Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:10 PM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

Confused Goal List

Can I manually edit the in-mission list of goals, or am I restricted to the ones listed in the drop down menu in the editor? I would think there is some way to edit these since there are many UNKNOWN selections listed, but have been unsuccessful as of late with this. I'm still a newbie to map editing, so this may just be a really simple oversight on my part. . .
Old 01-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Sandman is offline Sandman
DF-HQ Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman Send a message via AIM to Sandman
I do believe we're stuck with the drop down list. I tried it a long time ago too and it never did work. There may be a way if someone can get into the DFLW resource files though.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Necromancer is offline Necromancer

Send a message via ICQ to Necromancer
I had some success with this. All I did was click on the UNKNOWN field and type in my own objective, and it worked when I exported the .bms file.

Old 01-15-2002, 02:57 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
is there any point in using it? doesnt do anything does it? or am i missing something?
Old 01-15-2002, 04:09 AM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

The reason I'm interested in it is because I am interested in creating CO-OP missions. That's what my family plays together. I therefore needed some sort of way to spell out the mission objectives since there is no way to view them before hosting the mission. The drop down list just isn't appropriate for my goals in the game.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

do u know u can add a mission briefing? cant write much but that is a great way to let ppl know what they need to do, that is if they read it lol.

Edit>Briefing
Old 01-15-2002, 07:56 AM
White Op. is offline White Op.

Post You could try...

If your going to put your missions on a website or send them to ppl, you could write your own mission briefings in Microsoft Word or any other sort of text creator, this is what I do, this way you can create a story for it, it makes the game much more exciting and gives players and idea of why they're having to rescue the hostage for.
I'm currently working on a mission now (as I write this) It's in the streets of Cuba (I even created loadsa streets) I'll be posting a message on the post board about it when it's finished, so you can all get a finished version then,

When making Single Player or Co-operative levels, put as much details in as possible. (Sound, Trees, And theres a loada little things to add)

White Co. *EF*
*Elite Force*
Email Me
Old 01-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Sandman is offline Sandman
DF-HQ Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman Send a message via AIM to Sandman
Well, I have to go along with dragon-dude here. when making missions or playing them, it's coonvienient to hit "G" and see what's left to do.(provided the maker has put those in and knows how to use them) It can be kind of annoying when it's not listed. If you could put your own objectives in it would be cool. But I have never had it work for me. And Necromancer, if you had it work please e-mail me the map along wiith an mis file. I'd like to see it working(no I WON'T steal it). Sometimes the ones provided just don't work the way we'd like them.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:05 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

oa sorry i dodnt know about the 'g' 'goals' button

dam i got to get back into making maps
Old 01-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Necromancer is offline Necromancer

Send a message via ICQ to Necromancer
@ Sandman:
I think I lost it when I formatted my comp's hard drive, but I can look for it. I just made events to match the goals I had, though I can't remember if it checked them off or not. I can see if I still have it, then I'll e-mail it.