Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:21 AM
RooBoy is offline RooBoy

TS INSTALL PROBS........BIG PROBS!!

Yesterday I installed Team Sabre EXP, Installed it, went to play via the pinger. (Prior to that I had downloaded & running V1.5.0.5 update). No sooner had I joined a server but within seconds I get booted. I then tried again uninstall/install both games but when I click on update game I get "FTP_ERR: Server Response 550 /pub/updates/dftsrev0?ux: The system cannot find the file specified. (76 Bytes). I click on okay and get "An Error occured during th update process". Please correct the problem and re-run Update.exe

Today I uninstalled both programs, uninstalled V3.2 Pinger reinstalled bhd, applied the bhd update, installed ts (found I think the right executable which read something like C:\Program Files\Novalogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\BHD.EXE )applied the ts update and got the same error...........plus a few others whilst trying variations of the install process. I've downloaded the new V4.0Pinger but haven't installed it as I can't get that far.

As I was going through the updates and re-installation last night I was making system restore points, just to be on the safe side (and easily return to the point to try something else). The problem I've got now is that I have tried so many installing variations I've totally confused my XP system and it can't even complete a restore op. Right now I have uninstalled DFBHD but cannot uninstall TS (be it by Restore or Add/Remove programs and get the error msg "Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~\PROFES~1\Run Time09\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll" The specified module could not be found. ...................I need some help ( AND SO DOES MY PC)..............Anyone???..............Bueller??. ...............
Old 02-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Smile

Quote:
By: Tech Support 4
Posted: 2/17/2004 5:28:00 PM Top of Page
Several people have made posts regarding problems installing and updating Team Sabre, as well as related connection issues, so here is the correct process:

1. Install Team Sabre from the CD. This will first patch your version of BHD, then install the necessary Team Sabre files. Make sure Team Sabre is installed to your existing Black Hawk Down folder (which is usually C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down).

2. Update Team Sabre. This can be done either thru the game itself (in the Options menu click on Update Game), or by visiting the following page and downloading the correct file for your country:

http://www.novalogic.com/updatedetai...ameKey=DFBHDTS

DO NOT download and install the most recent patch for normal Black Hawk Down. Doing so will cause your game to point to the wrong lobby, and you will not be able to properly join Team Sabre games. An easy way to check if you seeing the correct lobby is to start the game up and log into NovaWorld, and compare what you see to the following:

Black Hawk Down:

brown background
white text
red links
=====================
Team Sabre:

green background
white text
beige links
=====================
If you are seeing the Black Hawk Down lobby after installing Team Sabre you will need to download and install the most recent Team Sabre update (as listed above). Again, DO NOT install any normal Black Hawk Down patches.
Last Edited: 2/17/2004 5:56:00 PM By: Tech Support 4
Novaworld.com forum link: https://www.novaworld.com/NWCommunit...c_ID=162236839
like to point this out if your DFBHD is already updated and some time later you get Team sabra thats ok. TS instill it and best download the update for Team Sabra then update it all so. dose not hurt it if your BHD has been updated you now changing it over to Team Sabra now.

a note only: use DFBHD to play the TS game its only a add-in to BHD so you still need to use BHD Cd to play it.
its better to download the update and instill it from desktop works better then the ingame update.

You did delete the game folder when you unstill it right?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-17-2004 at 09:27 PM.