Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-05-2002, 05:03 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool TFD & CHEATS.

Hi all,

Well last night I decided late on to join a stat game on TFD for a while. When I got onto the map the first thing I noticed was the score of the leading player, get this, 1.529!!!! A thousand plus!!!! It didn't take long to work out (judging by the abuse this guy was getting) that he was using a cheat!!!! The thing I can't understand is, what the hell is the point in getting a huge score like that by cheating???? I know we have discussed this cheating business before concerning DFLW but I just don't get it???? I mean it's not as if you can truly get any great satisfaction from getting this kind of score if your doing it by using some kind of trainer!!!! I must point out that in no way am I complaning about this. My attitude to cheats is that I tend to ignore them and if it's to bad then I just leave. I personally think it's a shame because this game is a lot of fun and I get a real kick out of playing on it, win or lose, I just like getting stuck in and having some fun!!!!

I quit TFD after a while and joined in on a stat map for Land Warrior and enjoyed 2 hours of real good fun and chat with a great bunch of guys and no cheats!!!! Perhaps these people lack something in their lives that leads them to play this way. Well that's my 2 cents worth and I just thought I'd say it!!!!

Thx
BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 08-05-2002, 06:06 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Go to that cheat site and read the forums.
They do it for the satisfaction of winding people up.
There is a strong a feeling of anti-anticheats in their community as there is anti-cheat in ours.
Some do it for the satisfaction of creating a good hack.

STOP winding your self up about it.
Thats what they love and you my friend are helping keep them around by providing something for them to laugh at.

Its not nor has it ever been about winning a game.

Old 08-05-2002, 07:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE:TFD 7 CHEATS.

Hi zza1pqx,

As always it's good to get feedback from you m8. I have to point out however, that I did say that the cheats don't particularly bother me at all anymore. So they don't wind me up or even for that matter concern me that much. The thing I find hard to define is what motivates them, why do they do it at all. If eventually no one takes any notice of them what's the point? As you say it annoys other players but I can't see that as their main reason for doing it. Personally I think they lack self confidence or maybe I'm reading to much into it such is the nature of my job (Department of Work & Pensions) that I always try to find what motivates people to do what they do. It's what I'm paid to do. Thanks again for your comments they are always interesting to read!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

Old 08-05-2002, 08:30 AM
STEALTH is offline STEALTH

When a cheat is in a game. Call a seize fire and don't move till cheat leaves or banned or punted. And or every1 leave then u don't have to play with a cheat , you have a choice.. Calling them names and trying to kill them only fires them up and keeps them in the game. Don't message them or about them.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:02 PM

I agree with the big man above.
But its hard when the culture is so set.
Its hard enough convincing players you are legit just because you beat them let alone pacifying them when they see a genuine reason to decry their own ineptitude

Old 08-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I always used the .BAN on df2 if i had a report of someone cheating.No chances given No warning it was funny for me watching them change their names and try to re-enter the game but they were denied access.Thats one of the reasons I only host my own games,That way I have the power to do somthing about it.I also do the same now on dflw and tfd.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:49 PM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

hey all, its a shame that we the genuine players have 2 put up with these low lifes at times. last week i was accussed of this whilst hosting my own room.this moron carried on 4 about 20min straight all because i shot him 3 times in the space of 5min.when he found out that i was the host he {THEN had the hide 2 tell me he was only JOKING 2 c what reaction he could get}!!! but getting back 2 what zza1pqx said dont let these idiots get u wound up its not worth it.ps:can u imagine what these people put their families & friends through?? how could u trust em!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:00 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
Cheats

My reaction on cheats is first off why bother. To me they are longly players whom have no firends, no life, and cheat with everything that they do in life, not jsut here. They are people with low self esteme who seek attention.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:42 AM

Yes and they get it.
This isn't the case though is it?
Visit the forums of cheat sites and you will see that it is a full community as busy (almost) as DFHQ.
The main motivation is two fold.

1) To hack the game engine. They get a lot out of showing off what they have managed to do with the game engine as means of showing off their hacking prowess.
2) They get off on peoples over reaction to their prescence.

Wether they are out for attention cos their lonley or out to see how amusing peoples reaction to them is, they get both from the DF community paid in full.
If a child is naughty it pays to ignore it. The lack of reaction and or attention means they quickly tire of it and the same holds true with adults.
The continued protestations online debate etc etc will never achieve anything save being exactly what they enjoy getting off on.
It is a proven behaviourlist technique, ignore the person being a fool and they quickly go away.

Old 08-09-2002, 11:53 AM
^I^ Poofman is offline ^I^ Poofman

Send a message via ICQ to ^I^ Poofman
Good subject

This was such a good subject, and after reading all the replies, had to post my own.

I disagree that they use the cheat to rile people up. I say they are kids (or people that never quit being kids) that have no interest in the game itself, know they will never be good at it and don't care, or are the ones that have been booted from every team they ever played for because of attitude or whatever, so try to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I got an ICQ message other day, some guy was being booted from a squad. I asked him, "looking to join another?", he told me to read his ex-squad's forum. Here, he was booted for using a glitch in CTF where he can run up an unlimited number of flags, and from what I read, HE WAS DOING IT WITH AND AGAINST HIS OWN SQUAD! That conversation about him joining died right there.

Anyway, in every game, I play sports games too, there are those that cheat (like running alot of programs in background to cause lag in a sports game), these are miserable people that just can't admit they suck at the game, and instead of trying to get better, take the short route and cheat. Boo hoo to them, maybe mommy will give them a sucker when she get's home. lol.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:57 PM
typhoon is offline typhoon

Send a message via ICQ to typhoon Send a message via Yahoo to typhoon
Theres way too many cheats on tfd and seems that hardly any1 cares, who makes the cheats neway? he definately needs me to butcher him!!! oh well it looks like we will always have them on df tfd
Old 08-22-2002, 08:45 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE:TFD &CHEATS.

Hi all,

I have to say that I couldn't agree more with ^I^ Poofman!!!! I think what he said in his post has hit the nail right on the head about all cheats. They do suck at this game and probably all the others they join in and when they can't hack it, cheat to compensate. I know this is one of those never ending discussions regarding cheats but they are annoying little morons and can spoil good games which genuine players are enjoying. I wish they would all bugger off and leave those of us who want play for fun, or a bit more seriously as part of a team to get on with it!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

ZIP ZIP ZIP WENT THE BULLETS
BANG BANG BANG WENT THE NADES
RING RING RING WENT MY HEART STRINGS
AS I SENT ANOTHER BASTARD TO HELL!!!!

Old 08-22-2002, 08:54 AM

Quote:
See all three posts above
I dont give a monkeys about debating cheating with people who Wont DO THEIR RESEARCH.
Get your asses into the cheat community to find out what motivates them.
They are rarley n00bs who cannot play the game and ralrely people with a gripe against just one particular person or group.

Who makes the cheats?
THE CHEATS MAKE THE CHEATS.
Thats the whole bloody point.
They make the cheat then show it off with screenies in their forums.
They trade cheats or use the cheats they have created as a passport into a cheat squad which adds kudos to their status as game hacker.

You lot that perpetuate your cynical myth that cheats are sad lonley people who cannot play online games are ****ing stupid.
Its duffers like you lot that spoil this game for me and why its now almost impossible for me to enjoy a game with out some numpty screaming cheater, your a cheater your beating me so you must be a cheater.

I usually apologise when I lose my temper but even BADDOG has been sucked in by a numpty who has no more to offer than his inflated opinion based on one daft ICQ conversation thet we only have his say so is genuine.

Good luck in your quest to erode the faith of this community with your rhetoric.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek RE TFD & CHEATS.

WOW ZZA1PQX!!!!

STEADY ON M8!!!! IT'S A FORUM FOR ALL OPINIONS AND THAT MEANS EVERY ONE CAN HAVE THEIR SAY REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR I THINK. I'M NOT SUCKED IN BY ANY ONE OR ANYTHING I'M JUST FED UP OF THOSE IDIOTS WHO CHEAT WHAT EVER THEIR REASONS ARE. I DON'T MEAN A GOOD PLAYER WHO KICKS MY ASS. I MEAN SILLY SODS WHO SPEED CHEAT ON A MAP OR USE SOME OTHER STUPID TRICK JUST TO WIN OR SCREW THINGS UP OR WHAT EVER. I REPSECT YOUR OPINIONS......PLEASE REPSECT MINE AND OTHERS EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THEM!!!!

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"
Old 08-22-2002, 10:17 AM

Fair point.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Warchild is offline Warchild

Send a message via Yahoo to Warchild
Well, lets start by saying that cheaters are either to young to play very well and this is there imature way of trying to ruin our fun or make themselves better. Or they flat out suck and have to ruin it for us.
Second i would have thought that Nova would have learned there lesson and have people watching the servers at night to catch the cheaters when there out in full force because the cheats always come out when devs have gone to bed. How hard is it for them to figure that one out. Duhhhhhh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stupidpeo.jpg (14.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-22-2002, 12:35 PM

How old are you?
You are not very old.
Why are you happy to say cheats are young? Is it because you have no idea and are guessing?
Is it because you yourself are young?
You cant be very old because your naviety is extreme.
How the hell would a company interested in making money afford to monitor FREE servers 24-7? Or as you say 'Overnight'

I play late at night becuase thats when the most people are on.
Not becuase they are up late but because they live somewhere else.
I despair of the inanity of youth just as you do. But in this case you are the source of my irritation.

Old 08-22-2002, 10:59 PM

Well lets start by saying this is my genral obsevasion I've made in the whole time I've been playin any of the df games (which started when df1 came out. as for my age ya boob lets say i work a 40 hour a week job and im at least as old as you if not older.
As for the possibility of them having someone surfing the stat rooms 24/7. It is possible but not nessisary. You hire one or 2 gms to surf at night and on the weekends. not any spucific time so that the cheats cant figure it out and be on when they arent. but say one night from 5pm till 3 am and then the next from 2 am till 10 am. And since no one can see them roaming the server then they can go in and out of the servers and catch the cheats and deter the would be cheats. And bing you would have a close to cheat free game. the only thing nova has to do is reach into there pockets a little deeper. and im sure they can do it seeing as how they have one of the most popular games around. I hope i have at least opened your mind a little. By the way i wasnt saying it was all little kids who do it. But some are. i say this because i have some of the young ones be influenced by the cheats cause they look cool or there frustrated. so if your a young one i wasnt directing it twords you unless you one of those people who have to use a cheat to make your self better cause you suck. if you arnt then dont take this personaly. i dont know everything but i make my state ment from my observations and what i do know.
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
How old are you?
You are not very old.
Why are you happy to say cheats are young? Is it because you have no idea and are guessing?
How the hell would a company interested in making money afford to monitor FREE servers 24-7? Or as you say 'Overnight'

I despair of the inanity of youth just as you do. But in this case you are the source of my irritation.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:05 PM

by the way use your head next time. you might be surprized. what good ideas you come up with to make this game better. and get what i said straight. i said some are kid and some are people who just suck and want to ruin it for everyone if i remember right. but hey in my old age i forget stuff.
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
How old are you?
You are not very old.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:10 PM

stealth good idea but the problem with a cease fire is not everone gose for it and the cheats just come down and spawn rape. and as for the cheats not sucking. Believe me they do suck and there cheating dosent help them improve much either. i say this because i was one of TCB's biggest enemies and me and the rest of my former sqaud used to kick there buts all over the place. hell we ran them out of tkoth quite i few times on df3.