Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:03 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Family: 'Please Free Him'

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...207173,00.html

Quote:
Family: 'Please Free Him'
Updated: 11:50, Saturday December 24, 2005

The family of British hostage Norman Kember is making a special Christmas appeal for his release.

Advertisements in Arabic are being printed in Iraqi newspapers and broadcast on radio over the next three days.

They are calling on Mr Kember's kidnappers to free him and three other Westerners in the spirit of a new era for the country.

Part of the appeal reads: "This is a new start for Iraq and Iraqis to take control of their own destiny. It is a time for new starts.

"Many clerics and religious figures from the Arab and Muslim world have spoken over the past weeks of the good work they were doing in Iraq and that their organisation has done in Palestine, and they have called for their release."

There is still no news of the 74-year-old peace campaigner from Pinner in northwest London.

He was seized in Baghdad on November 26 along with James Loney, 41, and Harmeet Singh Sooden, 32, both Canadians, and an American, Tom Fox, 54.

A group calling itself the Swords Of Righteousness Brigade said it had abducted the four peace activists.

It had threatened to kill the men by December 10 unless Iraqi prisoners were released.

There has been no news of the hostages since the deadline expired.
i think its bad enough taking them hostage, but ffs 2 weeks and not even contacting anyone to say if they were alive or dead? what bast.rds..
Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Angry

They are bastards BB!!!! I hope he gets home safe but I have my doubts now.....

Warm Regards
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I think Iraqis need employment before they need a constitution. Lack of meaningful way to earn bread is part of the problem.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 12-25-2005, 03:45 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

A lot of people had no work in the 1930's but they didn't start planting bombs and killing other folk. Some of these "muslims" are just plain fanatics and hate the west no matter what we do.

Regards
Old 12-25-2005, 04:06 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i dont think its to do with employment.. i think that the insurgents are just "annoyed" that their country has been invaded.. and it doesnt help much whenever the countries that invaded, were western

same thing happened over here in Northern Ireland, except there was no suicide bombings..
Old 12-25-2005, 08:28 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
A lot of people had no work in the 1930's but they didn't start planting bombs and killing other folk. Some of these "muslims" are just plain fanatics and hate the west no matter what we do.

Regards
People are driven to such acts because they have no other way of venting their energies positively, i.e. work and entertainment. People are vounerable (sp) and willing to justfy the ends due to lack of means. Hence, are getting exploited by some ultra conservative far right winged hate driven morons who are using religion, which completely and clearly states that if you kill one human you kill whole of the humanity, to kill their own country men because they see them having jobs becuase they connected to certain clique of indeginous people.

Loony ones are justifying and portraying their surmons of hate and violence because they can equate this invasion with that of my Israel in Holy Lands. Hence, the young onces, who have not seem any piece, only know the violence and attracked to this melting pot. Thus, the influx of foreigners who agree this doctin of hate and violence. This is a mind sent in which those carrying out these acts have been brain washed so much that they don't even blink when they do what they do. Only way out of this, as is explained to them, is to damage and scare the opposition.

In European Dark ages and in US depression, crime was all time high.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 12-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Hey BB you should check out what the governent is doing here, the quote "i think its bad enough taking them hostage, but ffs 2 weeks and not even contacting anyone to say if they were alive or dead? what bast.rds.."

is probably more applicable here at the moment than it is in Iraq, somethig i would change if i got into politics mid you...