Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-28-2003, 08:27 PM
DRKEagle is offline DRKEagle

Snipers in Delta Force

I am a member of sniper only squad in DF LW and TFD.
his appears to be a dieing breed of squad on DF. We try to follow the traditional role of the sniper and in doing so have made ourselves a target for much criticisim. (in example:
being called cheaters, glitchers, noobs.)

The following is an excerp from a training manule and the definition of the word sniper.

Main Entry: 2snipe
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): sniped; snip·ing
Date: 1832
1 : to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage

At distances over 300yds, snipers usually attempt body shots, aiming at the chest and depending on hydrostatic shock to make the kill. At lesser distances, snipers may attempt head shots to assure the kill. In instant-death hostage situations, police snipers shoot for the cerebellum, a small knob just behind the spinal cord at the base of the brain. It controls voluntary movement.

Snipers use deception, in the form of camouflage, unusual angles of approach, and frequent, often slow movement to prevent accurate counter-attacks. Some snipers are able to shoot an observant target from less than 100 yards, while the target is searching for them. Further, they can do this without being seen.

To perform suppressive fire during an assault, a sniper locates an enemy firing loupe, times the appearance of the enemy, and shoots the enemy through the head over his own sights.

To perform suppressive fire to cover a retreat, a sniper positions his hide with a view to a large open space. When a pair of squads attempts a crossing, the sniper disables one person, preferably a leader. Most often this is a hip shot, possibly followed by a jaw shot to prevent effective instruction. When the squad attempts a rescue, the sniper uses rapid fire, aiming for the trunks of enemy soldiers to kill as many men as possible with hydrostatic shock. A prudent sniper leaves the area at this point, anticipating the flanking attack that normally follows. A brave or desperate sniper may ambush one of the flanks.

To perform civil pacification, sniper-suppression, and intelligence a sniper or pair of snipers will locate themselves in a high, concealed redoubt. They will use binoculars or a telescope to identify targets, and a radio to provide intelligence. They will then shoot according to their rules of engagement.

In severe civil unrest, snipers may be instructed to kill any person carrying a weapon and not in a friendly uniform.

A sniper identifies targets by their appearance and behavior. Snipers shoot people in high-rank uniforms, or that talk to radiomen, or that sit as passengers in a car, or who have military servants, or that talk and move their position more frequently than others. If possible, snipers shoot in descending order by rank, or if rank is unavailable, they shoot to disrupt communications.

With heavy .50-calibre rifles, snipers can shoot turbine disks of parked jet fighters, missile guidance packages, expensive optics, or the bearings, tubes or wave guides of radar sets. Snipers on hill-tops can often shoot down scout helicopters lurking below a ridge-line. A related use is to shoot locks or hinges instead of using a door-opening charge.

If there are any true sniper squads in DF (any of the games)
please visit our site and our ops page at

www.svdsquad.us
www.svd-ops.org

we would be glad to hear from you.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:18 AM
InsaneCrazy is offline InsaneCrazy

thats a cool excerp. what manual is it from?

~Delta Force is not a game, it's a way of life~
Old 08-19-2003, 05:30 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think snipers are an important part of the DF games and besides, if you don't want a sniper on your server it is simple enough to block their weapons.

Regards
Old 08-19-2003, 04:02 PM
sks.carbon is offline sks.carbon

Send a message via Yahoo to sks.carbon
I'll respect a sniper as long as he doesn't prone. That about covers it.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:12 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by sks.carbon
In other words as long as he makes himself an easy target for you? Need him to turn his back and jump up and down as well?
Old 08-19-2003, 04:40 PM
exclusion is offline exclusion

Send a message via ICQ to exclusion
snipers if u ask me are the guys with the real skill, i think it is a harder job to hide in the hills againts other snipers, than it is to play cqb and just keep respawn killing each other, i have run squads, snipers impress most squad leaders more..
Old 08-19-2003, 05:58 PM
MÂÐлûß« is offline MÂÐлûß«

Send a message via ICQ to MÂÐлûß«
Quote:
Originally posted by CapN'Colostomy
In other words as long as he makes himself an easy target for you? Need him to turn his back and jump up and down as well?

Whoa, whoa,whoa , Your NOT suppose to jump up and down when sniping , and as for turning your back I thought that was mandatory that way the enemy can't see the whites of your eye's
Old 08-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
sniper are cool and i do it from time to time but the only games where i think it takes real skill is df1 and df2 cuz u can hide in the grass and the shots have to be lead more on those games than the others

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 08-19-2003, 08:28 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
I on the other hand thought that's why it was easier to snipe in DF and DF2. The grass.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:10 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by exclusion
snipers if u ask me are the guys with the real skill, i think it is a harder job to hide in the hills againts other snipers, than it is to play cqb and just keep respawn killing each other, i have run squads, snipers impress most squad leaders more..
I agree, snipers who learn how to shoot and move can be the hardest things to hit on the battlefield.

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 08-20-2003, 05:36 AM
exclusion is offline exclusion

Send a message via ICQ to exclusion
i had a team of snipers, all ex .fd. from dflw whoaaaa that was a team..
Old 08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
InsaneCrazy is offline InsaneCrazy

Quote:
Originally posted by CapN'Colostomy
I on the other hand thought that's why it was easier to snipe in DF and DF2. The grass.
there's grass in bhd too. plus with the .300 u can go way out to snipe

~Delta Force is not a game, it's a way of life~
Old 08-20-2003, 03:09 PM
§láshèr™«FR» is offline §láshèr™«FR»

Send a message via ICQ to §láshèr™«FR»
Quote:
should i ware my orange hunter jump suit aswell? lol

Turn and fight or lay there and get slit!
Your blood will stain my blade either way!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 AM
asadznet is offline asadznet

Send a message via ICQ to asadznet Send a message via AIM to asadznet Send a message via Yahoo to asadznet
this person iknoe who plays DFTFD hes the best, his name is Tru

he got alot of kiilz, too big of a number to say...
<iframe src="http://www.softtech.net/sa/stats/forum/wga.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
Old 09-17-2003, 03:53 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

snipers work best in prone position. nobody snipes while standing. Snipers are suppose to relocate everytime they make their kills... this is to avoid detection. Snipers are the eyes of a squad. the heavy gunners ar the muscle of the squad & the cqbs are the engine of the squad. If I'm gonna be within a team of six, this is my favourite squad 'configuration':

1 sniper
1 medic
3 cqbs
1 gunner

but it all depends on the mission you're in. I've always liked the urban warfare. For that I'd recommend my sniper to use the m21 for the rate of fire.... but if it's an open ground warfare... I'd recommend em to use the tactical for distance.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by animal_mutha
nobody snipes while standing
I assume you are talking about bhd?

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 09-18-2003, 05:50 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

BHD yupp... any tips?

well of coz i could snipe while flying, jumping & rolling in MDK though...hehehe
Old 09-24-2003, 11:30 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

mmm I don't agree with your prone position comment. I never prone. Me sit and shoot. Always. Heck I've gone head to head with my trusty M21 against people who have had M240 Of course the results are mixed

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-25-2003, 12:51 PM
USrecon is offline USrecon

Send a message via AIM to USrecon
Quote:
LMFAO You should respect the sniper that shoots you not the one that you kill.

I only play black hawk down and due to my lousy connection (28.8k) I always snipe. That way I don't lag the CQB action as much and because I'm pretty decent at it.
Most people that know me will tell you, I'm annoying as all hell. I have had two or three people come looking for me and i don't get killed that often .i will tell you right now if you think it's easier to place one very precise shot into an opponent's head than it is to just grab an automatic weapon and spray and pray.... well then you need to think again.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Black6~ODA~ is offline Black6~ODA~

Send a message via ICQ to Black6~ODA~
hearing people talk good about snipers like myself just makes my day, lol. Almost no one will stick up for the sniper in a server, we are always called noobs, or just plain punted or banned. I've been sniping since DF1 which was like 1998 I think, and I've seen more compliments in here than from anyone else I've ever met in these few years. I guess really its a continuation of history, since the civil war sharpshooters have been looked down upon, called cowards, tortured, even by their own so-called side. So why not continue it a game? Some people will never learn.

I will also add, we can see who truly volunteered their time and life to their cause. Because we who have, wouldn't say war is fought fair with rules. Now I'm getting carried away, lol. But you get the point, I appreciate the support, and for those you who feel I should snipe with rules, like standing up, or just not at all; I say to you, DREAM ON... Because thats all you'll have left.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed