Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

front-liner's and Chris's thread ONLY!

If you're not Chris or me...then BUGGER OFF! LOL jokes. Look around if you want, i dont care. But dont delete this thread! Its spam and this is where it belongs!

OK to begin with. (to those who dont know wtf is going on)
Me and Chris are 'showing off' or Age of Empires 2 screenshots we've taken. That is all.

Now Chris. These screenshots have been taken from the current skirmish I'm involved in. My name in the game is Commander Loony.

First up: The Eastern defences of my city. They've taken a four hour beating, but have managed to hold.

This is a few minutes after the above shot...

The attacks intensify.

The enemy breaches the Eastern defences for the first time.

And because of that, the castles were badly damaged and my resources exhausted. The enemy kept coming. So in order to gather up enough resources to build back what i had lost, i had to dispatch a task force to secure and hold the hill outside the shield wall. They held their position for 30 minutes until the walls and castles were built back, then they retreated back inside before the might of the Teuton army arrived.

During another attack, i had to move a couple of trebuchets to plug the gaps in the walls - and to engage the enemy artillery units.

During my valiant defence, my ally, the Aztecs, were engaged in fierce open fighting with the Teal army. I had to send troops to assist many times otherwise Blue would find themselves running low on reinforcements...

At that time, the trade route between my city and my allys city was under threat and i had to dispatch some platoons of Chu Ko Nu to protect the trade carts.

During the mission to hold onto the trade route, Commander Chong came to save teh day (lol) He's leading the archers into the fray in his specially commissioned Battering Ram. He destroyed a number of trebuchets whiel commanding the ram.

A few battles later and he now gets his very own horse

A small counter attack against Teal. The attack ultimately supported Blue's eventual capture of Teal's city.

And finally, the results of the skirmish thus far. The war isn't over, we (my ally and me) still have two more empires to bring down before victory. So far, 12,000 units have been killed all up in like 5 hours or so. Count 'em.

TADA! Lets see how you go, Chris...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy

^Statistics on the level before. ^

^ Blowing up the castle with my batterers and my horses lol. ^

^ YEAH! IN YOUR !@#$%^& FACE! ^

^ SECOND CASTLE DOWN! ^

^ Teh cavalry kids! YEAH YEAH THAT'S TEH WAY I LIKE IT! AHA, AHA, I LIKE IT! ^

^ Favourite SS... last castle! ^^

^ What a bloody day... the sun hasn't come down yet Imao! ^

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black

Last edited by Chrispy; 11-30-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Thank you for putting the right forum lol
Old 11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What an awesome game either of you have aoe III?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-30-2006, 11:55 PM

Nope. Neither of us do. I've got Mythology though lol. AoE3 looks bloody good though.

It's weird in AoE tho' lol. Just to state, in AoE1, when you're the on the highest age, your buildings look very flash right? Well in AoE2 the Dark Age is the lowest, so why do the buildings look crappy?

If AoE2 is centuries after AoE1 then why does the lowest age on AoE2 look bad?

I think you've played AoE3 Scott. Must be great eh? Most reviews give it an 8.0, but according to GameSpot (I think), they say AoE2's the best.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I played them all except aeo I. I like 3 the best, along with the warchiefs expansion for III. 2 was pretty fun though.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Just got pwned in the 4th level. At the start around about you'll get big knight armies and cannons fired at ya! I'm not that frustrated (well not at the moment), just gotta build more guard towers.

My resources building up is great though.
Everything at one area. (My base!)

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 PM

*gasp!* Comments! OMG! lol. Havent played AOE3. My PC would die if i put the disc in lol.

Will be posting in some more screenies soon.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
omg thats awesome. You two have made me want to play AOEIII again. I might do this and post my battles =)
Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 PM

You're welcome to, Spazz.

Commander Chong (the horse archer commander in my pics) betrayed his troops on the eve of battle last night. He led a small raid out to destroy some castles that stood in the ruins of the old Teal city, and they were preventing my ally from properly getting around the map.

The raid destroyed two castles with one remaining, but at that moment, a Teuton army arrived and the regiment engaged it. Then, Chong was converted by a priest and turned on his own troops. He was effectively executed for heresy by his own regiment. Now leaderless, the regiment was immediately overrun by Teutons. The Highway Guard was wiped out.

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you field commanders!! lol

Still working on getting some more screenshots. Dont worry; wont be long...
Old 12-03-2006, 12:16 AM

I was gonna say that. You're welcome Spazz.

I remember when A TIN OF GAS and them first talked about AoE3 I wanted to play it lol hehe...

Beware, front-liner is a pretty elite commander in AoE2.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 12-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

hehe in AOE III I usually build up a big ass army (Usuallly all muskiters and cannons) and line them up outside the enempy base and then charge.. Graphics get kinda slow sometimes I took some screens one time but I don't remember if kept them.. i'll take a look around. aoe III is awesome.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

well way back when they didn't have so many patches out I absolutely rocked with the Ports. They had 3 TC's by age 3 all pumpin settlers out like crazy. My economy was just unstopable. They had the best dragoons and an awesome rifleman, the Cassador. Then they got nerfed...big time...so now I have to learn how to play a different civ. I'm feelin the Germans, Russians, and the French
Old 12-03-2006, 08:48 PM

Awesome stories you two. Sounds fun indeed .

Played some more of my skirmish last night or yesterday...Anyway.

Aside from the usual attacks against the city walls (they throw themselves so willingly at the fire, don't they?), Commander Thyre led a second raid into the old Teal city to finish what Chong started. He and his regiment of archers used trebuchets to destroy the last castle, but then, another Teuton army arrived and Thyre's regiment engaged the enemy.

With the support of some roving Aztec units, Commander Thyre and his regiment was able to defeat the Teuton army, but his troops suffered heavy casualties. Thyre is the first commander to survive a major confrontation. After the castle was brought down, Thyre led his troops back home for tea and sconnes.

Commander Heev of the Counter unit was frequently running his company of cavalry out to destroy siege weapons that were harrassing the city walls. But during one daring attack, Commander Heev and his cavalry engaged a Teuton attack force with disastrous consequences.

Commander Heev and his company fight the Teutons. (Heev is the camer rider)

But, Commander Heev was slain during the battle and hsi company fell soon after.

This is the aftermath of that engagement. Try and find Heev's body...

I also have some other screenshots here from a battle fought long ago. The battle became known as The Battle of Lumberjack Field. It was the last battle fought in the First Persian War (name of the skirmish) and it was the biggest engagement between two armed forces, next to the Battle of Uldin Field.

The battle begins.

The battle rages. The original assault force has taken severe casualties. Reinforcements were dispatched.

The tide begins to turn in favor of my army. We start to push the Teutons back to the city walls when reinforcements finally arrive. (Note the long line of red on the mini-map)

And yes, we won the battle after like an hour (real time). In game it was only ten minutes, but that was because of the lag...

And this final shot is a glimpse of the Battle of Uldin Field. Will post more screens of it when i can.

This was taken in the final ten minutes of the battle.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:52 PM

Oi! Chris! Where's some pics!?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 AM

Okay.

This is the 4th level in the game. You have to blow each enemies' Town Centers except the British Guards' one (because they never had a bloody base!).

Battling the ****s out with the high-tech Magonels known as the Onagons or whatever...

You need this much towers to fend off what I had on toast. (Preferrably peanut butter as the enemies stick to your base like **** lol... ).

My base earlier...

Imperial Age and some of my knights were upgraded to Cavaliers, then Paladins! (Only the ones you train of course.)

The Town Center I had to destroy. (The other two were easy because I used just one priest to convert a Cannon Galleon and it fired at them from sea thanks to the Town Centers being close to shore.
However, the priest died in the fighting and I had another one that died too.)

Whoa... I had one of those earlier in the campaign lol... (2nd level?)

There's the motherfooking trebuchets kicking ass like never before!

Burn bitch burn!

Get a lawyer you British turds!

Umm... what did I just do?!

Oh, and BTW, the thing that really helped me was the cool-ass research from my Castle.
There was a thing you could research called ''Spies'', which you could reveal the whole map.
Basically the prices dropped when you killed enemy villagers and increased when the enemy got more villagers...

And... front-liner said he got his at like 10,000 gold and luckily I got mine at 2200. So my 2200 paid for some of their villagers and the whole map was revealed (in that case those villagers I spent my gold on had been around the whole map?).

I'm gonna add the timeline stats for some reason tomorrow lol...
And the rest of the stats SSs I'm going to upload too...

No point getting the ones on the 1st and 2nd mission as I hardly done crap all.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Now there's some pics! Nice battle for the river crossing, but that colony of guard towers is somewhat overkill. Lol just kidding. Thats the most amount of guard towers ive ever seen in one cluster. Congratulations, you just earned Grendeman's Medal for outrageous defense clusters.

And they are called Mangonels and Onagers. Or, as i prefer to call them, "Mongrels" and "Ogres". Mongrels, because they are mongrels against infantry. Ogres for...well, they just remind me of em.

Why aren't those trebuchets being defended? If the AI caugh twhiff of this flaw, they'd be onto you in moments. But hey, you won the mission eitehr way. TREBUCHET WARS!

My only pic for now, is that of a battle that was fought long ago. The engagement was known as the Battle of Edward's Field. My first expeditionary force of Turkish janissaries had taken a beating by Chinese forces during the fighting on that huge field. Seventeen survivors of the first force were left t ohold their ground against hordes of hostiles. Reinforcements were dispatched to rescue the survivors and luckily, the yarrived just before it was too late.

It became known as the Stand of the Seventeen.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM

The mission was pretty hard lol TBH.

I didn't defend my trebuchets because by the time they would be attacked the mission would be over.

This next mission is pretty hard. I have to go to Paris and catch up with some reinforcements. The start is alright and the Cannon Firing things (those guys on those little cannons) are pretty cool...

One hint I looked at for the mission is defend your damn siege weapons lol...
Dunno what's gonna happen after the king sends his reinforcements...

In the cutscene it said something about the king and jealousy or something? Something renegadeish.

And since it's in Paris, that's the capital of France so it's definitely the last.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

oo o o..i just got Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs expansion...so I'll put some of my skirmish battles up.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Cant wait to see em Spazz .

I could have sworn that i had more pics in here...strange...oh well. Continuing on.

These pics were taken shortly after my previous one. Once reinforcements arrived to relieve the seventeen, we began to move against the Purple City. Eventually my ally joined in the fight and we fought a fierce urban battle throughout the city. Casualties were catastrophic for al lsides, but i didnt get any pcis of the actual urban battle.