
yea put it bluntly if its comparable to of an expansion like team sabre was to bhd ,then i say cram it were the sun dont shine.

im gettin sick of companies just shootin out crap when they havent even addressed prior issues concerning their games already being complained about on a massive level

and with all this profit why the hell hasnt nova gotten a server so when they loose power their whole thing doesnt go to crap? ,or a solution to this over-heating prob i hear about all the time with their server pc's?

i mean damn nova get with it,your one of the last game companys id fight tooth and nail for but all i see is you guys rolling quicker and quicker down a hill to depravity

and not to mention greed

Old 09-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Deadfool=pm= is offline Deadfool=pm=

If this expansion is like TS for BHD then I wont even bother. Got TS, and never used any of the new weapons or characters. I can't believe how fast this expansion is comming considering they just finally released the official map editor 2 weeks ago, and that thing is bugged beyond anything I've seen in a long time.

People haven't even had a chance to fully explore the current version. They should releae it as a free download to pay for the mistakes of the past.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:12 PM
FUBAR~UR is offline FUBAR~UR

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadfool=pm=
If this expansion is like TS for BHD then I wont even bother. Got TS, and never used any of the new weapons or characters. I can't believe how fast this expansion is comming considering they just finally released the official map editor 2 weeks ago, and that thing is bugged beyond anything I've seen in a long time.

People haven't even had a chance to fully explore the current version. They should releae it as a free download to pay for the mistakes of the past.
The map editor is a beta and was just released and now an expanison is what you should have said.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:16 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Well as a mapper this is great news, provided we get some more basic objects to play with.
Lets face it, the community sustains itself with custom stuff so I for one am pleased to have more to play with.

It is a greed issue I would agree. But I am 6 foot 1 and 230 pounds and not particularly muscley neither. I know greed and it's what our economy runs on.
All hail to nova once agine for keeping it real. LOL

Old 09-14-2004, 08:23 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Darn, Can't edit posts in this forum... :: ADMIN!!

Anyhow,

Quote:
Originally posted at NovaWorld
September has arrived, this month means NovaLogic has a couple of exciting events in store! The other [event] is a top-secret announcement that will definitely shake up things. Tune in later this month for that announcement.
One wonders how an add on would 'definitley shake up things' perhaps its going to be a good one...... ?

Old 09-15-2004, 05:38 AM

werll my squad is pulling back if the addon is out and we aint satisfied with the bug fixes.so if theres no stats.or if it still counts as suicide when im killed in a helo.or when u exit the helo u spawn 100 meter off. or practical problems like the nade boats campin the spawns the list goes on i dont want my squad to do this but on the other side its gettin ridiculous. the biggest blunder of all is that they charge astronomical prices for dedicated servers that u cant even use cuz their network is offline.they should lower prices or upgrade the network.but they just choose to let money flow in and do nothing.

they gotta learn they have to do sumtin for our money else we bring it elsewhere.
we have the choise not to play this game if we dont like it and sure as hell we will exercise this right as it looks now.

nova the writings on the wall.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:53 AM

good choice on the title though cuz its an escelation of the problems with j-ops
Old 09-15-2004, 06:30 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i don't buying it, to me JOTR is no then but trash.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-15-2004, 07:53 AM

it had big potential chief adfp but i guess their ego got in the way they have let em self lead by the easy buck instead of going for the harder one that would last much longer.

they meet the needs of the kids who buy these games play em for 2 weeks and move on to some new playstation title.

if they would meet the needs of the comunity we would be buying their games for another ten years.but they choose for the short term policy it looks like now.it would be great if they would keep working on it so also the users who are disatisfied would like it like with lowend systems and i think they would be surprised how popular it would become.but they just keep the conversation with peeps that always love everything they do and pretend the whole comunity sees it that way.

shame for the few that reaLLY tried to make this game succesfull and it could be .
Old 09-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Genocidal~V*D~ is offline Genocidal~V*D~

Send a message via AIM to Genocidal~V*D~
well i think jotr is a good game but its tottaly filled with flaws that i think should be fixed before they decide new stuff should come out.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Darn, Can't edit posts in this forum... :: ADMIN!!
We dont allow that because then people could change what is seen on the frontpage...