Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-21-2003, 06:03 PM
NinjaStrike is offline NinjaStrike

Ping Times

I keep getting booted out of games because it says my ping times are above those allowed by the server. Is there anything I can do about this?
Old 09-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
what connection are you using?
what kind of ping limits are the servers using?
Old 09-21-2003, 08:08 PM

It's 56k and I get booted from almost every server I play on.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Black6~ODA~ is offline Black6~ODA~

Send a message via ICQ to Black6~ODA~
you probably are going to have to get a broadband connection. 56k just don't cut it anymore.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Smile

Your probbaly thinling of 156k!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:44 PM

It works fine on some servers, and I would get a better connection but it's not available where I live. Best thing I could get would be a satelite connection which would $500 to set up then it's $60 a month for service.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:16 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
satelite aint working good for games. Your download is good very good but the upload is limited.
Because you have to call in through a phoneline, and afte you called in your satelite con. goes up.

( dont know quite sure if thats everywhere or if they already have found out new things for it. Havent been watching that technolgy lately. More interested in f*cking up my broadband for more speed. )

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-23-2003, 04:53 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by katana*GFR*
satelite aint working good for games. Your download is good very good but the upload is limited.
Because you have to call in through a phoneline, and afte you called in your satelite con. goes up.

( dont know quite sure if thats everywhere or if they already have found out new things for it. Havent been watching that technolgy lately. More interested in f*cking up my broadband for more speed. )
SDSL Speeds
Downstream Upstream

384 kbpsz__384 kbps

1.5 Mbps___1.5 Mbps

7 Mbps_____7 Mbps

ADSL Speeds
Downstream/Upstream

384 kbps___128 kbps

1.5 Mbps___384 kbps

7 Mbps_____1.5 Mbps

The "S" in SDSL stands for symmetric which means that the speed you send data is the same as the speed at which you receive data. Spectrum Net Designs offers SDSL so your upstream and downstream speeds are the same. SDSL is designed for business applications because so many applications require high-speed connectivity for data applications.

The "A" in ADSL stands for asymmetric. This means that the speed you send data is not the same as the speed you receive data. Your upstream speed is slower than your downstream speed. ADSL was designed for residential use where the user is usually more concerned with downloading larger amounts of information and does not have too many applications of sending large files or data.

DIRECWAYTM (formerly known as DirecPC)
supply Satellite Internet DSL connection.
Just because you're not eligible for DSL or cable-modem access doesn't mean a high speed connection is out of reach. With EarthLink Satellite, powered by DIRECWAY™ (formerly known as DirecPC), the sky's the limit. Literally. If you have a PC and a clear, unobstructed view of the southern sky, chances are you qualify.

not only earthlink can do this other DSL Providers are out there you have to look around

info so you can look around there are many way to get DSL connected. and i do beleave on stormy day it may get some what bad can't say to much how good it is, i been looking around a bet my self. i live in the country side also.

satelite dish hookup dose cost a bet more then normal type of hookup dose.
"DSL Service Providers and Availability Search" click-here to see
"DIRECWAY with DIRECTV Programming click-here see their site"

my self i been try to see if i can get all my bills under one plan to cover my phone service and have dsl in it also. at a lower cost rate. at this time nothen out there still looking
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-23-2003 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:45 AM
Julio is offline Julio

2-way satellite is not intended for latency-sensitive games like DF. Check the FAQs on their websites.

Geo-stationary satellites have a 500 ms latency due to speed-of-light limits and the distance involved (each packet has to go 22 K miles up and 22K miles back down). Throughput is good for web browsing but you have to install a special TCP/IP stack that spoofs both ends of every TCP connection to prevent TCP's congestion control features from seeing the long satellite latency as congestion and auto-throttling.

If you try to use satellite Internet service for DF or other games, you will see 500 ms added to the normal Internet ping rates. Most FPS games are unplayable with that kind of ping.

Julio
Old 09-28-2003, 06:41 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
oi oi Chief ADFP thx for the heads-up. Got me something learned again. Maybe i do have to watch that technology....

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 10-09-2003, 01:33 PM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

Quote:
Originally posted by Black6~ODA~
you probably are going to have to get a broadband connection. 56k just don't cut it anymore.
i'm on a 56k connection.... yup i've noticed that its getting from bad to worst nowadays. But I've met a couple of guys still using the 28k connection though. The best place for low pings ar the nova servers. I used to love playing in the PR Normandy servers... but with my connection... i can't cut it anymore. sighhhh.... its quite boring to be playing in the nova server over & over again. damnit... i cant afford those broadbands....
Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM
V99 is offline V99

Send a message via AIM to V99
well I only play in the demo cuz I got a warz version of the full version of BHD So there no Nova servers in demo!

and me on 56k, most of the time me ping @ 800-100

but on good servers me got 300-500 !
Old 10-10-2003, 08:39 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

yup.... i usually play at 600 - 800 ping... sometimes if i'm lucky, i'll get to play at 300 - 500. That's as good as 56k gets. Bare with us "broadband" people... We wanna play too...