Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

DF1 COOP Map Cycle Fix / DF1 Alternate Lobby / Novaworld.cc

Delta Force 1 never really had any sort of COOP community because the COOP system was broken. Maps didn't auto cycle for hosts, and players were always punted at the end of every mission. Well today (15 years too late), it's been fixed. I've made a COOP patch for both clients and hosts. The Host tool is being tested with success right now (NOVAHQ STOCK in the NovaWorld DF1 Lobby) and you can download the client patch here: http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=577

All you need to do is download that file, and keep it running while you're playing in a DF1 COOP server. It will automatically cycle you with the host. The host tool, available here will auto cycle the missions so dedicated servers can be run unattended.

Also, this weekend I built an Alternate Lobby for DF1. You can now see players in game, join servers directly from this lobby, and there is much more coming soon. Players can use this lobby by modifying their Startup.htm file and hosts will show in the lobby with the DF1 Host Tool. Now there is no worry if NovaLogic/NovaWorld goes belly up. DF1 can live on forever

Delta Force 2 Alternate Lobby:
It looks like Thor has been busy building a new DF2 alternate lobby. There is now a DF2 section on NovaWorld.cc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	16884
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	3664  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 11-04-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
HOLLY BALLS M8, REALLY NICE JOB :GJ:

caps sry
Old 11-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I'm having so much fun with this stuff. I always wanted to learn how to build desktop applications but never had any sort of spark or actual reasons to try and learn. Now I can't stop

I can't believe Visual Studio is free now!

Old 11-04-2015, 10:41 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

It's free? :o

And really like your applications Scott, great work!

My photography website

Old 11-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Yes

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/p...munity-vs.aspx

Old 11-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

How clever and how fortunate for the DF community that you've adapted your skills this way.

NHQ #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Delta Force 1 never really had any sort of COOP community because the COOP system was broken. Maps didn't auto cycle for hosts, and players were always punted at the end of every mission. Well today (15 years too late), it's been fixed. I've made a COOP patch for both clients and hosts. The Host tool is being tested with success right now (NOVAHQ STOCK in the NovaWorld DF1 Lobby) and you can download the client patch here: http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=577

All you need to do is download that file, and keep it running while you're playing in a DF1 COOP server. It will automatically cycle you with the host. The host tool, available here will auto cycle the missions so dedicated servers can be run unattended.

Also, this weekend I built an Alternate Lobby for DF1. You can now see players in game, join servers directly from this lobby, and there is much more coming soon. Players can use this lobby by modifying their Startup.htm file and hosts will show in the lobby with the DF1 Host Tool. Now there is no worry if NovaLogic/NovaWorld goes belly up. DF1 can live on forever

Delta Force 2 Alternate Lobby:
It looks like Thor has been busy building a new DF2 alternate lobby. There is now a DF2 section on NovaWorld.cc.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:44 AM
Trooper is offline Trooper

yes we are grateful for scott's fast work! i mean the guys like a machine! when it comes to df1 patches , i only hope all the people making patches etc are communicating amongst each other if not mayb create a private forum for you guys only to communicate on ? share your ideas etc etc future projects i dunno anyhow love ya dude and your work
Old 11-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Not that many people are left Trooper. But the ones that are have a way to talk

Old 11-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Trooper is offline Trooper

Good Good !! , wow i did not notice the df1 alternative lobby was done!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 05:15 AM
yahman is offline yahman

I 'played' DF1 last sunday and got whooped. I could not see the opposing players. They saw me and shot me up.

I will try again maybe this coming sunday, but man it is not like I remembered. Any distance and I can not see anyone. I have the resolution set to highest too.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I had a really hard time the first few times playing also. Try setting your gamma to about 100 using the player editor (http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=570), it can really help for some people. Also make sure you set it to 1024x768. Those two things helped me the most.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahman View Post
I 'played' DF1 last sunday and got whooped. I could not see the opposing players. They saw me and shot me up.

I will try again maybe this coming sunday, but man it is not like I remembered. Any distance and I can not see anyone. I have the resolution set to highest too.
This manual may answer some questions regarding configuring and playing DF1

URL
http://www.novalogic.com/file_download.asp?ID=91
Direct Link
Official DF1 Manual

This manual may answer some questions regarding tactics.

WARNING - This is a heads up.

Although this info is freely available I think some of the tactics may appear to be bending the rules a bit to some.

In so saying I don't vouch for some of the info myself but I've posted it because I reckon it's possible to play better if you know what the enemy may be up to.

URL
http://www.novahq.net/clicktracker.php?Item=Files&ID=78

Direct Link
Unofficial Sniper Manual

Last edited by Guest001; 11-19-2015 at 02:59 AM.