Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
real life weapon you love

i was in the US-Army service 1977-1987

weapon i use mostly was M-16/203 and M60 they are my all time favorite weapons i love. and a 10g shotgun! man it hurt like hell to shot it off, but god it lay waste to anything it hit.

please only talk about any weapon you handle in real life and how good it feel to use them!

22cal rifle is sweet and its about the same a M16 weapon rounds use i use both and never has a chance to play around with any sniper rifles in the service. there was a time i was in Scotland train with the UK Air born unit and they had a weapon use a 50cal round combat rifle god it had a wicket kick to it! but i love it as will. it hit something they do fly like crazy backwards lol

M249 Saw i try it before i got out don't think much about it! maybe i was more use to M60
one i would had love to try is that M11 grenade launcher
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-13-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
I've handled some AK47's, P90, M4 assault rifle, 3 different hand guns....... and of course I love my savage 22 cal Stevens model.

I only own the 22 cal, but I would have to say that for CQB combat I really loved the feel of the P90. and for shear power and durability. the ak 47 is unstoppable.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:21 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I've got a Chinese AK on my boat, for use against the crocs, but even bringing it out causes one hell of a fuss with any authorities, I don't take it anywhere 3rd world as I'm bound to get it nicked, it cost me $us 500 but can sell it 3rd world for $5000...crazy.

My current favourite ahh the beautiful well balanced Beretta A391 12g with tin can size
(mag 3.5") shells, for snakes, of course, it blows them to confette, a pity as they do make great belts, crosbolts in front of the trigger guard, for smoother action.

slow is smooth smooth is fast .....lol!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
HappyGoLucky

jus' don't kill them black snakes, I love meh black snakes.

smooth is slow for the un trained, if you're good, you'll be smooth and fast.........
Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 AM

WE got so many you'd run outta ammo before you got then all
the best has got to be the King Brown you gotta google that sk, so mean and down right evil makes darth vader a pansy.
But if you are to get a snake to hold up your jeans, you just don't want to shoot him though, just ruin the belt, Skinny you gotta beat him to death, even a knife wound would rob you of a couple of hundred dollers, so off you go, grap the meanest most deadlist snake in the world and beat that sucker to death with your bare hands.

Or like me at 17, drive over one at 50mph in my uncles Tojo (open suv) mr king brown jumped up to bite the jeep and got wrapped up under the front drive shaft and was moving towards me, no floor in the tojo, I bailed out at about 25mph, woke up in hospital broken arm leg and head....never been the same since
Old 09-14-2009, 07:19 AM
HappyGoLucky

you guys have king snakes in aus? they're black with bright yellow stripes going across their back..... they are harmless, like to leave you alone, and they get rid of all the poisonous snakes.....

I fink we're going off topic again......
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
I bailed out at about 25mph, woke up in hospital broken arm leg and head....never been the same since
You broke your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM
HappyGoLucky

ahh so is that why mermite leaves senseless comments on peoples maps. he broke his head........
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 AM

Observations I have made of the weapons I have had to ENDURE over the years I have been permitted to fire and or own.
THE WORST WEAPON A 000 OUTTA 100, the STEN, first built of bicycle parts during WW2, a 9mm blow back, lucky for the brits they exported them to the french allies, range about 8 feet and just a lethal to the target as to the operator, you have only to drop this thing and it will fire an ENTIRE mag off by the time you hit the deck.

WORST HUNTING RIFLE: US army MI carbine WW2 issue, my dads old pig shooter for years I thought I was a bad shot as I only hunted with the M1, beautiful workmanship,
possibly the best balanced rifle ever, but the barrel was to short for what I needed, just didn't have the HUMF THUD for an instant kill

WORST HUNTING RIFLE 2 Masterkey m4, like many semi military weapons these are really way to light, both in calibre and weapon weight, 5.62 cal if I remember, so to big for snakes and way to light for crocs, gut shoot a human they may bleed to death in about 45 minutes of agony, not much penertation of kevlar either, popular with cops

BEST HANDGUN, I hate pistols, but I've had my 1911-a1 since I was 21, and saved my life many times, twice I've put baddies down with it, and wasn't even loaded, I think they are known as a Govt. 45 in the states, once someone stole my car from a bar
I fired at about 150' right thru the engine block, stopped the car dead, left the theif talking to my friends cattle dogs, .45 calbre is a big bullet and this is the machine you use to launch that bullet
Old 09-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Rifles
M-14
M-4/M-16
6.5mm mauser

Pistols
10mm
.357 sig

The M-14 is one nasty multi use weapon. the military uses them now as light weight semi auto sniper rifles for a very accurate powerful effect.

M-4/M-16 is not the best assualt rifle by far but Ive used one in almost every fight Ive been in Iraq. They take more care and cleaning than most assualt rifles but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Ive never had it jam in a fight and have been able to put 100's of rounds through it without worry of over heating. It will go through kevlar like butter and cenderblock walls easy. And the rounds are small enough that a full combat load does not weight much.

6.5mm mauser is a bolt action rifle Ive used for hunting since I was a little boy. While rounds are hard to come by I started to reload my own and put heavy powder loads in my hunting shells. Its a fairly flat shooting round and can punch through brush good enough for hunting White tail deer.

I can't say enough good things about my 10mm pistol. Not only does it have more power than a .45 it has the percing power of a Magnum. The recoil is between a .45 and a .357 mag. The FBI used the 10mm for awhile but found that not all of their agents could handle the power and recoil of the weapon. I own a Delta Elite 10mm by colt its a 1911 model and has adjustable trigger squeeze as well as combat night sights. rounds are pricey but I wouldn't trade this pistol for anything else as a carry.

The .45 is a legendary pistol that has more history behind it than any other. I currently have four .45's a H&K USP Tactical, A Para full size 1911, a Kimber Combat and a Para Compact. They are cheap to shoot and I love taking them to the range when I home.

.357 SIG is a fairly new round that is a necked down version of the .357 mag so it can be loaded in mags for a Semi Auto. The one I have is not really designed for anything but target shooting but would be a nasty round for home defense aswell. Sadly I really don't know much about this round as I got it before I left for Iraq and have not been able to shoot it but a few times.

For ammo in home defense I used
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon
but now you can't get it and I use regular Hollow Points

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Stephen; 09-15-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:14 AM
HappyGoLucky

I would still rather have an AK47, it's less accurate then the US M16, but it's just plain un stopable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6BpI3xD6h0

I've seen some guy have it so hot that the wooden grips are on fire and it still won't stop shooting. I've seen people bury them in sand, mud, dunk them in water, even bend the barrels around. but nothing you do will stop it from working for you.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:37 AM

10mm rounds are so rare over here it's the re-loaders favourite, yeah and many overload 'em too,
Stephen, we claim to differ over the penertration power of the m4 through kevlar, you may well be correct as I believe the civilian round differs from the standard military round in many respects, using a kevlar helmut as target at about 200m (200yds) was a poor shot for me, and poor target it just ricocheted all over the place.

Many joke here about having heavy calibre handguns are only good for when the croc is actually on top of you, I don't buy that, as if he is on top of you it's to late and you'd be under water, and the weapon useless, but there are many tricks one can use to survive this situation.
That said I'd like to try the IAF 50 cal desert eagle, used by the Israili tank drivers
but don't have a real need for so much firepower, I do have a need for a new keyboard...lol
The M4/M16 as Williams initial post he prefers the 203 attached, if I recall as one fires the M4/M16 it's VERY annoying light weight leap up, would be reduced by having the added weight of the 203, (but not by much) but the most dangerous use of this weapon is the sound, true you know where your friends are and they need help because they are killing or getting killed, (you can hear them shooting) but so can the baddies who may or MIGHT use another weapon, hence another different sound.
Many squads are known to carry the weapon of the baddie just to iniate the attack
then fall back to there own once the attack is underway.

More to come once I sort out the keyboard
Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 AM
HappyGoLucky

LOL, mermite, alot of us are not killing crocs, we are talking about defending against people breaking into our house and such.

actually I think it's ileagal to just go out and kill a croc here in the US. I think you have to have a hunting permit and even then I think you have a limit on how many you can kill. (not exactly sure)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 AM

Oh to be 16 again, skinney, the content of this post by the great 'William' is
"real life weapons you love" not what I do with it, you can't really do much but
pull the trigger anyways, wether it's a thief or croc it don't matter and by the way neither will listen to you anyways....lol, and yes I've had a CROC walking thru my house
with the cat in it's mouth, the good news was we got a new kitchen on the insurance
unfortunatly the wifes cat lived, I sold what was left of the croc to the local natives who sold it to tourists in pieces, and some even went on the BBQ
Aussie saltwater Crocs are not to be messed with they are a very smart, tough, foe
full grown they are about the size of a car and way just as much, and he'll be 2 INCHES from you and you wouldn't know it, and when the mommet is just right he'll SNAP, but gently, he won't bite your leg off, he'll see that as a mistake but he will sink his teeth into you at about the thigh, so fast you wouldn't aim, then quick as a flash drag you backwards into the mangroves, swamp or river.
BUT WAIT THERES MORE:
He'll want to drown you, he'll make sure you won't bleed much as that will attract others, and he don't like to share, once you are nice and co-operative, DEAD! he'll take you down to the bottom of the swamp cooler and darker, and wedge you under a tree root or just gently cover you up, there you will stay, he'll go out on patrol 2-3 times a day, but will return to his lair just to look and smell you, in about 2-3 WEEKS just when you are totally unrecognizable bloated and stinking he will chew off a couple of fingers
just like you hungry, pigging out on fast food, for some crazy reason, and spending about 2 hours chewing of your arm to the elbow he'll go totally crazy, like really mad and gobble you up in about 10 minutes, just as I say he don't wanna share.
He won't want to feed for about a week, but he's smart, as he's got the energy now and theres people still around he'll go out, at about the same sun position as he got you (time) to the place where he heard those noises that got him the last meal,
so yes SK you may describe the Aussie Saltwater CROC as "real life weapon, you love"
hell you have to admire him for his hunting skills.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
HappyGoLucky

lol, well weather it be at cans, crocs (for me cyotes and wolfs) or your mother in law (j/K ) I'd still go with the AK47.