Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 05-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

My computer can't read Deltaforce CD

I recently dug up some old CD's and found some gold but
My computer can no longer read Deltaforce CD - DFBase.pff, for re-install.
Is there anywhere I can download this file? I am a legitimate owner of the original software. Have tried disk doctor at the local Video Store to no avail.

Last edited by Guest001; 05-08-2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Fill in reason for post.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I recently dug up some old CD's and found some gold but
My computer can no longer read Deltaforce CD - DFBase.pff, for re-install.
Is there anywhere I can download this file? I am a legitimate owner of the original software. Have tried disk doctor at the local Video Store to no avail.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (110.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

well, i wouldnt know what to tell you bud, sorry.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
To what extent have you tried to fix the disc? E.g. have you tried cleaning the disc with anything else but a cleaning kit? I'm no expert on this but there's probably a load of ways to try and fix a disc (Google is your friend on this one).
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
hold the disc and tilt it side to side see if there a hair line crack in it, some items a disc will go bad some times or get damage over time of use.

deep scratch or cracks in a disc will do that. resurface the disc to remove scratch in it could fix it, again could be the disc (CD/DVD) player maybe going bad too or its need's tobe clean inside it. disc player cleaner buy them real cheap, they have small bushes on the disc, when inside the disc player they clean the disc reader of any dust that maybe on it. disc damage or any crack in it can make it so it skip over files to read
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
If our FTP server at WTF didnt go down a couple monthes ago I could have helped you with that problem. I may have a solution though...

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 05-22-2010, 05:24 AM

check your PM's Stompem.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
also, clean the disk with soapy water. it's best to use dish soap. rinse it in warm water ONLY. dry it with non-textured paper towels. sometimes it's just smudged with a little oil or something.

if that doesn't work there's always tooth paste, lol. alot of people say that plain tooth paste will buff out scratches. just get you a couple of good blobs of it on the disk and polish it around the entire disk in short circular motions until the paste starts to dry up. then rinse the disk well and make sure it's dry and try it again.

it sounds crazy but I actually used this to repair an old flight simulator game that would no longer work because it was too scratched. so it's worth a try m8.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:54 PM

Thanks to all for being of help. Tried various with varying results and almost success. Trying a new file set to solve the prob
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

good for your bud, Have fun playin Df
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM

Nostalgia
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 PM

toothpaste makes a good polish for many surfaces. If you can get some marble polish it will shine it up better than when it was new. One of the biggest mistakes i see people make with CD's is they place them label side down. the clear side can have small scratches polished out but the label side is the one the data is realy on, get a scratch in that and all you have left is a coaster.

I laugh when i see someone write on the label side with a ball point pen and then wonder why the CD wont work anymore... wich could be the problem you are having. the CD could have gotten hit on the label side but not hard enough to show any damage but the data could have been corrupted. another reason for label down if you dont put the CD back in its case right away.

WTF-Squad

Old 05-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_jet_xX View Post
toothpaste makes a good polish for many surfaces. If you can get some marble polish it will shine it up better than when it was new. One of the biggest mistakes i see people make with CD's is they place them label side down. the clear side can have small scratches polished out but the label side is the one the data is realy on, get a scratch in that and all you have left is a coaster.

I laugh when i see someone write on the label side with a ball point pen and then wonder why the CD wont work anymore... wich could be the problem you are having. the CD could have gotten hit on the label side but not hard enough to show any damage but the data could have been corrupted. another reason for label down if you dont put the CD back in its case right away.
Thanks to you all working fine, big cheer for Xx_jet_xX
Old 05-23-2010, 06:37 AM

yeah proper CD care is very important lol... remember those tips i sent you in PM! better yet burn em to a backup so you always have it.

WTF-Squad