Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
what Scifi game you love to play all the time?

i looking for a new game maybe get into that is like a Scifi game.

Scifi or fantasy type.

like maybe Finall fantasy XI or some other fighter/shooter Scifi game.

made some time in last 3yrs 2002-2005

i don't like a game loading maps to download as you play it, thats kills it 10min to wait for a new map to load up do to the server is hosting the map in not in the game. thats kill game time.

sorry guys to some who like to play a real life fighter gunshooting type games, after 1999-2005 playing mostly fighter gun shooting games its getting old. like to play something new and using of new scifi weapons that are not normal type.

i don't even care if it: Scifi/fantasy/Race type game. i love to play and have a blast in game time.

NFS: Under ground was a blast and same for Halo CE.

if you think there a game thats is funny as hell tell me about it.

real life games blow big time tire of it.

i would not mind it to much if JOTR had a scifi MOD for it, but lets face it BF 1942 Vs JOTR when it come to mods there is not any really for JOTR other then one or two mods made for it. other then that BF 1942 kills JOTR in a long run.

Crap BF 1942 has over 300-MODs for it. JOTR has maybe two Big mods rest are all limited and most not even being hosted.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-28-2005 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

hmmm well theres star wars battlefront 1 and 2...basically like battlefield but...star wars
ummm.....UT2004...u want mayhem play that

does Deus Ex count as sci-fi?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Area 51 isn't a bad SCi-Fi shooter Chief.....

Warm Regards and a Happy New Year to you and yours brother
Old 12-31-2005, 11:00 AM
JonM is offline JonM

If your looking for just shooters then this game probaly isn't for you, but if you are looking for hardcore strategy playing then try Warcraft III. If you are at all intrested I can describe the game more. It falls under the fantasy category.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Chief ADFP

Warcraft to me is more like a chess game, movie items around to win. na

mostly a first person view type game, sample DF: Serials and so on. were you see through the eyes of the charter you are using, it can be said same for Halo CE.

na i do understand Warcraft may have gone that way in some ways not 100% on that.

will my tower is taken a crap think the mother broad is going dead getting all type of error and windows Xp is not working 100% like it use to. think i have to get a bare bone kits soon. add-in all my hardware into it. USD-300.00 Max for a bare bone kit. i can't even do a repair chkdsk /p at all even getting error can't load dlls from the Windows Cd ether. had a bad cable to the Cd trays think it scew up the mother broad
Old 12-31-2005, 12:20 PM
JonM is offline JonM

hey cool, like i said wc3 may not be your thing . Umm. I know UT 2005 or whtever is way popular out where I am, I find it fun, but can't get too into it (more of the realistic type still lol)
Old 12-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
FreeLancer I suppose it comes under SciFi, I play it now and again....
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Elite-
hey cool, like i said wc3 may not be your thing . Umm. I know UT 2005 or whtever is way popular out where I am, I find it fun, but can't get too into it (more of the realistic type still lol)
Realistic? UT? I dont think so lol Not with plasma/laser stuff and ion cannons and personal nuclear weapons...not with sapce fighters and gigantic mobile fortresses...oh and dont forget the aliens...

when u said SCI-FI shooter through the eyes of the character chief, it hit me. Its not on PC, but...Killzone is defenately a good one. Just pulling out a weapon or reloading gives the impression of being in that soldier's boots. Then a rocket screams past your head and all sorts of projectiles start exploding all around you. You know...shaking screen etc etc.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:52 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
The Thing was a good game its Single Player! Wish they had more gmaes like it but i think Extermanation for PS2 is in a way related to it!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
I know how ya feel, Cheif. I've always loved realistic shooters like Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, etc but they do get old. Latley i've been playing more of the popular games like Half-Life 2 and Ut2004. I just had to take a break from realism.

One great - REALLY Sci-Fi game you might want to try is F.E.A.R. It's got a really gut-wrenching (Scary) single player storyline. It's like you're acutally playing a horror movie. Check it out: http://www.whatisfear.com/us/

Another Sci-Fi game that i'v really been looking forward to is "Stargate: Alliance". It's based off of Stargate SG-1 on T.V. It's still in development, but it has been for a while. Hopefully the game will be worth waiting for!

It's official site: http://stargate-alliance.com/index.php?flash=1

And here's a great fan site (Lots of inside info): http://www.stargate-gaming.com/site/

I hope you find a good, new game! I highly reccomend FEAR. Cheers!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Yea i like FEAR been waiting to get it i know its good but i like where people change into aliens when infected games like that!I know Area 51 is good except i didnt suspect id get a new laptop this fast so few months back gave it to my other CO, for *

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 01-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Yea i like FEAR been waiting to get it i know its good but i like where people change into aliens when infected games like that!I know Area 51 is good except i didnt suspect id get a new laptop this fast so few months back gave it to my other CO. for *CP* Jarhead!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
WoW is my all time fantisy game. in fps sci fi, its probably gonna be halo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 01-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by TeeJay
WoW is my all time fantisy game. in fps sci fi, its probably gonna be halo.
i love Halo CE, but i wish they made Halo 2 for Cdrom, don't feel like spending USD-100.-200. for a game consul at all, plus they phase the consul out thats the end of the game. sadly i only play Cdrom base games.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:30 PM

If u try The Thing u might like it but it did p*** me off cause at the last level as soon as i wooped the last monster where game ends it always crashed everytime i won game on Windows ME but good thing i have gamesaves i can try it on XP it might let me see ending now!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 01-14-2006, 01:02 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
Originally posted by Visor*CP*/visor_dflw
If u try The Thing u might like it but it did p*** me off cause at the last level as soon as i wooped the last monster where game ends it always crashed everytime i won game on Windows ME but good thing i have gamesaves i can try it on XP it might let me see ending now!
big run on sentence lol. Took me a min to understand what you where talking about.

I wasnt a big fan of h2 on console all the much but I loved h1. the bad thing about h1 is that it is not made for online play. When the game came out for xbox, there was no xbox live, only system link(lan). Then people found out about a program called xbc(xbox connect) and people played up there. It got huge. The lag and delay was terrible, like it is on pc, and soon tournaments poped up all around the US. If they only made it to support online play and such, it would run a lot smoother for xbc and the pc version because it would be developed. THen when it came out for pc, tehy basically just copied to files and such over for pc and changed small little things. so what you play on pc is what its like to play on xbc. Very laggy, lots of delay and it gets annoying.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser