Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:07 AM
ib1-2 is offline ib1-2

Anti-aliasing

What does anti-aliasing do and do I leave my settings on auto or manual and if manual what is the best setting?

I have a 7600GS PCI-E card if that's any help.

Brian
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
let the game handle it in the ingame settings.

auto: is the best! it will tell if the 3D game needs to use the anti-aliasing or not.

think it the game speed 4x 6x 8x 16x feed data faster is better only if the game was made for it.

i another type of card then you have but basic best let the game handle it. and the Video card only on auto.

sorry been up all night no sleep can't say off hand in great details on "anti-aliasing" basic it is>

Quote:

Adaptive Anti-aliasing
Adaptive anti-aliasing is a technique that applies a combination of multi-sampling (MSAA) and super-sampling (SSAA) on 3D objects to improve edge smoothness and fine detail. This feature renders 3D objects containing transparencies more realistic, providing exceptional levels of image quality while maintaining performance.

Anti-aliasing
Anti-aliasing is a technique used to smooth out the jagged edges of three- dimensional curved objects or objects with diagonal edges.

Anti-aliasing> can be set to favor either an increase in system processing performance or improved image quality:

Setting for performance is best used when the 3D image is animated and smoothness of motion is the most important consideration.
Setting for quality is best used when having highly detailed and realistic 3D objects is the primary concern.
If you are unsure of how to configure anti-aliasing, use the Let the Application Decide option. Your display will automatically adjust to the application's requirements.

Anisotropic Filtering
Anisotropic filtering is a technique that preserves detail on surfaces that have three-dimensional perspective and fade away into the background. It works best when used in conjunction with Mipmapping.

Anisotropic filtering can be set to favor either an increase in system processing performance or improved image quality:

Setting for performance is best used with applications that display objects with smooth, simple surfaces, such as those seen in CAD applications.
Setting for quality is best used with applications that display highly detailed scenes, backgrounds, and textured objects, such as those seen in 3D games.
If you are unsure how to configure anisotropic filtering, use the Let the Application Decide option. Your display will automatically adjust to the application's requirements.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-08-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM
ib1-2 is offline ib1-2

Thanks for that brief discription. I shall set my card to auto that's one less thing to wory about.