Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:04 AM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

moon landing 1969

what ya think about the moon landing?

am i the only one who thinks it was b/s?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:22 AM
A TIN OF SOUP is offline A TIN OF SOUP

Have a look at this!

The A TIN OF SQUAD http://www.atinof.com
Old 08-24-2003, 11:15 AM
exclusion is offline exclusion

Send a message via ICQ to exclusion
yes i think that it was a hoax at that time, i beleive ppl have been there now etc, but i think that 1 in 1969 was just to prove america was first to land on the moon b4 the russians..
Old 08-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF SOUP
Have a look at this!
Hilarious
Old 08-24-2003, 04:27 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
You gotta love it! Holy ****!!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-25-2003, 04:08 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think they got there Staffy, it's far to elaborate to make up such a story and to what end? It made no difference in the end as the soviet's still had the firsrt orbiting satelite (Sputnik) and the first man in space (Yuri Gagarin) getting to the moon was an end in itself just to prove it could be done.

Mankind has learnt a lot about outer space as a result and many spin off technologies have come from the space programme and the moon landing. The fact is that once it had been done people lost interest and by the Apollo 13 mission no one was tuning in to watch anymore, until things went wrong that is. Plus it was very expensive in monetary terms and the American government was not prepared to spend even more billions of American tax payers dollars once the moon had been reached.

They got there, of that I have no doubt but as to when they or anyone else will go again, well only time will tell.

Regards
Old 08-25-2003, 05:21 AM

interesting baddog

i`ll put my doubts across to you see what ya think

if neil armstrong was the first man on the moon then who filmed him coming down the ladder?

the astronauts supposedley had a snapshot camera around their necks as would any tourist,and a video camera on their helmets.yet the pictures on the front of all the magazines show him coming down the ladder with one leg sticking out.but the video footage show him coming down with both legs straight.or the other way around whichever there is conflict as if shot twice.

forgive me for not having all the anorak facts n figures but i think i`m right in saying that the temperature is either extremely hot or extremely cold on the moon, depending on time and position i would imagine.yet in 1969 we are expected to believe that the cameras and more importantly the film could withstand these temperatures.

what about the radiation barrier around the earth?

let`s not forget the shadows on the footage?

at the time the russians were 10 years ahead of the americans in the space race yet they got there first?

lets be honest with ourselves the way that technology progressess if man went to the moon in 69 by now surely they would have tour operators organizing trips for the wealthy

anyway just a few of my thoughts for you to ponder over.

personally i think that it was a massive government hoax
fuelled by the fact that kennedy said we will put man on the moon by 1970
Old 08-25-2003, 05:39 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
You guys convinced me. The Russians, and for that matter, all the rest of Europe, kick ass, It was all a hoax, and I, as an American, suck bawlz because of that. pfft.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:04 AM

lol
Old 08-25-2003, 06:04 AM

well anyway thats what my dad told me, the americans just wanted to beat the russians to the moon ..
Old 08-25-2003, 06:43 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hello Staffy always good to hear from you!

As I seem to remember the exterior camera was deployed remotely on the outside of the lunar module to capture the firsr step onto the moon.

The camera and the film used at the time were the latest heat and cold resisting materials available i.e. like the capsule that returned to the earth with the astronauts on board, treated to with stand very high temperatures or extremes of cold as to shadows and things looking slightly out of place, rememeber these images were transmittted over a 250,000 miles so you have to allow, given the technology then, for some distortion when they got back to earth plus the time delay from transmission to reception here on earth.

If it was a conspiracy, it surely would have been exposed long before now, the freedom of information act would have exposed it, as we saw in the case of the Watergate scandal, the most powerful people cannot get away with just any thing they choose to do!

I doubt very much that the then Soviet union was that far ahead (perhaps even further behind) of the United States in space exploration. Put simply if they were ahead they would have got there first to put one over their rivals, in the U.S.A.

If it were a hoax then every western government must have been in on it Staffy! It just doesn't add up if you look at the facts, the French alone have always resented American power and surely would have exposed such a huge hoax.

For so many people, the astonauts themselves, everyone who worked at NASA, the entire goverment of the United States, the press and the media would have had to been invovled to carry off the biggest hoax in the history of the world!

The rock samples bought back form the lunar surface have been examined by literally thousands of scientists on earth and proven not have come from the earth, which means that they to would have to be part of a conspiracy.

The U.S.A. would gain nothing in terms of polictical or military advantage by creating such a conspiracy and would have left themselves open to ridicule and certainly loss of international respect on a global scale.

As with so many of these conspiracy theories, some one some where makes money out of perpetuating a myth for their own ends. From the Lock Ness monster to hanger 18 at area 51 (the supposed location on alien bodys) there will always be people who doubt the evidence of their own eyes, they got there, landed and went back again of that I am certain mate.

Warm Regards

Old 08-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Im not sure either way, im sure some /. fan will build a huge telescope sometime to see if the module is there...

The trouble is that i could debunk the "evidence" without really trying to think about it

shadows: more than one light source -buggys -rovers -earth etc

radiation: -Exposure to radiation is missunderstood, ive been up close to a radioactive rock 5ft in diameter multiplte times a week for the past 5 years, never had any ill effects (exept the green glow) its like cigarettes, it aint the tobacco you need to worry about its the crap they add.

crosshairs: Light photography trick, try it and see

no stars: what your seeing is daytime up there

same scene: this got me at first then my mum (mom) explained, its about perception and the human brain, read some psychology textbooks to undertsand (if you can decipher them)

flag waving: applying pressure from different directions to put it into the ground makes it waves

dust: there is gravity on the moon, so the dust does rise and fall in a convex shape like it should (physics)
Old 08-25-2003, 08:47 AM

very nicely put baddog

in fact so nicely put i decided to have a mooch around and found this

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/f...lo.html#crater

mmmmmmm could i be getting converted?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:38 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Staffy!

Well that was absolutely fascinating mate from a member of the scientific community who usesd logic and common sense to debunk the conspiracy theorists and some of the more wild ideas they have.

Blackbelt makes some excellent points in his post too. There always will be some people who will claim it was a hoax but as I said before, they have a vested interest in making a profit from raising these doubts.

It was probably one of the greatest achivements in the history of the world and for the United States, a triumph of technology and the will to make it happen!

Maybe some time soon Nasa will take the decision to take another "giant leap for mankind" and send a manned mission to Mars!

Regards

Old 08-27-2003, 08:05 AM
asadznet is offline asadznet

Send a message via ICQ to asadznet Send a message via AIM to asadznet Send a message via Yahoo to asadznet
well i saw on tv one time that when he was on the moon the flag was movin but it wasnt, what happed?
<iframe src="http://www.softtech.net/sa/stats/forum/wga.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
Old 08-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

asadznet: huh??

Now would beb the right time t go to mars, its closest tonight than it has been for 60k years, infact i can see it out my window.....
Old 08-27-2003, 10:55 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Blackbelt!

Let me know if you can see the "canals" lol lol!!!!

Seriously the scientists says we should be able to get a good view of the red planet with even the smallest telescope.

Regards
Old 09-16-2003, 03:43 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

missed it damn.... it rained the whole day & nite at my place. cant see sh*t.