Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:08 PM
AgtSmith is offline AgtSmith

Send a message via ICQ to AgtSmith Send a message via AIM to AgtSmith
MP questions...

I just got the game and like it but have run across some issues that really make it impossible to tolertate the game.

First, what is wiht this server browser in game? I men it sucks. I get the list and can see a server that is, say, 30 ms ping but when I join I got a ping of 150 or 200 and EVERYONE else is 30, 400, or higher. This has happened on every stinkin server I have tried? People laggin all over, it is ridiculous. Does the netcode and servers just sucj that bad or what?

Second, no All Seeing Eye support? Man that sucks. I heard elsewhere about BHD Pinger/Joiner but can you use them for the official servers without getting banned and if so do they let you see the server info like player names and pings before joining?

How is it that a modern game has no favorites list, no manual adding of servers, no filter list? I mean come on, these are basic MP features and without them it makes joining a game a pain in the arse.

Like I said I really like the game but so far the interface for joining MP is so bad I can't get past it to enjoy the game, that and the friggin laggy damn servers (whatever is causing that).
Old 06-27-2004, 10:36 AM
SabreRanger is offline SabreRanger

The Servers I think are pretty good, my PC isn't the best and I have one of the worst graphic cards, but my Ping Times are normal.

2nd Question: I belive it does, I haven't used it myself but the Pinger/Joiner comes with a lot of stuff

Try different servers, not many and all are laggy, if the map is a huge map has a alot of objects it will be laggy, also 56K'ers ruin the game for people on servers, that could be the problem with lag if it is the same server, Smoke also ruins the game if thrown too much by too many people smoke causes lag in servers..

Other than that I have to say that it is fine, I rarely get lag in a server, maybe 1 out of 200 maps I get a laggy map, or a very bad server room with the people in it, other than that it is fine and runs smootly..

It could also however be your comp
uter, make sure your system requirements pass everything for the game, make sure you have a up to date graphics card, and I would recommend DSL/Cable for internet for the mutliplayer to run smoothly.

One last problem for your multiplayer is make sure you have your anti-virus off, that could help, and your firewall allows it.

http://jops.xwargames.net
XWG-Joint Ops- One of the top Joint Operations resource sites! VISIT TODAY!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
You know, about the ping issue, my ping has never been great in BHD either. In any normal game, my ping would be 60-100ms but in BHD it is always 100-250. I dont know why.

But i think the BHD pinger is crap because it never worked, but thats a different story.

And, one thing that BHD does have that most other games dont is the player list feature. If theres a friend who you want to play with you can instantly find him by typing in the name and it will tell you what server hes in.

But im not impresses that much with the browser either, but dont let it get ya down.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:19 AM
S MC is offline S MC

Send a message via ICQ to S MC
The NW ping is not a "real" ping but an accumulation of your machine lag, machine resources and ping/latency. It's in the readme file that comes with game. So there.

The DF Pinger is an awesome tool. Use it and you don't have to use the slow NW browser.
With that tool you can have only your favourite servers listed. It also has a good search function for servers, players etc.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Quote:
Originally posted by S MC
The DF Pinger is an awesome tool. Use it and you don't have to use the slow NW browser.
With that tool you can have only your favourite servers listed. It also has a good search function for servers, players etc.
The reason i dont like the Pinger, is because when i added servers to my favorites, they would never refresh. It would still have the same number of players as the first day when i added them. Plus, whenever i tried to join a server with it, it would simply say bad key from server
Old 07-13-2004, 06:13 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
The reason i dont like the Pinger, is because when i added servers to my favorites, they would never refresh. It would still have the same number of players as the first day when i added them. Plus, whenever i tried to join a server with it, it would simply say bad key from server
Simply just open up the pinger and click the small box

[IMG]http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ux*bb/helpdfhq.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2004, 06:18 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
that dont refresh the servers down there, u need to double click the game name to refresh it

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 07-13-2004, 07:06 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by ux*enfo
that dont refresh the servers down there, u need to double click the game name to refresh it
Does for me, u see people leaving + joining, server going down ect. and ping changing :P
Old 07-13-2004, 07:12 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

u lucky....

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 07-13-2004, 07:12 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

0 wait look it worked
lol ty bb

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 08-05-2004, 05:27 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Mine anways 100 or higher never have i seen anyones at 0-30 or lower than 100 lmao but i dont pay attetion to others pings alot lol but it may be because there connection and graphics card they may have a t1 or t3 connection lol.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?