Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 12-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Saddam Hussein arrested in Iraq

some non-DF news gere guys, but i thought it was a pretty big story.

"Ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has been captured by US forces, says the US chief administrator in Iraq.
"Ladies and gentlemen, we got him," Paul Bremer said at a news conference in the capital, Baghdad, prompting loud cheers from Iraqis in the audience."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3317429.stm
Old 12-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
The former leader was found hiding in a cellar in a town about 30 kilometres south of his ancestral hometown Tikrit.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair has welcomed the news, saying it "removes the shadow" hanging over Iraq.

Saddam Hussein is the most wanted man on the list issued by US authorities but has not been seen since Baghdad fell to US forces in April.

Video footage apparently showing a dishevelled-looking Saddam in custody with a long black beard was shown at the press conference.

Intensive search

A spokeswoman for US-led coalition forces in Baghdad said that a "very important" announcement would be made at a news conference at 1200 GMT but would not give further details.

Iraqi Governing Council head Abdel-Aziz al-Hakim was quoted as saying that a DNA test had proved the man in custody was Saddam Hussein.

The news comes as violence continued in Iraq, with at least 17 people killed and 30 wounded after a powerful car bomb exploded at an Iraqi police station in Khalidiyah, about 35 miles (60 km) west of Baghdad.
US officials say it may have been a suicide attack.

Saddam Hussein has been the object of intensive searches by US-led forces in Iraq but previous attempts to locate him have proved unsuccessful.

Quote:
I'm very happy for the Iraqi people, life is going to be safer now... now we can start a new beginning
Baghdad resident Yehya Hassan

People have started celebrating the possible capture of their former president in the streets of Baghdad and the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk by honking their horns and firing into the air.
The former Iraqi leader was last seen in television footage shot in April at a Baghdad market just before the city fell to US forces in the recent Iraq conflict.

US authorities have offered a $25m reward for information leading to his capture.

On 22 July his sons, Uday and Qusay, were killed in a raid by US forces in the northern city of Mosul.

Intelligence

In October, US officials said they had intelligence indicating Saddam Hussein was hiding in Tikrit.

They said he seemed to be moving around various safe houses with the aid of family members, often in disguise.

Saddam Hussein was born in Tikrit and has a tight network of family and clan ties which permeated all of the regime's main military, security and political institutions while he was in power.

Coalition authorities have said that the former Iraqi president, if captured, could be tried at a war crimes tribunal, with Iraqi judges presiding and international legal experts acting as advisers.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...st/3317429.stm

Published: 2003/12/14 12:20:25 GMT

© BBC MMIII
Old 12-14-2003, 07:27 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the word for it he was homeless person hinding his rearend in a 6ft deephole leading to a small room. the opening was cover over some call it a spiderhole.

The bad guy is a homeless person? LMFAO hope you gets what is due to him.
(Sweet Death by the Iraqi hands)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-14-2003, 07:57 AM
DogSoldier~MLK~ is offline DogSoldier~MLK~

about time they caught him

__________________________________________________ _______

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS AMD 939 SKT K8S-MX
Windows XP SP2
2 x 512MB DDR400 PC3200
Ati Radeon HD 2400 XT 256MB
200GB Hard Drive
160GB Hard Drive
Akuma Case Silver
Old 12-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Chief ADFP

love this one best i seen
Old 12-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

cheif: yes he was hiding in a 6x8 ft hole but it wasnt his house, he jumped in there when US forces entered the area.

The 4th infantry division raided 2 places codenamed Wolverine 1 and Wolverine 2 in operation Red Dawn, they turned up nothing but the forces cordened off the area and started searching. Hussein was found in the hole with 1 ak47 and 1 ak74, a pistol and $750 000 close by.

I suspect the supposed medical footage your seeing probably actually them searching for sionide capsules so he could commit suicide. somehow i dont think they care if sadam has a saw throat...
Old 12-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Chief ADFP

yes but love the way he look when they found him. before he was so rich in money and at the cost of the Iraqi People lives and the Coalition lives to free the Iraqi People to live a better way of life and freedom to live. not to to die for a person who really never care one bet about them at all. i seen the news' and the Iraqi People danceing in the street who are the most happy about him being capture. on a good note am very glade he still alive for the Iraqi people will juge him for what he is. only hope he be put to death fast and painless. and the country of Iraqi go forward in a better way.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
THEY CAUGHT OSAMA!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by gensteelebb
THEY CAUGHT OSAMA!!!!!!!!!
no he still on the run
but this should make you happy
Kill your owne OSAMA-GATCHI
Old 12-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Now just have to get our hands on Bin Laden.

Personally, I was hoping he would have shot at the troops so they could give him what he deserves. Unless the US plans on sticking him in a gay prison for the rest of his life he won't get due justice...

Old 12-14-2003, 06:43 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
i dont htink they should shoot him, i think they should put him and prison and let him sit there thinking about everything he's done, let him suffer for the rest of his miseriable little **** life

Old 12-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

the only way he will get a 'guilty' trial is if they hand him over to the iraqis, they have said it will be civil trial and i can guarantee you a lawyer in america could get him off in an american court.

Gensteele, was that a joke or did you think sadam was osama??
Old 12-14-2003, 10:20 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
now keep him and make HIM suffer...woohoo usa/uk ....bout bloomin time too

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 12-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
i dont htink they should shoot him, i think they should put him and prison and let him sit there thinking about everything he's done, let him suffer for the rest of his miseriable little **** life
i got one extra they should do before they put him to death. make the fool dig-up all them people he order to death can you see him out there in the field day and night digging them up and nameing them off, and if he can't put a name on the body elec-shock for 20-30min for each one he can't name, the body of them who die. he live a sad life as a grave digger and being watch over by the iraqis people if they don't kill him first. lol
Old 12-15-2003, 06:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I think it's great news and well done to the coalition forces!

I still think they should shoot the son of a bitch!!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 12-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Surge is offline Surge

They need to keep Saddam and interigate the crap out of him b4 they think about killing him. We need to find out if he knows where the other wild cards are. Then once he does tell them if he know's, confirm it and if all are captured then sentence him to death.

Reason they where looking in his mouth BB is because they where getting DNA samples to make sure it is actually him.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
They need to keep Saddam and interigate the crap out of him b4 they think about killing him. We need to find out if he knows where the other wild cards are. Then once he does tell them if he know's, confirm it and if all are captured then sentence him to death.

Reason they where looking in his mouth BB is because they where getting DNA samples to make sure it is actually him.
kill him after he talk thats be too easy a death work the b*ster to death none stop. he had to many kill off,

i got it let him live in germany/berlin in that old prison, were that old guy die off, they need a replacement in it. its been a lone time it been empty. he stay there no one to talk.

i can't think of the old guy who die off in it, but i think BADDOG would know who i am talking about WWII. he was by him self for a long time in it 40-50yrs or so and he was the only one in it.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:35 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
i think if they took him to trial in america he would get assinated, i think if they took him to trial in iraq he would get suicide bombed lol

Old 12-15-2003, 02:31 PM
k2.Seek is offline k2.Seek

haha im glad he got captured
Old 12-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
i think if they took him to trial in america he would get assinated, i think if they took him to trial in iraq he would get suicide bombed lol
he would never be taken to the U.S.A at all. why he did no then to us, he broken the U.N. law's and his own country will get him 1st then the U.N. get get him after. he will have to asker for what he did, let not for get that fool they had for human right ref; for Iraqi at the U.N. what a jerk