Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

every time u feel like one, occupy your mind, post in this thread or somethnig

the more posts you do the more we will be able to track your progress lol
Old 04-07-2005, 05:38 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by EL_BASTARDO
every time u feel like one, occupy your mind, post in this thread or somethnig

the more posts you do the more we will be able to track your progress lol
yeah true, i found that listening to music and doing things like running and shooting air rifles took ur mind off it alot because u need to consintrate and it distracts u from smoking
Old 04-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I still havent had one, But it is getting hard. I tried watching a film I got half way through and turned it off..

But I am determind not to give in, as the last 2 days would have been for nothing otherwise.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I hope you can crack it Sal and we have a lot of support here on these boards, for myself the demon is still holding me in it's grip......for now.

Regards
Old 04-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Yep a Big thanks for your support guys!

Well it is close coming the end of 3 days, And my craving is much more today.
In my head im thinking oh sod it lets light one up, And then the other side says, Dont give in now You have done good these past 3 days.

I JUST HOPE I DONT GIVE IN......:cry:
Old 04-08-2005, 06:14 PM
BB

get chewing gum also helps
Old 04-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
get chewing gum also helps
No I think chewing gum is just as bad as smokin as in bad habbits, I cant stand chewing gum...lol I used to love smokin though.

I started or was forced into smoking when I was 11 Years old, I am 40 this year so thats a lot of smoking, and for all I know the damage has already been done.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Just believe in yourself Sal! Turn it around ...kick it in the arse..and try to be polite about it. You can do this...You can make a difference in your life, in a moments time...what kind of difference you make ,is up to you, and you alone...Kick the craving in the sack and take back your time...Don't waste it on something that takes away from you brother !
<:{{{}}}><

Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight,
Red is gray and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Skin is offline Skin

Send a message via ICQ to Skin
you can do it Sal!! Hang in there! Best thing you can do bro also youll save a lot of money hehe

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll
Old 04-09-2005, 03:32 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

there is a different way of thinking of this which can work v well...........

rather than saying "I'm giving up smoking"
just promise not to have a cigarette only for TODAY.

Tomorrow, look back at your success in NOT having a ciggy for the 1 day yesterday, then just promise not to have a cigarette only for TODAY.

treating every day as a new SINGLE day that you can go without 1.

That way you are only giving up for 1 day

(each day )
See you've already successfully given up 3 times

Now for the cut 'n paste..............

Tomorrow, look back at your success in NOT having a ciggy for the 1 day yesterday, then just promise not to have a cigarette only for TODAY.

etc etc

after a night's sleep you can wake up & see how easy it was in reality to get through the previous day, then do the same again. before you know it a week will have passed, then another etc
Old 04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

RE: EL_BASTARDO
Yes You are almost right in the way you have laid it out, But What I have done is everytime I think I want a ciggie I think well You could have one but, I have come 4 days without one and if I did I would have put myself through this for 4 days for nothing.

So Its not long now and I go into the 5th day, And it is getting easier but not much, While typing this I nearly Lit one up by mistake I have one I have rolled up and I keep it in the ashtray, So if it gets really bad I just pick it up and pretend im smoking it, But as I was typing I put it in my mouth and reached for my lighter and nearlly lit the thing.

Im glad I realized before I went too far, I would have been crying like a baby if I had lit it.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:36 PM
BB

i wouldnt keep any sitting about m8, i done that and got 2 tempted after a week lol, so on my 6th attempt this year (current one) i got rid of them all lol..

anyway keep up the good work
Old 04-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Rider is offline Rider

I suggest you throw that cigerette away bro, its only taunting you, its not helping at all. Throwing that cigerette away and any others you have in the house will signify you are serious and you will not break no matter what. it would be alot harder going to the store and actually buying a pack to lite up then it would be to just accidently grab the lighter. I smoked 20 years bro and quit cold turkey, I know you can do it cuz if i can anyone can, my wife still smokes and never stopped just think how bad that had to be for me, I did eat alot of candy in the process to try and compensate for the habit and no it didnt work all the time, I just had to go and do something to get my mind off of it. I dont believe the 3 day thing because Ive been through what ur doing and 3 days isnt enough, I say if you can last 2 weeks then its all down hill man, after two full weeks of not smoking you really dont crave one as much as before and it starts becoming natural to not grab for the cigerette after meals and other things lol

I believe you really wanna quit bro, and if so then keep at it, youv'e gone through the worse part already the very first day, you know as well as me that was the hardest but stay with it and you will begin to hate the smell of cigerettes as I do now being free from smoking the last 4 years

Good Luck bro, Im pulling for ya!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:17 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

RollEyes

You know I did stop a while ago but almost without thinking I started again after almost a month off cigarettes so beware of the pitfalls because it's so easy to fall back into the habit.

Regards
Old 04-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Congratulations on the 4 days now sal, use the money youve saved on the cigarettes to buy something for yourself as a reward. All the best in the coming weeks, i hope you do break the habit.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

Keep on keepin' on there Sal. Dump that weed from your mouth though. My dad used to carry a pack of Camels around in his pocket "Just in case" when he was trying to quit. He never did. He finally died from emphysema, and that was not pretty.

I quit over 20 years ago and I've never looked back. And at the price of smokes these days - WOW. I remember when I was in the navy (in the 60's), we paid $2 a carton and were pissed because the guys on the ships only paid $1 a carton.

If you put the amount of money you spend on smokes in a mutual fund instead, you'll have close to a million bucks when you retire (depending on your age now, of course).
Old 04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Well thanks all, Its a week tomorrow and still havent touched one, I thought you were supposed to feel better for stopping I know its only been a week, But I feel worse now than I did while I was smoking.

I mean I have a really tight chest, If I keep eating Ill have to change my name to michelin.

Since I left home when I was 17 hmm well a lot of years ago, lol I have only ever eaten one meal a day, But now I dont stop eating, Man Ill brobably eat myself to death instead of smoke myself there.

So Im beating Smokin so what do I need to do now to stop the eating.... lol
Old 04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I commend you Sal. I suggest you start working out. Maybe start a cardio rep first. Get your blood and heart working. Then advance to lifting some weights to combat the carbs and cal intake. I'm about to do the same thing. I'm still smoking but you are giving me some motivation. oorah! ... .-troy

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 04-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
I commend you Sal. I suggest you start working out. Maybe start a cardio rep first. Get your blood and heart working. Then advance to lifting some weights to combat the carbs and cal intake. I'm about to do the same thing. I'm still smoking but you are giving me some motivation. oorah! ... .-troy
Thanks Troj!

Like I say I have been smokin since I was 11 years old might have even been 9-10, As I remember I was still in lower school at the time, And I am now 40 this year.

The damage has probably been done now....

Dont leave it as late as I did m8.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Mr. T is offline Mr. T

Unlike some other parts of your body, "they say" that your lungs can do some self-rapair and any time you quit smoking, it's for the better. Right now it sounds like you're replacing the habit of putting the ciggy in your mouth with the habit of putting food in your mouth. I used to fake smoking (during the quitting fight) with deep inhalation (like after drawing on a smoke), after a fake draw. Sounds stupid, I know, but in this fight to quit, every little thing that helps is good. Do it when no one is looking.

I quit twice. The first time was for 3 years and I foolishly decided to have "one" smoke. Bingo, another five years down the drain. The second time I quit, I also went on a diet. I vowed to lose 20 pounds and quit smoking. I ate a ton of chicken (and still do), got into lifting weights and riding my bicycle. Now I'm smoke free for 20 years.

Whatever you do, don't give up, and start thinking about losing weight. Being fat is almost as bad as smoking. Right now it's just a new habit you're developing - pounding down the food. Break that one too and you're home free.