Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
"Running Lag"

I was wondering guys, what this little "glitch" is. It's most noticible when you're sniping off of a mountain on Meat Grinder for example. What happens is, someone will appear to be running straight, then they will hit a wall and still keep running into it (And you can't shoot them when this is happening) then all of a sudden they appear 10 feet away. I know all of us have had this problem, but it seems to happen to every single person when sniping in a map like Meat Grinder.

Has anyone noticed this being such a problem before?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
yup laaaag, what's your conn. speed?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

I get the same problem usually happens whenever the server is overloaded always happens on Nova Servers, usually when player count goes over 20..

i got 512k () will have a better connection in a few months
Old 02-12-2005, 08:45 AM
S MC is offline S MC

Send a message via ICQ to S MC
Sniping on Meat Grinder??? That I don't get. Fight like a man!

Is 512 your downstream? If so then that's more than enough. But pehaps you upstream is not so high.
I'd recommend at least 128 kb/s in upstream. 256 to be on the safe side.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
just sounds like the server is rubbish and is overloaded.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

It could be your connection or his.

Your computer will try to predict where players are running to if there is a communication interruption from nova or other players.
Characters will continue there actions ( shooting,running. etc..) until communication is regained or someone is booted by nova.

Ever shot someone in the back without killing them, only to have them reappear somewhere else and kill you. That was because you were shooting at a ghost.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Yeah... I have about 3 MB Download, and 256 KB upload. I noticed this happens the most on Nova serers. Thier servers must be worse than i thought!

And yes, Mouse, as a matter of fact i've sniped at someone and saw bullets coming 10 feet away from where i last saw them - and got killed But the thing i don't understand is people seem to kill (usually snipe) me almost as if this lag thing doesn't happen to them
Old 02-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i call them ghost basic they run into a wall or say the other team member run pass you and you shot them up, they don't die and they keep on running.

on the other hand i have shot some up and they run 100ft lets say some reason they come back to life they turn and shot me up, after i shot them like 300 round, can't say if it a cheater who is using lag as a cheat or it lost pocket of data.

JOTR has put a stop to lag cheating they have a anti-lag cheat enable, only draw-back is for a none cheater who is using 56k modem they are dead you like to hob and skip back and forth thats what happen with the anti-lag cheat that novaworld.com is using. JOTR & JOTR:E is no good for dailup modem.

in DF:BHD & DF:BHD-TS i get into the killing zone it get real bad lag, i mostly snipe and be a gunner (support fire)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:45 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

nova needs to reset servers
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Hey sup Fifty I had find last night in Bushwhacked =P I'll get you back someday!

Anywho, I never liked the way they set up, let's call it "Lag control" in JO:TR because, the one advantage of BHD is being able to have 700ms ping, and you don't jump around on your screen. Even if you get a CI you can still run completely smooth. In JO, you see yourself jumping on the screen if you are at a laggy server

Know what i mean?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:48 AM
LiMuBai is offline LiMuBai

its the lag of information reaching your pc, this ghosting is fairly common, and frustrating especially when close quater sniping (you usually get spotted and shot, whilst trying to kill this ghost)

oh and S MC, fight like a man? hahaha you obviously run about spraying and hoping for the best. The skill it takes to kill with a single shot rather than a burst, often leading a target, and staying concealed both in close quater sniping as well as long distance far outways spraying and praying. Besides, everyone can play how they want...

Old 02-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Roshi is offline Roshi

the lag also sounds like they might have a ci (connection interupted) and then the "ghost" effect would set in.

btw wOOt im posting from school wOOt wOOt :P

----------------------------------------------

[]==[_'_'_'_'_']=----- <^>(O_o)<^>
Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
S MC is offline S MC

Send a message via ICQ to S MC
RollEyes

Quote:
Originally posted by LiMuBai
oh and S MC, fight like a man? hahaha you obviously run about spraying and hoping for the best. The skill it takes to kill with a single shot rather than a burst, often leading a target, and staying concealed both in close quater sniping as well as long distance far outways spraying and praying. Besides, everyone can play how they want...

Yes!?! And sometimes I hit something LMAO
No really, I always play as a very CQB. Like to use the excellent german H&K MP5 if possible. And of course me clays as a defensive weapon. Handgrenades too, very good to clear a zone in TKOTH.
I've played since the DF1 days (boy, was that game good - excellent gameplay, poor graphics though) so I leave the "spray and pray" to others

BTW, except for DF1, I've hated snipers especially in TKOTH. They often take the fun out of the game and often play for "themselves" which I think is stupid in a teamgame.
But it's ok, I usually run our squad server so if I want I can disable the sniperweapons.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:31 PM
psycho.hellset is offline psycho.hellset

Send a message via ICQ to psycho.hellset
Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
Yeah... I have about 3 MB Download, and 256 KB upload. I noticed this happens the most on Nova serers. Thier servers must be worse than i thought!

And yes, Mouse, as a matter of fact i've sniped at someone and saw bullets coming 10 feet away from where i last saw them - and got killed But the thing i don't understand is people seem to kill (usually snipe) me almost as if this lag thing doesn't happen to them
Nova also hosts 5 games per server with a total of 2 servers for bhd. Meaning, if 1 servers processor is being overloaded you have half of your nova servers are feeling it...