Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:23 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool Elcetiom Tomorrow.

It's the general election tomorrow so I was wondering how many of you intend to vote?

I know I've made a few cynical posts about this election but when I consider how many brave men gave their lives to preserve our right to vote, it really is a duty to do so.

I shall go and vote and hope that we get a government that can begin to sort out the many problems our nation seems to have right now.

Regards
Old 05-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

i would if i could (actually thinking about it i probably can, have to look into that for 2010)

Let me say this, weve had a howard for a prime minister since 1996, and i would wish it upon anyone. Could make for great cartoons having two howard PM's though.

Remember that the governments power is reduced by the upper house should it be hostile, so dont vote for the same party in green and red!

Edit: that is if you can vote for red, i forgot its a hereditary house..

Last edited by Lakie; 05-05-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:37 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
undecided as to vote or not baddog. :/
Old 05-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

make it easy, steve you vote for blair, baddog you vote for howard (well technically the candidate for the party in your electroate), then your votes cancel each other out so you dont have to go to the polls but you can say you voted!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
heheh

i would vote labour tbh, in Sheffield, Labour would win even if a monkey was running as candidate
Old 05-05-2005, 04:02 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Well my wife and I have "exercised our democratic right" this morning so we await the outcome.

Warm Regards

Old 05-05-2005, 07:06 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
"Elcetiom "??????

Im voting. I found out what party is closest to Labour in our area and Im gunna vote for them.
Im voting tactically anti-Blair

Old 05-05-2005, 07:32 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think I had a bit of a spelling error in the old brain mate lol!!!!

I'm not with it at the best of times and I might just as well have put ERECTION lol lol!!!!

Wamest Regards
Old 05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
make it easy, steve you vote for blair, baddog you vote for howard (well technically the candidate for the party in your electroate), then your votes cancel each other out so you dont have to go to the polls but you can say you voted!
Actually that would only be the case if you were in the same county.

I am in Scotland and although I am patriotic, I would never vote for SNP. The scottish economy is very poor and seperating from England would mean v large taxes for all up North.

But hey, I still got couple years till I vote so many I will change my mind between then.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
I think I had a bit of a spelling error in the old brain mate lol!!!!

I'm not with it at the best of times and I might just as well have put ERECTION lol lol!!!!

Wamest Regards
LMAO, your mind may be slow but your comedy is top notch.

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
If you don't vote then you have no right to complain if the person elected sucks.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
If you don't vote then you have no right to complain if the person elected sucks.
Well Put...

Blair got mine and my misses vote.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Bullet
I am in Scotland and although I am patriotic, I would never vote for SNP. The scottish economy is very poor and seperating from England would mean v large taxes for all up North.
The SNP will struggle s long as it's economic policy demands exclusive rights to the UKs North Sea Oil.
If they could manage to wrestle that out of Whitehalls hands then a vote for them might be worthwhile.
They plan to follow the Norweigan example, where they have put 20% of their oil earnings into high interest savings. Norway now makes more on interest than they do per year in oil sales.

But I don't see that you could get your hands on the oil without a fight and their just isn't enough of you to win a war (else we would be speaking Celtic down here)

Old 05-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Blair won it again.

Despite the results, Blair said the vote had given his Labour Party a mandate to govern Britain.

“I think we can be really proud of what we’ve achieved,” Blair told supporters in London on Friday. “We’ve got a mandate to govern this country again,” he added.

With 614 of the 646 House of Commons seats counted, official results showed 352 seats won by Labour, enough to form a government, 191 went to the Conservatives, 59 went to the Liberal Democrats — the only major party to oppose the Iraq war — and 12 to other smaller parties.

The BBC projected Labour would win 68 more seats than all the other parties combined — down from its 161-seat margin in the outgoing House of Commons. Sky news put the Labour majority at 70 seats. Results in 610 constituencies showed a turnout of more than 61 percent of the electorate.
===========================================
Seems Bush and Blair have the people support.

long live the Queen and country guys.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7706165/?GT1=6542

Pres Bush him and his brother owns Oil company small one at best, look who is company is Pumping oil over there in the meddle east. it no secret. blown me away seen the report on it BBC had hard facts about it all. man feel use and really tick-off he use us all.

feel sad people are getting kill off and him and his brother are making money off them.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 05-06-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:36 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 05-06-2005, 07:08 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Well I'm very happy the tories didn't win because I think they would have been a total disaster for the nation.

Overall I'm quite satisfied with the outcome of the election....there you go I can spell after all!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I am glad he won
Old 05-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
Well I'm very happy the tories didn't win because I think they would have been a total disaster for the nation.
Sad thing is, I can't disagree with you essentially. I just think three terms is too much. Even if Blair is ousted quickly its Gordon bloody Brown.
I just hope no Labour supporters become ill after the hospitals collapse into their own target related insanity. I don't know one talented Doctor or Nurse who wouldn't give it all up tomorrow if the right opportunity came along....