Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 09-19-2004, 12:14 PM
xlt is offline xlt

Help me please

Hello, I recently installed BHD and updated novaworld and the game to the recent versions. I'm able to connect to a multiplayer game...but i always get booted. I dont last more than a minute in there without the game sending me back to the novaweorld screen. Can somebody help me? I have service pack 2 and i disabled the firewall.
win xp pro
Old 09-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
what connection speed?
any skins installed?
Old 09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
xlt is offline xlt

i have a dsl connection with no skins installed.
win xp pro
Old 09-20-2004, 09:28 AM
S MC is offline S MC

Send a message via ICQ to S MC
You could try reinstalling the game, I would do that first.
Then download the latest update from this site or another.
Then join a server near your place and see what happens.

If you have the same problem with other games, please tell.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:46 AM
xlt is offline xlt

i reinstalled twice, and i get the updates form the in-game options menu. I just bought this computer, and BHD is the first game i installed that has multiplayer ( i dont have anymore). Im getting really pissed because my 9800 pro doesnt let me play doom3 or farcry....i cant even play BHD now. I dont know what to do, and apparently a lot of ppl have this problem where they get 'punted'....just nobody has a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated
win xp pro
Old 09-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i really cant think of anything else :/

but on another note what's up with the 9800? do u get errors or something? i can play far cry with all settings on very high with my 9800 pro, and i only have a 2500 barton (overclocked :P ).
Old 09-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

oh does your ping look ok in game?
Old 09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
xlt is offline xlt

Yes my ping does look ok, i remember seeing 88 at the top left. As for my ati 9800 pro, i have no idea what is going on with it. In far Cry, it loads up and i only last about a minute before the game freezes up or boots me back into windows. For doom 3, im not able to load saved games. I reinstalled doom 3 and things got worse, i wasnt able to load the game at all...i kept getting this error and that microsoft problem thing where they ask to send this error report to microsoft (which i never do). Im thinking it is my videocard for those 2 games (have to wait for patch), im just not sure what the problem is with BHD. I can play single player no problem, multiplayer is just a hassle.
win xp pro
Old 09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What I would do xlt, if you can, completly re-install windows xp, and try it without sp1 or sp2 first.

In my experiance, any computer that someone bought from like dell, compaq etc with windows preloaded with all there 'extras' have computer problems with things like this.

Re-install windows, that my solution for everything, and it's never failed me.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 PM
xlt is offline xlt

i reinstalled the game and used novalogics update, instead of doing it through the in-game options. Im having the same problem. i just thought of something though, do i need punkbuster to play? i dont have any of that installed, i just installed the game and updated...any help is greatly appreaciated.
win xp pro
Old 09-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Steve is there a update on this: ati 9800 pro he may need to get and what virsion they have out for it. maybe he can lookup his virsion see if its a older one. get new update for it if he needs it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-21-2004, 01:30 AM
S MC is offline S MC

Punkbuster is NOT a part of BHD, only for Joint Oops (spelled right ) in the DF series.

Tell me. Are you using a router? If so, post the brand here.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
xlt is offline xlt

thank you about the punkbuster info, and yes im using a router. its a Lynksys router.

etherfast 10/100
5 port workgroup hub
model: EFAHO5W
win xp pro
Old 09-22-2004, 10:26 AM
S MC is offline S MC

Some other questions first, lol.
Is it NW servers you get booted/punted from? If you're using the NO-CD patch, NW will ban you from their servers.
Have you got much running in the background? MSN, ICQ, TS or simular. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to see what you got running.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:39 PM
xlt is offline xlt

well im using a store bought copy...so there arent any cracks or no cd files or anything like that....everything is original. And i just bought this computer, the only things installed are service pack 2 and command and conquer generals. i dont have any programs running, not even in the background.
also, what other servers are there besides NW? i mean, i click multiplayer, log into novaworld...and use those servers that appear....and each one of them boots me out within the minute. i downloaded gamespy arcade to see if i can play on some servers there...but they dont even support BHD
win xp pro
Old 09-23-2004, 07:41 AM
S MC is offline S MC

All the good servers are the private ones on NW, in my opinion. Many of them have - especially squad servers - bab.stats running so you can go to their website and see how you've been doing.
I suggest you try use the DF Pinger utility. There you can see all the servers - NW stats and privates - and see what your ping is to each one. The lower ping the better.
Then try one of the private/squad ones with a good ping to you and see if you still get autopunted.
The DF Pinger also let you join servers without going through the pesky NW browser.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:13 PM
xlt is offline xlt

im willing to try that, but im not sure what you are talking about. where do i get this df utility pinger? how do i use it? im used to using gamespy arcade where you just click and play
win xp pro
Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
the bhd pinger can be found on the download section for that game here at novahq, ATI have a new update out so uninstall your cards drivers, reboot THEN install the NEW ati drivers without using your driver disc for it...reboot (that'll sort out your card for sure at least) ya specs in your sig box seem to be ample enough..if you have the sp2 update on have you disabled the winxp firewall which im led to believe automatically gets enabled once SP2 is installed? (although im not sure that would affect it) what isp do you have ?..i remember a while back some AOL users had a similar problem with staying connected?...failing that if you wanna try uninstalling bhd again the do it this way if you havent befor..

uninstall the game then search for the bhd folder and delete it, then reboot and reinstall bhd, try downloading the update and running it from a saved file on your comp rather than using the ingame updater, reboot and try to play again, also befor doing all that you could try clearing the Cache folder files out inside the bhd folder in program files and have a go at playing then...

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 10-01-2004, 09:46 PM
DA--DOC-GLOCK is offline DA--DOC-GLOCK

Smile .........

mine isnt workin either i need help
Old 10-02-2004, 05:04 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
had this problem b4 with my linksys router/switch...dont know if u have a similar set-up but c if this helps:

my roommate and i wereboth connected via lan on the linksys router/switch and when we tried to play on the same server we both would get punted from the server within a minute of joining it...

heres the fix: (sup in the BHD ports)

http://dfmafia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=311

your problem has nothing to do with windows

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site