Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Buzzmonkey is offline Buzzmonkey

Enumerating Message

I am new to hosting on my PC and my friends say they get the message "map enumerating" when they try to log in. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Buzzmonkey
Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
it would be great to know what the crazy game you talking about getting that error for?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 AM

Delta Force Xtreme

Sorry, like I said, I'm new to hosing. I figured it was a common error. I have three small maps that I put into rotation on my pc by selecting the play/host option. I am on high speed cable with a gamer pc. I have hosted some of these games individually and people could get in no problem. So maybe the error has to do with multiple maps.

Thanks
Buzzmonkey
Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Chief ADFP

are you hosting this game normal way with the game settings or you trying to host it outside novaworld log-in area?

only thing i can think of the maps been moded or change in some ways.

try to update to game online see if that helps any, some file may have not got instill right
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM

I am hosting Delta Force Xtreme on broadband with a router. The problem appears to be that since I am on mediacom, there is not static ip address for me (DHCP). So in order to host I need to establish one. The say all I need is a hub and I can set a static address on my router, but that doesnt sound right either. Please share your thoughts.

Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
All you have to do is configure your router to forward the required UDP port to the computer hosting dfx.

If the computer hosting dfx does not have an internal static IP, then chances are every time you restart the computer you will have to re-configure the router to forward the game port.

I forget what the port number was though...

IcI
Old 09-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the info, I found that the Delta Force xtreme ports are 3100, 3568 and 3999 - each performing in and out functions. My netgear router wants me to enter a range for port forwarding. Should I enter 3100 to 3999 or three new services 3100 to 3100 3568 to 3568 and 3999 to 3999 all pointing to the same address? Is there some way you can check to insure you are hosting - rather then starting a game and hoping someone will join you.

Thanks
mike
Old 09-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
its better to set up the 3 services, just use the same number for start and end - that way you only have 3 ports open instead of 899 ports open lol...

It wants 3 ports open?

I never opened up 3 ports.

I just checked my config folder for my dfx - only port I recall opening up is 32768

And one more for RAT (I configured it to use 7000 instead of the default)

IcI
Old 09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
yeah do all three ports just to be on the safe side.

If a map is loading and someone tries to join they will get an enumerating session message. have them back out and try again, sometimes that helps.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-18-2007, 10:04 PM

Ok, now neither of that last two suggestions worked. I configured three seperate services on my router for the three different ports as outlined above. I also configured a single service for the port address 36768. None of which worked. So tomorrow I will go and buy a hub and see if the mediacom person was correct and that by having a hub I can solve this problem. Man who know that this could be so hard. No wonder people pay big bucks to have servers to run their maps on.

Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Chief ADFP

do you have more then one computer to connect with? in your location
Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM

lol - it has never been that hard for me... linksys routers it sounds like are easier to configure.

Did you set the service for UDP?

I just checked my firewall settings... I only open up 1 port: 32768 UDP (actually it is configured for both UDP and TCP) for DFX and people are able to join my server.

Does the server running dfx have any firewalls? Such as windows xp's built in firewall?

what is the model of your router?

IcI
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 AM

Well I have a netgear wgr614. Its a wireless router with 1 computer hardwired and everything else wireless. There are 4 other computers that can access the router. But not all are on at the same time. To set up it just asks for the service name, start port address, end port address and the IP address of the computer.
The port numbers U mentioned before were from the netgear uyser manual. They had setting for Delta Force in there. I did notice that when I enter the IPCONFIG command - it does not return an IP address so I went to windows and checked in the network settings and there was no IP address lists, instead the obtain IP address automatically was selected. Whew - still giving head aches

thanks
Mike
Old 09-19-2007, 03:15 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
The router menu should have a section that says what computers are connected and what IP the router gives them. Remember what the host computer name is and when you go to host double check the IP.

But there is an easier way.....

You can port forward to each seperate IP address if you want. This will make it where it does not matter what IP the router gives you, you are always portforward. Portforward is another security part to prevent a computer from hosting itself, the router knows what packet is going to what comp. If this were not true then you would need a seperate internet connection for each computer just to browse the web.

So just portforward like you did when it worked and repeat until all useable IP addresses are taken care of and test again, have your friends wait until the server is up and you are in the game. if they can join then yer all set.

Dont worry about security issues because anyone attempting to connect to your computer will not get anywhere unless you are serving.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 AM

lol - it would be easier to just assign the computer a static IP, and portforward to that ip - if you forward to all IP addresses, you are going to have 254 IP's listed - does the router even support that many portforwards? (Min only supported 20-30)

Go to your network settings and properites for TCP/IP

Check use the following IP

Enter in an ip that is on the same range as your router (ie, if you access router via 192.168.1.1, enter in an ip of 192.168.1.20)

Enter in the net mask ( Try 255.255.255.0 for starters - if you can view router network info on the router, use the same netmask as it)

Enter in the gateway: use the ipaddress of the router.

If the settings are correct, you can resetart the computer until the end of time and the IP address of the computer won't change.

I also tell it to use my router for the DNS server.

Then go into your portforward, and forward the port to that IP address. Specifiying UDP as the protocal type (or if you can, tell it to do Both).

If you open up game.cfg and look for the line "novaworldportmin" that will tell you the port number the server is listening on.