Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
your right about that KU43

we do have citys in the USA that force people to own a gun/rifle or they get a fine for not owning a weapon.

at this time in State of florida there is one city that do force people to have a weapon in their house hold.

believe it or not they don't have much crime in that city at all, people are to scare to break into other home do to they know if they do they most likely get shot for trying to.

i can't remember the city or town name off hand? but it was on the news some time all go.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Erik is offline Erik

Chief, Bradenton, FL in Manatee County has the highest crime rate in FL, making it also one of the highest if NOT the highest in the nation. Bradenton surpassed Detroit, Chicago, LA and maybe even NYC in a study in 2005.

More crime is being commited in FL because of the new law.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Chief ADFP

will how many of them had the right to own a weapon vs illegal had guns thats was in the wrong hands lawless people convent's.

i am sorry to me the crime are made by lawless convent's then them who follow the law and are in the right to own one.

and i think any father or mother & same sex crap adapt any kids don't matter if they are marry to each other, should be counted for their kids taken a weapon to school all so, and have them kids remove them together as will.

it says they can't get a handle on the kids let some other family get a handle on them more kids stay alive.

if a kid taken a weapon to school don't matter if it a BB/Gun or a real weapon the parents go to jail for 2-5yrs for this action their child did. parents should be counted for their kids action not the other way around. and if the child kill or hurt any one in the school send the kid to jail with other kids were they be in the same area of adult who are serving big time. but not to be in same place with adult a bars between them! but let them talk to each other.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-06-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
In my opinion, if you feel so scared and unsafe that you need to carry a gun with you, then i think it's time for a re-location of your life.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Many of them murders aren't just commited by bangers, and drug dealers...murders are commited by business men, pastors, cops...take away their guns too?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Your statment to disarm everyone will never happen. If you don't want to own a firearm that's your choice. But in your country you no longer have that choice and all the bad guys know that. I have said this before, if you take a map, any map, color all the places with high gun restrctions blue, color all the high crime areas yellow. When your done you'll have a green map. One of our founding fathers, and I'm kicking myself in the butt cause I cant think of his name said about firearms "sense some will not others dare not lay them down" I have serious doughts that Australia has had a drop in crime sense their government raped their honest citizens or their guns. Reason being that just don't happen, never has never will, It's human nature who ever has the biggest stick and in Australia that stick, the only stick belongs to the government.
"No free man shall be debarred the use of firearms." Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Erik is offline Erik

Are you totally blind or do you just live in a world based around your own misconceptions of things.

Of all the people that make posts here on the forum you sir are the most far-sided person whos ideology is shaped on the spin the media gives you. Why don't you come into the realization that what CNN tells you isn't always true.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Chief ADFP

be nice guys or the admin will close this thread.

Erik

personnal i think all man and women have a right to care a firearm as long they stay with in the law about it. as for any police officers (cops) given up their weapon it a joke, it will never happen, same for any arm force they will always use some type of firearm of some type.

do you know all the people who join the service train to learn to be able to shot and kill better using a firearm of some type. some of them are in high in the grovenment and law enforcement offices of some type. from Doctors,laws,police offices, FBI.....ect most came from the service

the weapon i love in the service was a M60 and a M203, outside a 38cal hunting rifle. but in a city some people can't handle it and lose their mind and think having a gun is a joke to show off these people should not have a weapon at all.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-07-2006 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:34 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff
In my opinion, if you feel so scared and unsafe that you need to carry a gun with you, then i think it's time for a re-location of your life.

That might be a fair statement Jeff but unfortunately the current crime wave here in the U.K. is affecting all parts of this nation so where would one relocate too?

For most ordinary people the chance of emigrating abroad from the U.K. is beyond their finances so what do they do?

Perhaps as I've stated earlier, if our elected "representativves" made a concerted effort to crack down effectively on crime then the issue of gun ownership would not be neccesary?

As things stand we are facing a huge increase in gun related crimes and the average citizen has no way of protecting him or herself from armed criminals so something will have to be done before the decent and law abiding public decide to do some thing themselves and down that road lies anarchy.

Regards
Old 02-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Erik is offline Erik

Chief I was as nice as I could be bro.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

Hey Chief Go to milatary.com and cheak out the new m-60. they run an 850 round belt through it with one pull of the trigger and 105 seconds later it spit all 850 without a jam.hears the good part the barrel didnt fold over after the last round came out.
Neo if you were addressing me and somehow have got the idea i trust the media you should do a 180 i havn't belived anything ABC, NBC, SEE BS,CNN, OR FOR THAT MATTER FOX has said in 25 years.If you have trouble with something I state all you need to do is ask where I got the info.Are you trying to tell me an armed person is at more risk of attack than someone that is unarmed.If so one would think it would be CNN your info came from
As for this countrys newspapers, the Washington Post and The New York Times should be tried for treason and SHUT DOWN. The media in this country tells us nothing except what they want us to belive and has been sense the Tet Offensive The media has cost us one war now they try to cost us another. But this war is one we dare not lose. Our media sides with are enemy and are sick with their own self righteousness. Our media caused 9 /11. Our media needs to be held accountable.
That being said do you think you could mabey start using a kleenx?

Last edited by KU43; 02-09-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:20 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by KU43
Hey Chief Go to milatary.com and cheak out the new m-60. they run an 850 round belt through it with one pull of the trigger and 105 seconds later it spit all 850 without a jam.hears the good part the barrel didnt fold over after the last round came out.
Neo if you were addressing me and somehow have got the idea i trust the media you should do a 180 i havn't belived anything ABC, NBC, SEE BS,CNN, OR FOR THAT MATTER FOX has said in 25 years As for this countrys newspapers, the Washington Post and The New York Times should be tried for treason and SHUT DOWN. The media in this country tells us nothing except what they want us to belive and has been sense the Tet Offensive The media has cost us one war now they try to cost us another. But this war is one we dare not lose. Our media sides with are enemy and are sick with their own self righteousness. Our media caused 9 /11. our media needs to be held accountable.
Sometimes KU I feel the same way about the media here in the U.K., certainly the BBC seems to report in favour of those who seek to harm our country in the guise of being "impartial". However when a government spokesman put's his case the BBC always seems to adopt a hostile form of questioning to that person/he/she.

It does make you wonder sometimes......

Warm Regards
Old 02-09-2006, 04:23 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
awww my post got nuked i think
Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

you know Bad Dog the media in this country is so bad it reads like a mike moore's documentary. taking statements and putting them out of time frame or taking a person's words and mixing them up,re-arange them, cut some, add some then claim its a quote. Look how far they went with those forged military record of President Bush. These lies are still being spread by people. i owe i owe so off to work i go
Old 02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

"a person with no weapon can still die by them."

May I ask what you are trying to go with that line?

:::ANOTHER REPLY:::

News will never be unbased, as humans themselfs can't seperate facts to their own opinions

My photography website

Old 02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger*MFA*
"a person with no weapon can still die by them."

May I ask what you are trying to go with that line?

:::ANOTHER REPLY:::

News will never be unbased, as humans themselfs can't seperate facts to their own opinions
There's a lot of truth in that statement Alex!!!!

Still I sometimes worry about the power the media seems to have over people's opinion's and the verasity of their reports as KU says there's a fair amount of manipulation goes on I suspect.

Warm Regards
Old 02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
There's a lot of truth in that statement Alex!!!!

Still I sometimes worry about the power the media seems to have over people's opinion's and the verasity of their reports as KU says there's a fair amount of manipulation goes on I suspect.

Warm Regards
No question about it, news has a key role in peoples life and will as of that also influence as our opinions are formed from what we see, feel and hear during our life time, news agencys has a lot of power, and they do abuse it which is idiotic

I'm supprised Sweden wasnt mentioned in this dicussion, it seems to always be there

My photography website

Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Highly recomend reading Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky, the book, not the video.

An absolutely brilliant analysis of the ways in which individuals and organizations of the media are influenced to shape the social agendas of knowledge and, therefore, belief. Contrary to the popular conception of members of the press as hard-bitten realists doggedly pursuing unpopular truths, Herman and Chomsky prove conclusively that the free-market economics model of media leads inevitably to normative and narrow reporting. Whether or not you've seen the eye-opening movie, buy this book, and you will be a far more knowledgeable person and much less prone to having your beliefs manipulated as easily as the press. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Chief ADFP

News' media in the U.S has always been Government control, they don't run them at all. but they show hell limited what they can say and can not say.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Highly recomend reading Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky, the book, not the video.

An absolutely brilliant analysis of the ways in which individuals and organizations of the media are influenced to shape the social agendas of knowledge and, therefore, belief. Contrary to the popular conception of members of the press as hard-bitten realists doggedly pursuing unpopular truths, Herman and Chomsky prove conclusively that the free-market economics model of media leads inevitably to normative and narrow reporting. Whether or not you've seen the eye-opening movie, buy this book, and you will be a far more knowledgeable person and much less prone to having your beliefs manipulated as easily as the press. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
I will look out for that book Mike as it sounds very interesting reading so thanks for the tip mate!!!!

Warmest Regards