Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:45 PM
=CRUSH=-{BosS}- is offline =CRUSH=-{BosS}-

JO Chopper CODE = SAD

Well what can i say. I realy hope they clean up the Chopper controls for this GAME. I know its only BETA Demo but realy.. The controls either joystick or keyboard are just BAD. As for targeting its 100% hope shooting to try and hit anything. Noval Logic has done it again and taken a great game and not thought about things from a realistic point of view. Even the chopper controls and movement from COMANCHE would have been fine. Come on Novalogic get you act togeather and fine tune a few things. Beata demos are what can make or break a game because its first impressions last and after playing BF Vietnam this game doesnt realy hold up very well.

This whould have to be the first game that has chopper code that feels like your flying semi-supported BRICK.!
Very sad CODE indeed.!

Server Admin : -{BosS}- CLAN

Gamepoint | AAO 2.0a | -{BosS}- 203.31.212.20:1716
Gamepoint | DC 0.7n | -{BosS}- 203.31.212.20:14567
Gamepoint | GC 0.2 | -{BosS}- 203.31.212.20:14565

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums
http://hudson.optikal.net/tpf/

Last edited by =CRUSH=-{BosS}-; 04-01-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
im so sick of people Nova bashing, we dont want to hear it here.

its been said once, its been said a million times, and ill say it again. if u dont like Novalogic DONT PLAY THEIR GAMES

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 03-31-2004, 07:59 PM

Good for you little man. LETDOWN comes to mind for this problem, i realy wanted to se JO work but it hasnt. And this is a forum so ill post. Maybe if you looked around you would see this is a VERY talked about subject and that is how things get CHANGED. No nova bashing just telling how it is.!

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums

Last edited by =CRUSH=-{BosS}-; 04-01-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
LMAO I have seen a lot worse said about BFV and you say you like that.....

I suggest you stick with BFV or if you want realistic sell your computer and Join The Army!!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
good point Sal....

Crush...I really wouldn't suggest talking to Tril like that...he has a habit of banning ppl for fun...
Old 03-31-2004, 08:22 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
and another thing...why tell us about Nova's problems...why don't u email nova and tell them what u think they should do to improve the game...REMEMBER...ITS ONLY A BETA DEMO! They will probably be more than happy to take their players adive and suggestions...also...we really don't wanna hear about nova's problems...take it up with them at THEIR forums...not here.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 PM

A : Novalogic scan thier fansites FORUMS (Belive it or not)
B : Novalogic wanted to release the DEMO on how the actual game was going to PLAY.
C : I think BFV and BFDC Chopper code is VERY GOOD, more so with DC. IT stops NOOBS from flying CHOPPERS.!
D: I am in the ARMY. (Ground Pounder)

That should just about cover it.!

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums
Old 03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

mmmmmmmmmmmmk...
Old 03-31-2004, 10:35 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by =CRUSH=-{BosS}-
Good for you little man. LETDOWN comes to mind for this problem, i realy wanted to se JO work but it hasnt. And this is a forum so ill post. Maybe if you looked around you would see this is a VERY talked about subject and that is how things get CHANGED. No nova bashing just telling how it is.!
how can u say JO is a letdown already. its a beta.

Quote:
Quote:
fak i clicked it to lol.

sorry
Old 04-01-2004, 12:22 AM

B : Novalogic wanted to release the DEMO on how the actual game was going to PLAY.

That is why i can say it.

Come on im not trying to BASH the game down. Since DF1 i have loved the series. There has been many leaps and bounds from DF1 to LW to BHD, everyone was realy hoping that OF was going to be good because of the new CODE.

Sorry but choppers that bounce off trees land on water without floatation Rails, cant "YORE" left or righ or Increase your pitch over about 15 degrees forward or back is hoples. As for being able to rotate the chopper (AXIS) turn governed by tail rotor speed is second to after the pilot is turning his head, makes flying and TARGETING that of a suspended BRICK, it feels like driving a HUMVEE with height control. And being able to disembark from the chopper at 100 feet and still have the chopper flyable when it crashes into the ground.

These problems I THINK (and many others) is not being nit picky about realism, just LAZY code. Dont get me wrong i want this game to be as great as NOVALOGIC said it would be, and from thier comments of "WE WANT THE DEMO TO PLAY AS THE GAME WOULD" well the game can only be BAD. As for the rest of the game it ran fine no graphic problems or issues at all. At the moment this game looks like a polished version of BHD with some after though CODE for Vechicles.

How can this be when Modders can take a game like BF-Desert Combat and write VC that was never intended for the game in the first place, GOOD CODERS. I am not compairing the 2 games just the VECHICLE CODE.

As i said these are my thoughts, that a few have agreed with me, and its things like this that make a game GREAT, like the rest of the DF series.

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums
Old 04-01-2004, 01:16 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

i like it really much and i flippin hate bf.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 AM
V99 is offline V99

Send a message via AIM to V99
LOL boss get a life!@# stop complaining, look he did the same thing on Nova-inside LOL@!#

http://www.nova-inside.com/forums/sh...&threadid=2666

go complain to Novalogic see how far you get LOL#@!!#@
Old 04-01-2004, 05:23 AM

V99 such a sad person. Why post in 1 forum when i can post in 2 so maybe someone may fix this Beta DEMO up for the Release Game. If lil CS fans like you cant handle Criticism about thier beloved Novalogic OF then maybe just maybe you should try READING and understand that you not the only person in the world. By the way ive sent the same thing to Novalogic to try and get things LOOKED @.

As for a life well..... i bet yours is just full of suprises.!

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums

Last edited by =CRUSH=-{BosS}-; 04-01-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:23 AM

as i posted overthere i think he's angry he cannot use his over 50 $ joystick any more that u see in his casemod.sorry for him but it saves me money and im happy i dont need a 3months course to fly some bloody virtual chopper.u could learn the real thing in that time.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:27 AM

Jealousy is a CURSE .hehehe

-{BosS}- CLAN Forums

Last edited by =CRUSH=-{BosS}-; 04-01-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:49 AM

yep but i aint jealous cuz i can fly choppers real easy lmao sorry ppl i guess we all want it to be good lets not kill eachother before the fv arrives hehehe but dont make me buy that flippin joystick.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:17 AM
mac boland is offline mac boland

Well I think we can all agree about JO Demo. It's a Beta and it has alot of problems(like Vehicle controls) but I think once their fixed it will be a great game. I think Team Sabre was a disappointment but I still like it. TerraNova is pretty good too. All in all I didn't get much sleep last night either cause Joint OP's is addictive. Mac /
Old 04-01-2004, 08:37 AM
izzybob7 is offline izzybob7

Send a message via ICQ to izzybob7 Send a message via Yahoo to izzybob7
ok dude its a game, im prettyshure its supposed to be fun. novologic has always had a good measure of realism in there without sacrificing fun in the process. there have always had a good balence, and yes there are a few problems with the game, but thats why its a beta.

this is the first time ive really seen any nova game bashed like this before. and ill have to go with the others views and just say, save novalogic the hassle of searching for your oh so expert view on the game and send them a e-mail or sumthin man...

LONG LIVE WILLIE NELSON!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

boss u can say what u like/dislike about the game but please dont start flamming other people (V99) we have a very strict flamming rule, so please dont flame other people. thanks

Quote:
Quote:
fak i clicked it to lol.

sorry
Old 04-01-2004, 06:24 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

If you think that this demo is what they are gunna put out. Your wrong!! Its a demo and there are tons of bugs, but they have so many players on there back to put something out so they released the demo. But of couse some people want the demo to be perfect and have no flaws or room to improve. I am supprised that you are not posting that there is only one map to play, or that it takes 5 mins to load the same map every time.

A major part of the game is having to fly across the water (or land). If they make it really hard to fly choppers, NOBODY WILL PLAY. Just because YOU dont want somebody who has never played Jo or BF to fly choppers, does not mean they dont. Who are they gunna attract by makeing every body take a 2 week flying lession before they can even play A demo.

I am not saying that they dont have room to improve on JO because they do. Its like i said, my squad and i have counted 15 major bugs to be fixed [from players flying 300 feet strait up (out of a chopper) and falling back down and not dying - to joining a game but frezzing up as soon as you get and have to restart the game.] but i am not gunna come in a forum and start bashing nova before the game is even out. There are much more positive ways to get your point across with out bashing and flaming people. (after all i managed not to flame you)

I'll wait till the game comes out then i will start crying about spending 40 bucks on a game that is bugged. but i wont be a cry baby about a free game thats just a demo.