Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
RollEyes Warning on banning on DFBHD.exe

NovaWorld has started to ban players for using the No Cd Patch they will not warn you about it at all.
it started in DF:BHD game area may pass on to other Games to, better be safe then sorry.

they will scan your game.exe and if they find the game.exe has been change your automatic banned from their server.

Novaworld PR has said this in their Novaworld.com forum pass it on to all to save them from getting banned from their servers. best start using your Game Cd.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-26-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:54 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
And what if scanning for the exe is a violation of certain rules? I think they just cant do that like that. I know overhere its a violation to scan computers for whatever without permission from the owner.

And then im not talking about the antivirus stuff and so buit the scanning that Nova wants to do.

ps i havent read there post about it yet.. So i might get back on my words lol. 3 forums that i read when i come home. my own forums this 1 and maybe Nova's after that.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Chief ADFP

Full story: ref; dfbhd.exe they are scanning for modify one.

From Novaworld.com forum: thread: Topic: can nova make a statement
By: u.Stef
Posted: 25 September 2003 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
=============================
please regarding all the players that got banned the 23rd of september?

Even a new guy who played 6 minutes got banned. I mean, comon at least explain to your community what happened here!

thx in advance
=============================
By: NovaWorld PR
Admin Group
Reply:
Posted: 25 September 2003 at 5:33pm | IP Logged

We detected that they were running .exe's that had been tampered with. This is why they were banned.

Marcus

==============================

=========================
CYNiC. wrote:
Question:

I have a no cd crack, because i have problems with my cd drive and it takes like 2 minutes for the game to start. Is that considered tampering with the .exe?
=========================

By:War Pig CGS
Reply:
I'm having a feeling it is. Suspending players that have no-cd crack is one way of Nova getting rid of people who are using illegal copies. You can't run a warez copy unless you have a no-cd crack. I hate the load times myself, but if Nova is putting their foot down like it seems they are I'm not taking the chance. Trainers don't mess with the .exe as far as I know, they are seperate programs that run in the background while the game is running.

============================
By: SSGWarHog-USA
Posted: 26 September 2003 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

Two issues here gentlemen,

First off in reference to the no cd patch

A no CD patch is in violation of our End User License Agreement.

Rule 5:
You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play.

Second people who have illegal downloaded or illegal copies of BHD especially since Novalogic has been gracious enough to donate portions of the sale of BHD to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation located at http://www.specialops.org/

which assists the families and children of military members lost in combat.So "DID YOU GET THAT! ! ! ! ! ! !

As a Vietnam Veteran who has lost buddies who left children behind and with American soldiers dieing daily leaving children behind this is a noble gesture by Novalogic and they have my fullest respect.

*Please don't include images in your posts or sig. Thanks in advance.*

============================
By: Pizzaboy SNB

i have became this email about my question >> non cd patch : yes or no >> result is >> ITS NOT ALLOWED - so ALL pull ur cD's out now.

Quote:
reply from: Novalogic
As you stated about the agreement
"You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play"

The modifying the exe or using a modified exe affects how the game is played it is suppose to check the cd to make sure you have a valid copy.

Novalogic Technical Support, John
Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com
Please quote all previous correspondence

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:57 AM
To: Support email
Subject: BHD no cd patch

hi support peoples,

i have a question about a no-cd-patch for BHD/LW - games

many use it i think - but it is realy allowed ? i have read in a thread in the new community that ppls are banned 4 used it ?

nova can u plz give a statement ?

in user agreement stands :

"You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play"

but a none cd patch doesnt change game-play it do only that u can play w/o cd and u must have b4 a registered version installed and needs an account too.

until i get an official answer i play with the damn CD in the PC...

would be nice if its allowed

sincerly,

Pizzaboy *SNB* (www.snb-squad.de)
===============End of story================
as you can see they are scanning for the dfbhd.exe if its not the real deal your automatic banned from novalogic and Novaworld.

Pizzaboy SNB got a reply back in his e-mail he his post up above.

Remark: only thing i have to say go test it. if you get banned in DF: BHD then your out of luck game over for you. will you like to test it, takes a chance only 5min your banned for good.and you can trash the Cd after that point i made this thread to warn you all about it. did not make it as a thread of junk, save your account don't use the No-Cd patch in Novaworld DF: BHD you will loss in the end without warnning. like other people have already stated above.

Play it safe don't use the No-Cd Patch for DF: BHD
as for DF: LW,TFD they maybe next in line they been doing maint's/updates on their server and taken them down to update it to scan for the .exe maybe. only started sept 2003, now many have already been banned for this. if you love your new game don't use the no-cd patch in Novaworld.

trying to safe you a a lot of headacks thats all.

All So Asking DF: Hq Panther Web-Master here Please Remove that No-Cd Patch for DFBHD.exe before other's loss their account at Novaworld.com.
you can check it out e-mail NW about it, Panther

Trying to save your accounts don't use the No-Cd Patch for dfbhd.exe you have the Cd start using it now!!!

if you already have replace the dfbhd.exe with a no-cd patch run the update this will replace it with a normal one.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 09-27-2003 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
only banned if u play stats?
Old 09-27-2003, 08:22 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i agree with it personally.
people who play in stats deserve to play against people who have legit versions of the game.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:10 AM
GeneralPatton is offline GeneralPatton

Send a message via AIM to GeneralPatton
I don't believe it because some people just don't like the hassle of putting the CD in their CDROM drive and what not so they use the NO CD Patch! Anyhow...they can't get into Stat games without a legal Serial anyways so it just is very wrong for Nova to do that! THEY ARE LOSERS IN MY OPINION!!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

don't play their games then
Old 09-27-2003, 10:23 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Yes, I disagree with nova's new policy, this is only going to inspire consumer hacking....they have no right to ban you for not having your cd in. Before I got my df2 no cd crack I got my cd all scratched up popping it in and out. It ended up being useless to me and I had to buy another one.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

if u break the EULA that u agreed to when u installed the game, it is only your own fault.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Yep I Agree with not using the No CD patch too.
And as for scanning your .EXE this has gone on a long time in games such as Half-Life ect.

And I think you will find most cheat users are players that havent payed for the game.

Im In Favor of nova on this one.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:18 PM
*PR* Admin
Unregistered

i have bought BHD 2 times, one for private one for the server,
unfortunately my CD rom is sometimes terminated without any reason given and in generally it needs ages to start the game with CD...because of that
i was signing in Novalogic by registrating my account with my legal CD activation code....so if they ban me because they scan the dfbhd.exe/noCD they ban a registrated user that transmitted a legal CD key...impossible and against any law that i know!
So i don`t beleive this practise!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I think you will find using the No CD is actually against the law as code is not meant to be changed,copied or rented ect.

Quote from manuel
"You may NOT or Permit others to:
alter,adapt,merge, or modify the software or the manuel in any way for any purpose."

think that answers anybody`s questions on this subject.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:54 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

maybe we will now get dedicated server software instead
Old 09-28-2003, 04:26 AM
Chief ADFP

4. We and our suppliers shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to or residing in the CD-ROM, the Software and the Game. The Software is a "commercial item".

6. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion. Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the notification available for your review. We may change the term of service offered at any time, including both features and pricing.

7. We may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and your Account) immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or repeatedly infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon gameplay, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion, inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game as set forth in the player rules of conduct, which are posted on http://www.novaworld.com and http://www.novalogic.com. If we terminate this Agreement under these circumstances, you will lose access to your account, in which case no refund will be provided of any fees paid. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game, in which case no refund will be provided of any fees paid. We may also modify and/or reset any and all account information at any time, for any reason.

Basic they do have the last word in it.
===========================================
so better watch what dfbhd.exe or the them No-Cd patch.if you go into them Lobbys of NW and by change go to a server loadup into one your account will be deleted for good. only public and password area. with the no-cd patch guys

do you really like to be banned by chance you hit that No-Cd patch. your player name and all stats will be gone and anyone log-in see your name on Banned list what they going to think? in the "hall of shame" really it best try no to use the No-Cd patch guy's.

sefl tip:
inside DFBHD folder:
1.) dfbhd.exe leave it has is normal.
2.) dfbhd-No-Cd.exe (rename the patch) before you put it in.
this way you have a 2nd option in NW servers use the normal dfbhd.exe and in password area use the dfbhd-No-Cd.exe
Only hope you don't use the No-Cd patch by chance go into NW Server so try to keep a eye on what one you click-on.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:38 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

If you use the no-cd patch against Nova's rules then it's up to you to decide which way to go. If nova say you cannot use the n -cd patch, then don't use it!

Regards
Old 09-28-2003, 10:26 PM
FrankM is offline FrankM

Send a message via ICQ to FrankM Send a message via AIM to FrankM
Won't Work

re-naming it won't work, they don't actually scan the name of the file, they scan the size of the file and the contents of a few certain verfiying lines that when your playing the game and log-into a server are submitted off, and if you have the right de-coding abilties and someone joins your server you can even tell if there using an altered exe file. Understand ?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:04 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Wink

Well i'm glad the patch i downloaded don't work!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Shughart is offline Shughart

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB / Panic*PR*
maybe we will now get dedicated server software instead
Already asked about that, doubtful they said.
Also, it don't run on Linux so you'd have to get a more expensive Windows server

And if this No-CD crack thing is so illegal, how come they only brought it up now?
Since the failure (release) of TFD everything seems to have gone to hell.
Also, sites like DFHQ itself are promoting illegal behaviour or they not?
Maybe not promoting, but you guys aren't acknowledging that it is infact illegal on the download pages...
Maybe you should for users who don't know what they're getting into...
Old 09-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

good point
Old 09-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

maybe if Nova communicated with it's community there would be less problems