Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 AM
MattChicago30 is offline MattChicago30

Novaworld and In-Game Password Recovery Help

Dear Novhq,

Do you know if there is a problem with the password recovery or in-game password recovery? for some reason every time i go to novaworld.com and do the "forgot password" it give me a nice server error, then i tried it on my game and i never got a email back from novalogic, then i tried to email support@novalogic.com and nothing has came back yet.

I am getting a lil annoyed since if people paid for the game they should be able to login at anytime without any headache or issues, my username on the game is MattChicago30

The games i have are

Joint Ops - Typhoon Rising
Joint Ops - Escalation

IF any of you all work for novalogic or novaworld can you possibly flush your email que and or Qmail so emails can submit properly thru your network, or well answer your support emails in a timely fashion.

*Update*

I had went to novaworld.com and did this except nothing came back to my email yet but here is the message it gave me.

Request NovaWorld Account Password

Code:
An email has been sent to admin@newmusicpromote.com with an activation code.  
Click on the link in the email or enter your activation code and email address here. 

Please do not enter your password as the activation code. Use the code sent to you in email.
Any Suggestions?

Last edited by MattChicago30; 11-25-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
they are redoing it and been for some time they have not fix it, you are not the only one having this trouble...

think they did something and stop all support for their games totally

their hot line support is no more and their support is dead now days
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i have the same problems with their system Matt. think ive used 8 cd keys now, even bought bhd again 2 weeks ago just to register on NW, and got a ton of server error messages through the process which stored my cd key and email address, so i'm back at square one except i spent some money in the process... hmpf
Old 11-25-2008, 07:04 AM

It sucks thou since i just need a new password lol, i am not trying to register a new game since i already have had the game registered for some time now.. Sucks to be me right about now

Matt
Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Have you tried the process through novaworld2.com?

as all the accounts have been transfered over there maybe it would work.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM

no they have not thats a "invite" only website.

Statement on Contact Page on Novaworld2.com

This site is not open to the public for login or signup
Only people expressly invited by Novalogic Inc. are able to login / signup
If you did not receive an invite from us then that means you cannot login to this site. Please don't ask for a login; we will let you know if and when we need additional testers. Complaints that you 'can't login' or 'can't signup' will be ignored unless you were legitimately given credentials to login to this site by a Novalogic employee.
When this site is ready for public login and/or signup there will be an announcement on the Novaworld.com forums

Matt

Last edited by MattChicago30; 11-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
thought you said you already had an account? As far as I know, any one who has an active account on novaworld.com has one an novaworld2.com, as they copied the accounts over.

they have a password recovery link, you just need to know the email address you signed up with. I just clicked the "lost password" link and it brought up a form asking for my email address. Whether or not it works beyond that, don't know. Didn't bother trying as I know my password lol.

Thats weird that you got the message - I never received an invite email and I'm able to sign in lol
Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM

nope i am registered on the novaworld.com website and thru the game however i tried to see on the novaworld2.com game and nothing.

Matt

This was from Novaworld.Com site doing a password recovery.

NovaWorld Error

The server has encountered an error. Please try your request again later.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I could try ask the staff for you, on NW2...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 PM

That would be great if you can ask one of the network admins over there to email me
admin@newmusicpromote.com thats my email address the game is also registered under.

Matt

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
I could try ask ravenn for you, on NW2...
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Yes, please find out what's going on. It would be a crying shame to not be able to play stats on BHD / or play JO online at all for those of us who need a new password or those of us who got deleted for inactivity...

... Not to mention everyone who has bought the game since this has been going on. Anyone know how long this has been happening?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 PM

I made a thread on NW2 about the issue and I've even PMed ravenn (it was a bit weird since he's DFAF's artist director, but he's the closest guy I know, and he's a real nice guy ), and I haven't recieved a response. I'm 95% sure he's already read the PM, but he probably hasn't answered because he can't fix the issue or doesn't know what's going on.

Unfortunately if we get no response, then you guys might have to wait till next year for NW2 to be finished.

Everyone's been having probs lately with registration lately...

There's another guy I can PM on NW2 who is part of staff (he's the developer of NW2 I think), but he's said hasn't got admin control on NW1 (damn!).
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Okay, I have an update: If you register an account on NW, you can still play even if you don't get your activation emails, and it will still track your stats. I just registered an account yesterday and played on JO and saw it was tracking my stats on NW. You can add in CD-Keys of other games you want to play in the game itself so that is not an issue. This is a relief Of course, I bet people will still do what I did: get worried and not even try to play the games until their email comes. Perhaps an announcement should be made on the NW2 forums or NW about this? I hope this is all ironed out once NW2 is finished. It's been happening at least since august (based on peoples' posts about it) and it would be a shame to just abandon on their old games in favor of NW2.

However, without the activation email you cannot read / post on the forums, upload an avatar, or login on the NW site. Some features like pressing the "My Character" page in JO will complain you need to be logged in (when you already are), but that's no biggie.

On a side note: Does anyone know why the in-game stats page in Black Hawk Down was removed? I remember they did this some time ago. You can still read your BHD stats out-of-game, but it's just not the same. I think I understand why login was forced in BHD, so people can no longer play public games with a banned account, or cheat in public servers without risking their account being banned.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:58 PM

I have also tried that since i could not login to my game via the game so i had requested a password via the game and it said it was being dispatched to my email however nothing came thru so my email address is in limbo since non of novalogics emails are coming thru so i cannot re-activate my password or assign a new one since i have not gotten a recovery email from both the game and also the website.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks if you can check back on the forums there and see if there is any updates that would be wonderfull..

Matt

Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
Yes, please find out what's going on. It would be a crying shame to not be able to play stats on BHD / or play JO online at all for those of us who need a new password or those of us who got deleted for inactivity...

... Not to mention everyone who has bought the game since this has been going on. Anyone know how long this has been happening?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 AM

Quote:
All new account creation is now routed over to www.novaworld2.com. Novaworld2 is now the place for account management.
That's a good sign... NW1 sucks!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Ok, that's cool. Just logged in using my [still un-activated account] on NW2 and it's looking good. However, I still would like to get my confirmation email from NW1 so I can upload an avatar there and at least look at the forums (as I believe the NW1 forums are still the most used ones). Plus some people still lost their password!

But if everything including the stats will be moved over to NW2 that's okay. I just want to make sure I'm not going to have to trash the account I just made because of not getting that confirm email.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 AM

Thanks for your help my issue has been resolved after 3 weeks. All services have been restored.
also the novaworld2.com site is totally migrated over from what i heard as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
I could try ask the staff for you, on NW2...
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Quote:
Originally posted by MattChicago30
Thanks for your help my issue has been resolved after 3 weeks. All services have been restored.
also the novaworld2.com site is totally migrated over from what i heard as well.
Hmmm.... Still can't get my activation email...

Also, there is still no ability to view full player stats on NW2.com
Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM

No stat pages yet on NW2, but there are official Nova stat sigs in your profile...