Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
CoyoteCDS is offline CoyoteCDS

Send a message via ICQ to CoyoteCDS
BMS 2 MIS converter

When is some one going to make a BMS to MIS converter for DF Xtreme. I lost all my mission files from my server when it crashed and need to convert my BMS files to MIS files. there has been one for every DF game out till DF:X If anyone knows of one for DF:X please let me know thanks

DFV- Coyote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Bully-Dog is offline Bully-Dog

I heard somewhere, i think DF Barracks, that someone was makin one but i dont know for sure. give it a few weeks and there will probably be one out.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the maker of them in the pass was pappy from novasheep.com in the pass he made some great ones...he did tell me he was going to get to it when he has some free time to do it up.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-19-2006, 09:10 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

& a BMS to NPZ Converter?

Also would it be possible to have a BMS to NPZ Conterter?

I don't know much about it, but I have noticed that the average size {kb-wise} of the .npz files is smaller, than the average size of an identical .bms file. QUESTION: Does that translate to less likelihood of lag on big maps?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
I talked to Pappy as well and he told me the same Chief but looks as if he never had time to!If im not mistaken someone already made one i thought which i will check into!I do know they have a NPJ-MIS Converter already!

http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...et_file&id=324

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 AM

yes there is an NPJ to MIS but it will not convert the DF Xtreme BMS files. I know it is just a $20 game and Nova is not supporting it anymore, but there are a lot of people playing it. So if Pappy gets time maybe he can make one for BMS to MIS for DFX
Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
It might be a while longer but i do know one more person maybe 2 that made one for other games also i think i could ask!

Im working to ask FWO Raven if i can find him!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 03-20-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Alucard-NGS- is offline Alucard-NGS-

to awnser DC_scouts question about a BMS to NJP file just use nile on the MIS file... besure its not a coop map, As it will not convert properly because Nile is a useless piace of crap.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
dejchezy is offline dejchezy

YEAH WE WANT BMS 2 MIS !!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 PM

Well i talked with someone new and he said he wasnt interested!So if you know any good coders like Conda and so on who have made programs might want to try asking them or even asking friends who are good at coding!I have asked Dstructr at moment who directed me to another guy i sorta know from while back like i said both werent interested!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
dejchezy is offline dejchezy

ah crap
Old 03-27-2006, 03:10 PM

Well what i got to say is!

My fellow gamers of Delta Force!It is the time we join together and find the coders good enough to build the DFX BMS 2 MIS Converter.With the combination of ideas from us all we can create a perfect device good enough to do what is needed!If you really want this program you will ask around like i am doing!

I figured there were quite a few good coders around NovaHQ these days maybe Steve or Trilogy maybe even Mike would know of some if not thereself

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
JakeTKD is offline JakeTKD

Send a message via AIM to JakeTKD
Quote:
Originally posted by Bully-Dog
I heard somewhere, i think DF Barracks, that someone was makin one but i dont know for sure. give it a few weeks and there will probably be one out.
Great, now people are going to take my maps and change them and clam they made them. That happend once on DF2, very rude!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:05 AM
Chief ADFP

will it happens all the time, and some take good part they like and copy and past it into their maps.

anyways don't see what the big time pain is for DF: Xtreme there is a BMS to Nile then out, but most hate nile big time.

i not crazy about nile at all. i take a map editer over nile anyday. C4 map editor version even.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:43 AM

well if you are a great map maker and you have maps out on the game community, and people know your maps like they do mine, then if someone else takes them it is no matter, as everyone will know it is yours, and it was renamed or stolen.

When I release a Map I always include the BMS and MIS file, I look at it this way.......... IF they want to STEAL it and calim it is their work, then they will have to answer to a higher power someday.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JakeTKD
Great, now people are going to take my maps and change them and clam they made them. That happend once on DF2, very rude!
Well be sure to inform me at GamersAssault when you post any maps and i will take note so if i see any come through i will see to it there banned permanetly for plaguarism if Guppy is ok with it which im sure he would be for something like that.

Guppy has been too busy t oset up the script for the MAP DB but i will let all know when it is up!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 03-31-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteCDS
well if you are a great map maker and you have maps out on the game community, and people know your maps like they do mine, then if someone else takes them it is no matter, as everyone will know it is yours, and it was renamed or stolen.

When I release a Map I always include the BMS and MIS file, I look at it this way.......... IF they want to STEAL it and calim it is their work, then they will have to answer to a higher power someday.
LMAO i dont know your maps Im a map maker myself the only problem is im always gaming other games i get till i wear them out.I dont create maps like i have been real busy this past year.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
DC_Scout_67 is offline DC_Scout_67

Important

Quote:
Originally posted by JakeTKD
The purpose of a BMS to MIS converter, is to fix Glitches before hosting the map, not to plagiarize. I have been making maps for DFLW for over 4 and a half years, as well as hosting the game. I have made 104 LW maps and all are posted here on NovaHq.net.

I have found the BMS to MIS converter to be an extremely useful tool for game hosts, because a lot of map makers get in WAY to big of a hurry to post a map. I have found serveral, that were posted as DM maps, and there were not a single Start Deathmatch spawns on the map, only Start Player spawns, which are for Single Player and COOP only. I have found several with spawns under buildings, or in buildings like the single story and two story barracks, which have no interior and no way out. I have seen numerous buildings with corners of buildings up in the air, when lowering the building or putting a simple foundation like a one story barracks lowered in the ground totally solves the problem. I have seen a multitude of over-lapped objects and buildings with that very annoying flickering, (some so bad the map is useless); when at couple of taps on the arrow keys on every other overlapped object or building, and NO MORE FLICKERING. I have found cool Tunnel maps with a missing tunnel piece that was accidently deleted, or placed at the wrong Z height, makingthe map WORTHLESS for hosting, etc., etc. Plus if you ever fry your hard drive, (like I did last Summer), and you do not have the MIS files of your own maps on a CD, you will absolutely need the BMS to MIS utility to edit any of your maps, after you downlownd your own maps, lol. (Funny, I was not laughing at the time.)

Now those are the kind of Glitches, that the BMS to MIS utility is designed to help the host fix. And does the downloaded maps with glitches problem carrier over to DFX, you bet it does! I have already found the same kind of "in a hurry" glitches on maps that I have downloaded. Granted the Name of the Map should never be changed, and the original Author's name should always remain on the MIS file, but to think the Utility was made so people could steal your map, IS JUST WRONG. Besides, every object on anyone's map, belongs to NovaLogic.

I too, have started putting the MIS file in wth my upload ZIP. I put a lot of time into a map, just to make it a quality map for my "DC's--DM_host plays" site on DFX, so if anyone want to put more time into it, to convert it to TDM, CTF, or any of the other types of maps, GO FOR IT, and have FUN!

Last edited by DC_Scout_67; 04-02-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Chief ADFP

DC_Scout_67
i agreed 100% its only the bad apples that take it to rip off maps, over all it think its a great tool to fix badly made maps and cover glitched/bad spots item in a map.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:48 AM

My Point Exactly! or as in my case, I lost all my MIS files when my puter crashed, I had all the maps stored in my FTP game server but not the MIS files. Trust me from now on I will save the MIS files to my FTP as well. Just hope Conda or some one will take the time to make one for DFX. I am not a coder so it is out of my realm of knowledge.