Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Dr. Doom is offline Dr. Doom

Cry Install Issues

Hello all!

Up and running on BHD (and beta of Joint Ops.), however, trying to put BHD demo on my sons computer. Runs the install however, no weapons show in view (only hands with nothing in 'em). When install full version, weapons do display, but can't get at NovaWorld servers. So....

1) why no weapons shown in demo version? Are my specs not good enough on PC? (even though Full version works okay)

2) why can't I get to Novaworld to login with Full version? Might my wireless access be too slow? I have 11mb network stream....

Thanks to all in advance,

Dr. Doom
Old 06-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

For the demo version, it could just be a bad download. Try to download it again, from another site.

For the full version not connecting (and I assume the demo wont connect either [does the demo of BHD play online?...I have no clue, never used the demo]), it could be that his puter has a firewall running, especially if it's XP, so make sure to disable it (XP has a default start for its firewall, so you will need to turn it off in settings...do a search for how to do this.) The other thing is that if you are running through a router, which I assume as there is more than one puter in the place, then you will need to open the correct ports for the game, and direct them to his computer IP assigned by the router.

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 06-05-2004, 07:12 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

If the graphics card is nvidia try this out m8
http://www.novalogic.com/supportarticle.asp?ID=78
Old 06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

and i cant think of anything y u cant log in, sorry m8, u got ur account set up correctly?
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM

Scorpion and ux*bb,

Thanks! I'll turn off the firewall and see what happens.

BTW: full version worked in single player mode; demo DOES connect (firewall doesn't matter for demo?). Account is good cause I'm letting him sign on as me....

Cheers,

Dr. Doom
Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

Hey Dr. Doom, your welcome, I just hope it's the problem. If it was, let us know, if it's not, come back and we'll try again!!

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:08 AM

D'oh! It was the Norton Firewall applet running in the task bar. After disabling that, I'm good to go.

Seems my response time sucks (even though wireless is pulling 11mb)....but, he's just learning anyway.

Now to figure out why the JO demo won't work on his machine. Think its the graphics card ain't good enough.

Thanks ALL! (I appreciate the screen print CHIEF...a pictures worth a million).

Cheers