Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 06-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post How do I configure my router to play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising?

Q: How do I configure my router to play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising?

Answer: If you are simply going to join multiplayer games, you shouldn’t need to change your router settings. If you plan to host games on NovaWorld, however, you’ll need to assign your computer as a "DMZ" server (thus allowing other computers access to your server) or allow inbound services on UDP port 32768.

Here are example steps for configuring a Netgear ProSafe FR114P firewall/router: (If you require help configuring your router, please contact your router’s manufacturer.)

Start up Internet Explorer and type “http://192.168.0.1” in the address box, followed by your name and password (“admin” and “password” are the default.)

The router’s settings page should then be displayed. Click on the “Services” option on the left and then select the “Add custom service” option. Name the service “JOTR”, set the type to “UDP”, then set the start and finish port to 32768. Apply these settings and then click “Rules” on the left-hand side of your screen.

Under “Inbound services” select “Add” and choose “JOTR” from the list of services presented. Set “Allow always” as the action. Then put your computer’s IP address for the “Send to LAN server” field. WAN users should be set to “Any”. The “log” setting can be set as you see fit. If you want players to be able to see the ping time to your server from the game server list, you must check the “Respond to ping on Internet WAN port” option. Apply these settings and your firewall should be configured to allow you to host Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising.